Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:22:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: creating skins w/warlokk mesh and slimbody builder  (Read 40044 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hope2476

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 01:00:38 am »

ok i've read all the tutorials...
and i appreciate Jwilson updating it to the newr simpe, as it looks a bit easier. with the process of updating the tops...you would do the exact same with the bottoms/whole..etc correct?
so this tut would apply if i wanted to apply a skin of my own to the slim BB mesh. all i would be changin is the males..
am i understanding this right?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 12:33:47 pm by hope2476 » Logged

:tongue3: Insane & Enjoying EVERY Minute Of It:tongue3:
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 04:09:02 pm »

Quote from: hope2476;775972
ok i've read all the tutorials...
and i appreciate Jwilson updating it to the newr simpe, as it looks a bit easier. with the process of updating the tops...you would do the exact same with the bottoms/whole..etc correct?
so this tut would apply if i wanted to apply a skin of my own to the slim BB mesh. all i would be changin is the males..
am i understanding this right?

This tutorial is for changing an existing mesh that is already linked to a skintone by modifying that skintone with simpe. This does not change the skintone itself just the meshes it calls to. This is definately the long hard road to linking skins to existing meshes.

If I have it correctly, you just want to take an existing mesh (the Slim bodybuilder) that is already linked to an existing skintone and change the skintone to one of your own. I looked all over the place for a tutorial on linking new skins to existing linked meshes and for some reason couldn't come across anything even though this is Basic 101 bodyshop. My bad.

Basically, you go into bodyshop, "create genetics", export the skin that has the mesh you want (slim bodybuilder linked skin). Copy/paste the texture files (bmps) from your desired skin file to the skin file for the slim bodybuilder file in the project folder. Leave the extra hair textures in the slim bodybuiler (it needs them). Update the swatch.bmp, hit update arrow, check it in the bodyshop screen, then reimport the slim bodybuilder file back into the bodyshop with your skin textures and your done.

I found this one by warlokk that is the same basic principle but using his bodyshape project meshes. It might help you also http://warlokkstower.googlepages.com/bodyshapeguide
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:27:31 pm by jwilson5 » Logged

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
hope2476

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 02:39:11 am »

i tried that and i end up with a floating head and nether regions..
altho entertaining..is not what i want! lol
so i fugre there is prob a longer harder road ahead of me.
and omg i'm a noob when it comes to simpe. other tha  extracting sims..lol
but i do appreciate any help you can give me

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 09:15:33 am »

That will happen if the skintone is linked to meshes that are not present in your Downloads folder... so odds are you changed the wrong references, or don't have the body meshes you're linking to installed properly.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
hope2476

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 12:28:16 pm »

ok. i redownloaded all the slimmer bodysbuilder meshes.
went into my downloads folder to double check and yup they are there.
i know i can't just open BS and copy one skin over one of the skins for the SBB. that is one thing i tried and ended with the floating parts.
and i think the hard part is i have newer simpe. the .60 or something to that effect.
i guess i'll go back and try to link this particular skin again to the SBB meshes thru simpe. i tried to go find the simpe you used for your tutorial and was gonna install that one so that it would be easier to understand, as beoxs said they change something and it kinda throws ya off.
but practice makes perfect, and bald!

themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 12:50:16 pm »

Quote from: hope2476;778101
i know i can't just open BS and copy one skin over one of the skins for the SBB. that is one thing i tried and ended with the floating parts.

That should have worked.  That's how I made  versions of the bodyshape skins in all 4 tones.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2007, 02:45:36 pm »

Quote from: hope2476;778101

Ok, did you do the bodyshop skin file updating this way?

1. Exported an existing slim bodybuilder skin and copy\pasted BMP textures you modified from another skin file.

2. You didn't add any additional texture files nor did you delete the two extra male hair files that already existed in the slim BB files.

3. The texture files you copied to the Slim BB file came from another existing skin file that you previously exported from BS and modifed in photoshop.

If the slim body builder meshes that you have loaded in your download folder are the same ones that are used for the slim BB skin you exported from BS than the floating head thing would not occur. You can easily check to make sure the meshes and existing slim bb skin are hooking up properly by making a sim in CAS then going into the game and have him take a shower. If that looks okay than something is not right about the process you used to create the newer skin in BS. The simpe method will not solve this problem.

It is possible that a mod/hack or another bad file is causing the problem. If you cannot get this to work right in BS (please try again) maybe you could post your modified skin file (package) in this thread (in .rar format) and I can bring it into my BS and link it to the slim BB for you.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:48:13 pm by jwilson5 » Logged

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2007, 03:42:14 pm »

Actually, it kinda sounds like when you copied the files from one skin project to the new one, you also grabbed the .package file.  Don't do that Wink  Just copy the textures, and you should be able to refresh your display in Bodyshop and see the new textures immediately, although the shape won't appear of course.

hope2476

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2007, 11:48:09 pm »

ok.
what i did was export the two skins from BS.
one the texture i want, the other an existing linked skintone.(to the SBB)
i opened photoshop. and copied the skin textures, via copy/paste
onto the skintone that is already linked to the SBB mesh.
i used one of the modified louis ones, linked, and pasted my texture over it. maybe i should use one of the original maxis skins that is linked to the SBB? would that do it?
or do i need to just do te whole simpe process and just link my skin to that mesh?

EDIT:
I DID IT! :blob6:
now i just need to edit the rest of the ages.
thanks you guys for all the help...:worship::snorting:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 02:02:59 am by hope2476 » Logged

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 09:41:36 am »

You could actually make it easier on yourself, if you're not actually modifying the textures... instead of opening them and copying them in Photoshop, just copy-paste the .bmp files from one folder to the other in Windows Explorer.  The filenames are the same for all skintones, they will overwrite the originals and work fine.

Congrats on getting it working!  Smiley

jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007, 01:21:25 pm »

Quote from: hope2476;778961
ok.
EDIT:
I DID IT! :blob6:
now i just need to edit the rest of the ages.
thanks you guys for all the help...:worship::snorting:

What do you mean, the rest of the ages? If you just copy\pasted all the texture (BMP) files from the "skin you want" project folder straight to the "slimbb" project folder (no photoshop involved), then all the ages would have been done at the same time.

Glad you got it to work but I am still confused about how you are doing it. Good luck

hope2476

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 12:24:21 am »

oh really?
i'm doing it skin by skin in PS
it's relaxing tho..so i'm not complaining...

Edit:
well well...i tried what you said. leaving the package file alone of course
and holy cow! that is a heckuva lot faster!
thanks for the tip!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 01:17:29 am by hope2476 » Logged

jmtmom

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 06:49:38 pm »

Don't know if this will be helpful or not. I just discovered that using Theo's hair binning tool makes it easy to reassign meshes to skintones. So far so good. I tried assigning the pin-up to the Huge Body-builder and it works in game.

http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tutorials/tutorial-mesh-linking.html

I'll post them when I'm sure it works properly. I just can't believe it was really that easy.
jh3nry

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 03:55:39 pm »

Could this tutorial possible be updated for the new simpe .64?  I'm having trouble finding the windows/files listed in the tutorial in the new simpe version.  Not sure if they have been renamed or are no longer valid
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: