Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:17:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Can You play sims 2 without cheats?
Yes - 73 (26.7%)
No - 200 (73.3%)
Total Voters: 164

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you play without cheats?  (Read 30396 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mvenatta

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2007, 01:13:17 pm »

Yes I can play without cheats.  It isn't very fun & I have pathetic sims if I do.
Sir.Cheatalot
Endangered Species

Endangered Species

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2007, 01:25:45 pm »

Never play the game without the boolprop code on and despite all the warnings given about that i never had any problems with it...:scratch:

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
Deeney

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2007, 02:35:40 am »

I think the game is more realistic with cheats especially if I have had to reload my game or restart a family. After all why would a forty something sim have no skills at all?
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2007, 11:43:12 am »

Quote from: Sir.Cheatalot;507491
Never play the game without the boolprop code on and despite all the warnings given about that i never had any problems with it...:scratch:

Now that you mention it, I, too, have code in my startup file so that the Testing Cheats are always enabled.  The only problem is that it makes it so easy to adjust things that it's very difficult to discipline myself not to give them a tuneup any time it's required.

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2007, 12:33:50 am »

i tired but i couldn't. i need the insimenator even just to make their motives happy.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Jaded

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2007, 05:57:30 pm »

To a certain point, I can. It's all about time management and becoming a little obsessive-compulsive in the order that you make your Sims do things.
That and SMALL families. (I restarted one of my neighborhoods after a few families had 10 kids.. I couldn't take it, so I started over. Much better now. Dustin Broke and Lilith Pleasant actually grew up quite well this time around. hehe)

I\'m so jaded, and you\'re the one that jaded me.
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2007, 06:09:52 pm »

I can but I won't. Wink

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
ditzie1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2007, 07:32:58 pm »

I have debug mode always on through Simpe, but just for the sliding motives.  I still have my sims do all their stuff, but I like to tweak their motives just a bit sometimes.  I don't like maxmotives except first thing in the morning.  I also use money cheats sparingly and pay it back like a loan.  I love insim.  I mostly use it to speed up pregnancy, age babies, and to get kids through college faster.  When their meter is full, I move up the final exam.  It makes uni take much less time.  I have other hacks and cheats as well, mostly to preserve my sanity and remove the elements of the game that I don't enjoy as much.

You are only coming through in waves. Your lips move but I cannot hear what you're saying. I have become comfortably numb.
rexetimperator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2007, 08:20:01 pm »

I played The Sims 2 without cheats for some months and really enjoyed it at first but it got to be too much hard work. It seemed I was spending most of my time going to the bathroom and cooking and cleaning and replacing the flowers that kept dying even though I watered them constantly, and little messages kept coming up saying so-and-so was no longer a family friend but I still had time to ring them up and save the relationship. It was just like real life I suppose and the drudgery was winning over escapism.

Now I like to play with every cheat imaginable and create bizare situations. I had Mortimer Goth abducted by aliens and returned as a female baby who grew up to be stunningly beautiful with a romance aspiration. Interestingly, she continued to receive a retirement pension right through school and college. And although I never changed her personality, everyone loves her and thinks she's hot, while as an old man he was rather crabby.

I give extreme makeovers to unsuspecting sims and I even have a special lot which is like a resort with lots of medical facilities and strange contraptions where sims can go (or be taken by other sims!) and get completely changed, including a personality transplant. For me the game is a fantasy playground.
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2007, 11:32:50 pm »

I'll answer, but I won't vote.

Yes, I can, but I never do. Why? Because I usually start my families off with a couple, one, two kids, and having no money can't afford that, so all my Sims are millionares. I wish there was something I could use to get rid of money. I'm building my medieval story, now, and 20,000 won't cut it for the royal family. Or the bad guy, either. As you can tell, I only ever use the motherlode, but I use moveobjects once in a while, too. I use boolProp, but only when I want to give my Sims some "NPC" clothes.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 11:35:19 pm by Dread » Logged

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2007, 05:00:52 pm »

InSIM has a budget adjuster that lets you give or take away money, theres also that familyfunds cheat code.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Matt's Workshop

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2007, 05:57:33 pm »

I voted yes, but it is a bit tempting sometimes to use cheats! :lol: I use mainly the moveobjects one and the angle one. Building cheats, I haven't used, but me girls have. They're right good at all that sort of stuff. I've used the money one, but only a little bit! I do prefer to play the game without any cheats, as it makes it more fun to see how our Sims lives turn out. So, my vote is for sometimes yes to using cheats. :thumbup:

:howdy:
SlinkyFoxx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2007, 12:31:24 am »

I proudly raise my hand and say that I am a cheater.  I have one family in my neighbourhood that I play clean whenever I feel like the challenge, but mainly I like my Sims free to do whatever.  I like to just sit back and watch them because it still gives me a laugh.  I've been running with testingcheatsenabled for a long time now without any problems (touch wood!)  I also find it near impossible to build without moveobjects and snapobjectstogrid turned on.
Aims

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2007, 09:50:10 pm »

Yeah, I'm a cheater...I once *briefly* tried to play without cheating but it lasted like two seconds I swear. I like to decorate the houses and you can't do that without money! Plus I don't have time to sit and wait for my sim to get promoted...all the friends and being nice blah blah blah, just cheat and they get that dream job!
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2007, 09:48:12 am »

Ive tried recently to play the game without cheating, but WHATS THE POINT?! they want so many thing and need so much more that by the time you get to where those needs are finally fulfilled they are 2 days away from being elders and still single....and you don't get to go through the whole other aspect of the game.  I'm not one of those people who can sit in front of my PC for DAYS to get stuff done, so I have to speed up the process a bit...I can waste all my playtime in trying to max the skills of a sim manually etc.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: