Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:51:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: creating skins w/warlokk mesh and slimbody builder  (Read 40043 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 04:25:55 pm »

Quote from: Star Ranger4
Considering that this work is a derivative, he'd need both Warlokk and Marvine's (and BBBoy's? or does Yankov just make the clothes?) permission before he could post them.

More than likely if he's just posting the skintones and not re-posting the meshes, nobody will mind... I know that's what I'd prefer.  Just make sure you link to ALL the required meshes, or folks will get confused... :goofy:

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 06:39:49 pm »

Quote from: Warlokk
More than likely if he's just posting the skintones and not re-posting the meshes, nobody will mind... I know that's what I'd prefer.  Just make sure you link to ALL the required meshes, or folks will get confused... :goofy:

Well, he's as she.....................:sign5:

Warlokk, do you think it would be okay with Marvine as long as I only did skintones and linked to meshes?

Even if it was okay I haven't uploaded any sim related stuff to the internet since  before the orignal SIMS 2 came out. I was one of those early pre-game bodyshop folks at the simsresource. I stopped when the game came and didn't get back to playing around in bodyshop till more recent. I haven't a clue as how to upload things now.

Anyways, my skintones are Louis (simcribbling) based which I have adjusted to work with your 34B and 34C meshes. These skintones were also modified to be more realistic with public hair and on the males there is painted on genitalia. I am not sure anyone would want them besides me.

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 08:43:09 pm »

Oops sorry... Smiley

Uploading here is really easy, you just use the "Manage Attachments" option when creating your post.  I'm sure if you PM'd Marvine she'd be OK with it, and I know Louis has allowed others to upload adaptations of his skintones... usually the main thing is proper credit is given.

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 05:42:29 pm »

Quote from: jwilson5

Anyways, my skintones are Louis (simcribbling) based which I have adjusted to work with your 34B and 34C meshes. These skintones were also modified to be more realistic with public hair and on the males there is painted on genitalia. I am not sure anyone would want them besides me.

I would!  I love Louis skins and always wished they had pubic hair, etc... Garkman just offered a number of Louis skins converted to Warlokk meshes at the tower, and they're great - but they could use with more pubic hair.  Painted on male genitalia doesn't matter to me since I have a hack that adds that feature in 3 D and never see the painted on version.
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 06:32:34 pm »

Quote from: VerDeTerre
I would!  I love Louis skins and always wished they had pubic hair, etc... Garkman just offered a number of Louis skins converted to Warlokk meshes at the tower, and they're great - but they could use with more pubic hair.  Painted on male genitalia doesn't matter to me since I have a hack that adds that feature in 3 D and never see the painted on version.

I received permission from Marvine to load the skins so I am at INSIMadult site trying to figure out how to do this right now.

jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 07:19:58 pm »

Okay, got them posted to the INSIMADULT site. The JPG picture is really small so you can not see them well. If anyones knows how to make them bigger without them getting all blurry please let me know and I will update the picture at that posting. The skins are here http://www.insimadult.org/showthread.php?t=22670.
Hope they work for you.

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 05:01:14 am »

Yeah!  And thanks so much!
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 10:40:38 am »

Warlokk, thanks for you advice, it really helped to motivate me to upload something I had created. I put my combo skintones at "InsimAdult" and "Sexysims". The pictues I put at Insimadult were kinda poor as I didn't really know what I was doing but I played around and made better ones for the SexySims site. I was wondering if you could look at the pictures at SexySims and let me know if you have any suggestions to improve the skins.

http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=167048

I know alot of people use "cock" hacks and I have seen skinfiles where there were penis textures (sort sitting between the front and back views) but I was unsure of what that was about. Is it necessary to have these textures in a skinfile for the "cock" hacks to look right?

I was thinking of trying a slim body builder/34D skintone next, what do you think or is there a more popular Warlokk bust size that I should try?

Thanks again for your input.

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 11:22:40 am »

I really don't know much about the textures for the penis meshes, I use Crammyboy's hack but I don't pay much attention to how it works.  I think what you have there should work fine, but you might ask BeosBoxBoy & Marvine about the textures for the BB, they could tell you way more than I could.

As for which of mine to use, currently the DD's and the A's are completely finished as far as clothing and such, so you might want to try one of those... the rest don't have any full-body outfits yet except nude.

Great work, I know they'll be a big hit!  Cheesy

jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 10:46:05 am »

Hi Warlokk
   I was working on creating a 34A/slim bb skintone when I noticed a problem with the female teen top (mesh-tftopnaked_hi_A). I extracted the shape and resource node but when I bring them into the skintone I am altering the name for them changes to references to the emface (elder male face). I have attached pictures from SIMPE for you to see. I even went and got your recently UV fixed one and the same thing happens.
I will try extracting the top meshes from one of the other 34A files (milla) to finish this.
Thanks

* FTEENTOP.jpg (125.73 KB, 1024x738 - viewed 1351 times.)

* TFTOP.jpg (114.31 KB, 1024x738 - viewed 1260 times.)

jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 11:06:14 am »

I just discovered there are no MILLA meshes for the teens. I will wait till I hear from you before continuing with this combo.

I have already coded slim bodybuilder/34D, bodybuilder/34D and bodybuilder/34DD. Now I need to put the skins on the meshes to make sure everything lines up okay then create the five skintones for each.

Whew, that was a workout..............

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 11:19:57 am »

The Milla skintones use the Teen A mesh for teens.  There is no Milla version of the Teen mesh, I didn't find it necessary.

As for those screenshots, I did not alter any references to textures at all, nor did I do anything with elders, so I have no idea what's going on there.  I only alter the af and tf references.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 04:36:12 am »

Quote from: moonsims
Mad thought: Is the game hard-coded to use the same mesh for Normal and Fit physiques?

I'm thinking that if the skin tone file has a spot where it selects the Fit body mesh separately from the Normal body mesh, it would be possible to use a bodybuilder mesh for Fit and a different mesh for normal.

Some of the skintones variously have no fit top or bottom for the adult male.  Usually this traps one into using a single mesh for the fit and normal.

I suspect there is a way to force the skintones to take a fit mesh top and bottom, but I haven't discovered it.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 08:11:24 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy
Some of the skintones variously have no fit top or bottom for the adult male.  Usually this traps one into using a single mesh for the fit and normal.

I suspect there is a way to force the skintones to take a fit mesh top and bottom, but I haven't discovered it.

It all depends on the base skintone you clone in bodyshop; I still have somewhere in my game a sim using a test skintone allowing him to change to the athlete bodyshape when fit, and the skintone was cloned from a Maxis one. I didn't push it further at the time because I was frustrated that the "fit" state couldn't be triggered on clothing.

Now Yakov, if you remember, we discovered when taking a closer look at the files that the name didn't always match the "outfit" and "fitness" numbers - a YA body property set coded as what would be the supposedly missing fat bottom I think. I also noticed that there are differences between the 4 Maxis skintones... We'd really need to take the time to dissect the property sets and make sure of that, but my guess is that in fact everything is possible - including my old threat of a BB that actually has to work out, and that should really pay attention to what he's eating... :lol:

Anyway, with people like Jwilson who aren't afraid to spend time messing with the files (god the skintones just kill my eyes!!), I have good hope that we'll soon start to see very interesting results... Cheesy
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 08:20:51 am »

Quote from: jwilson5
I know alot of people use "cock" hacks and I have seen skinfiles where there were penis textures (sort sitting between the front and back views) but I was unsure of what that was about. Is it necessary to have these textures in a skinfile for the "cock" hacks to look right?

The skinfiles with penis textures are meant to be used with "enhanced" body meshes that have a penis mapped to that area, they won't affect Crammyboy's hack since it has its own textures. You can still add new textures to Crammyboy's penises with a "user" texture package, KnightSkyKyte did that with, um,  Yakov's penis textures >_<. Now I didn't try it myself, and this is one of the lost threads at SS2...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: