Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:48:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: More Biker Mayhem: chaps for the bodybuilder.  (Read 22606 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kavar

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2005, 12:01:54 am »

After seeing marvine and beosboxboy's newest mesh, the fantastic full jeans, I got an idea on how to make a set of chaps. Its a bottom mesh based on the new jeans mesh, and I must admit the recoloring of them is a bit tricky with trying to make the double buckles stay in place, so I"ve included two different alpha styles to use. conventional chaps with jeans, and for those of you more adventurous and less afraid of chaffing.. chaps with underwear. The texture on them is taken from the maxis leather pants with a little adjustment but hopefully someone good with leathery stuff will recolor them *cough* metalfenix*cough*  

This mesh is based on that of marvine and beosboxboy, DO NOT distrubute the mesh without they're written permisson. however feel free to link back here and post recolors wherever you like, and keep it off the exchange please, we all know how that goes.  

Enjoy Smiley

* Chaps.rar (1352.08 KB - downloaded 2702 times.)

* Chapsmain.jpg (71.17 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1962 times.)

* chaps1.jpg (51.56 KB, 600x450 - viewed 2045 times.)

Light up, Light up, as if you have choice, Even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you dear..
Raf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 05:13:43 am »

Awesome work, I'll see what can I do when I return home tonight. But, for now, I'll be downloading your stuff as always

Now my biker sims have a lot of stuff to choose..thanx!!
 :clapp::worship:

I want to be as evil as him :devill:
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 11:48:09 am »

I need more motercycles for my Simmies! Kavar, these are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 03:47:32 pm »

Great, Kavar, this will be appreciated... Cheesy

And, hum, the crappy leather texture, let's not blame Maxis for that - it's more the result of my experiencing in Photoshop from the jeans texture... *giggles*
So, right, um, sombebody willing to try?
Kavar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 08:02:22 pm »

Quote from: marvine
Great, Kavar, this will be appreciated... Cheesy

And, hum, the crappy leather texture, let's not blame Maxis for that - it's more the result of my experiencing in Photoshop from the jeans texture... *giggles*
So, right, um, sombebody willing to try?

well hon, I think it looked a lot better before I took smudge brushes to it when I removed the pockets and ended up smearing the whole thing lol, but its clear that whatever I did to your orginal was not a positive thing, I'm not so good with the recoloring.. get lucky sometimes.. but past that, its not my strong point more of a map for someone better then me, heh.

this mesh at some point I hope to make an accessory, just tested it by popping it over the jeans mesh and decided to post it in case someone might want chaps as clothing also.

Light up, Light up, as if you have choice, Even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you dear..
Raf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 12:18:47 am »

Kavar, this is my take on your new recolor, is not that different from the original, just adjusted the brightness here and there, and used the white brush to make it more shiny, and I added a red line there. Sorry I didn't add more details, but hell, the front double buckles messed every attempt of modifying the texture of the front of the mesh around the belt. It got over me this time. Sad

* Raf.jpg (217.26 KB, 390x594 - viewed 1495 times.)
* Raf-Kavar_LtrChapPants.zip (213 KB - downloaded 325 times.)

Kavar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 12:31:22 am »

looks great metal, love the stripe. the accessory version should fix the belt problem, not sure how good it will take textures.. but we will see soon (if I knew how to map clothing better I could have done that... but I suck at that .. heh) thanks for recoloring it though Smiley, I like it.

Raf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 12:59:17 am »

Hey, count me in as one of the testers of the accessory version, kavar. I'll be expecting it. Sorry I couldn't done better this time Sad .

marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 05:19:11 am »

Very nice, Metalfenix!!

Guys, I'm sorry about the problem with the belt region - I mapped it that way to keep the details on the pants textures, and still have the skintone display correctly above the belt. Hey, I should have thought further... Smiley

Anyway, I can always help with some uv-mapping, or tips about it - it took a while, but I'm finally getting the hang of it (and should remap most of my work BTW Cheesy))
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 06:48:17 am »

Very nice you guys!!
neilnol

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 12:30:51 pm »

way 2 cool hard stuff man!!! thanx if only i had a body like that lol
finniksa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 10:43:29 pm »

Hot! Now I can finally have awesome beefy bikers tear up Pleasantview. Wink
platinum

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 10:01:52 pm »

How cool ::smilieiforgetwhi::
Thank you.

§ You can always tell the quality of a person's character by how they treat the people they don't need. §
Benny Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 04:50:05 pm »

Very nice. I'm gonna download this and then hop on over to MTS2 to download the ridable Harley Davidson Motorcycle. It'll go together GREAT! Tongue

. . .B e n n y  B o y. . .
[/B]
98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
krashkitty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 02:18:52 pm »

I really love these! Thanx sooo much Smiley

~An indoor kat is a safe kat~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: