Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:44:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Can You play sims 2 without cheats?
Yes - 73 (26.7%)
No - 200 (73.3%)
Total Voters: 164

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you play without cheats?  (Read 31104 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 06:16:25 pm »

Last time I re-installed my Sims, I tried this. Wow, its not the same. I didn't last long before i was putting everything back on, so I am going with no ^.^

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
ganymede30324

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 09:19:27 pm »

I don't know the answer to the previous question. Sorry:(. But I find the game far more interesting and realistic when I use hacks/cheats. Pillow fights, for instance, should take place in rooms where pillows might be found, unless the involved Sims are wearing trenchcoats or some such where they might have been hiding a pillow. Two adults moving into a nice one or two bedroom home might have, at some point in time, learned how to boil water without causing a five-alarm inferno. And it should, IMO, take longer to write a novel or read a book than to take a shower or prepare a meal...so thank goodness for all the great creative types who have made the game better, at least for this player.Smiley

SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 10:04:59 am »

I cant live without the InSIMenator.

So I think that its quite obvious that I cant live without cheats.
Verly

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 12:06:50 pm »

I know I already commented but I thought I'd add. I find the game boring if I DON'T use cheats.

I really don't want to spend all my time telling my sims to eat, go to the bathroom, make sure they exercise so they can get fit, go to bed, blah blah blah and I use motherlode out the wazoo.  That's the way I like to play my game. Smiley

I want to have more fun having them actually DO things. so once again, I cannot play The Sims 2 without every cheat known to man. lol.  

I don't know how I even played the game without the insimenator.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 03:26:31 pm »

there are alot of hacks/mods and cheat codes I wouldn't want to play without as I believe I've mentioned before but besides InSIM and a few others, one I would truly hate to play without... is one that is still in testing (but almost ready for release) and that is twojeff's ACR (Autonomous Casual Romance)
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4691.0.html

I love not having to tell my sims to flirt/kiss/woohoo or even try for baby! :love1: It makes the game so much more fun and my sims seem more real and they have a great time :lol: if you've read my blog you will have an idea of how interesting my game is :rofl:  

Verly, I max motives all the time. I make them hungry if I want them to eat etc... it makes the game much more enjoyable for me to not deal with a sim taking an hour or more to pee :lol:

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Emma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 03:55:35 am »

I use a lot of the building cheats, but never the motive or money ones-I prefer to let my poor sims struggle in their lives!

Sweetgurl

Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 09:16:42 pm »

*laughs hysterically* no.

Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2006, 07:00:56 am »

I did not care for the question because it left the reasoning out.  I said yes, because I can in fact play Sims without cheats, however, the reality is that I don't like it as much without cheats because I like to make stories and I like my characters to do what I want.  Cheats help me to accomplish that.  I do have a couple of households that I play without cheats at all, but most of my people and households have cheats so I have more control of my story lines and fewer uncontrolled actions.

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
kathwynn

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 07:58:56 am »

I probably could, but why would I? And besides I can really ruin there lives richly with just the right twist... Muhahahahahahaha....

Ok that was wrong....  I really play my Sims gasme like a good boy. I use the hacks only for good things and they have happy, happy lives. No Sim ever dies horribly with a bloody messy end that can make even Grim puke and there is no tragedy at all just like in real life.

You believe that don't you? :evil4:

"I have always considered my brains to be my Achilles heel. Everyone is given one trick. Rational thought. But when you are big, blue, and insane, baby, the sky is the limit." The Tick
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2006, 09:23:28 am »

I don't play with cheats...Gawd, stop looking at me like that! Honest, I don't! Shut up! Just shut up!

Playing with cheats causes mental instability, just ask my imaginary friends.

-Gemma-
coffeeKAT

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2006, 11:59:18 am »

I can't see why I would.  The money cheat being the main one.  Why would I want to torture my sims, live in cracker box, sweat and slave for no wage, be tired all the time and not socialize cuz by the time you get downtown your pooped! Yipe!  I could stay in the real world if I wanted to put with that!! BLEH!!  Cheats YAY!!

Love is triumph of imagination over intelligence.
platinum

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2006, 01:32:50 pm »

Quote from: coffeeKAT
I can't see why I would.  The money cheat being the main one.  Why would I want to torture my sims, live in cracker box, sweat and slave for no wage, be tired all the time and not socialize cuz by the time you get downtown your pooped! Yipe!  I could stay in the real world if I wanted to put with that!! BLEH!!  Cheats YAY!!

:smt116 That is my thinking to.
I love using the cheats `'

§ You can always tell the quality of a person's character by how they treat the people they don't need. §
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2006, 02:12:23 pm »

I play with no cheats for my prosperity hood, but I rarely play with them because it is just too hard.
The rest of the time I don't use cheats too often, just the money cheat mainly.

bungee_rope

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 12:54:50 pm »

The day I play without cheats is the day hell will freeze over!!

(And um.. if in case hell ever does freeze over.. I still wouldn't play without them.)

"What if the wife bashes him over the head with a frying pan and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?"
"No! It's a family show!"
"Okay, then what if she does it to the whole family?"--RADIOLAND MURDERS
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 05:38:31 am »

If anyone would ever play without any cheat, would also not be online here.
The Insimenator includes almost all the cheats available in the game and more. I cheat, and cheat and have fun cheating. Why not?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: