Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:50:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Can You play sims 2 without cheats?
Yes - 73 (26.7%)
No - 200 (73.3%)
Total Voters: 164

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you play without cheats?  (Read 30406 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 02:48:32 pm »

Nope. I can't live without cheats. Even before I started getting serious with picture taking and storytelling I coudn't. I love my cheats. Love. Them.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
coliss

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 05:52:41 pm »

I voted "no", though I do not play with cheat codes like "motherlode", or "maxmotives". It's more fun and challenging without them. I also have a few hacks to get rid of certain annoyances.
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 08:10:32 pm »

No-no-no!

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 11:03:54 pm »

I could play without cheats and hacks but why would I want to? it certainly wouldn't be as much fun. With hacks my game is tricked out for me and how I like to play.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
BlackKat13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 02:53:46 pm »

Yes.  In fact, the only cheats I *ever* use are to build (The 45 degree angle one and stuff)

I never use cheats for money, or to max my sims skills or aspiration...

In fact, I cannot play *with* cheats, because I just get soooo bored

I'll be in Race For the Cure on September 21st.  Help me save the boobies, and raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation!  Click Here
Save Boobies Everywhere!-Click HERE to Fund Free Mammograms!
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 05:22:01 am »

lol nooooooo i cheat all the time i don't use very many money cheats of any kind it is easy enough to get money but the insim has so many cool things to play with and squinges mods and inteen i mean i just did a reinstall and added my can't live without cheats in 1st lol.

now i'm working on getting the skins back in i downloaded one hack too many and caused 149 conflicts since i couldn't trace it down i did the reinstall and fixed a bunch of problems i was having.

in a couple of weeks i will have to go thru it all again when pets come out lol.

even with a fresh install and no hacks i will still cheat Cheesy

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
freeasabird

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 10:31:02 am »

No, I use a lot of Awesome hacks and fixs' :devill:

No money cheats and no increasing skills, friends etc.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 09:44:50 pm »

What some people don't understand is:

1, not all hacks are cheats
2, not all cheat codes are actually cheats
3, not all hacks/cheats make the game easier

Some hacks fix maxis bugs.

Some hacks just change how something is done and may actually make the game harder.

Some hacks just get rid of annoying stuff.

Some hacks add to the game like a mini EP (like InTeen by jase or twojeffs Auto Casual Romance)

Some cheats like moveobjects , snap to grid, Wall Placement Restrictions Removed, Plumbbobtoggle and allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation etc... certainly are "cheat codes" but aren't cheats. They are just for building and decorating and stuff.

I dislike when people turn their nose up at all hacks and cheats just because they want to think they are better then people who do use them. Yes, I have come across numerous people who are like that....

If I said I use the familyfunds cheat, most people would assume I use it to "cheat" and give my sims lots of money, when actually it's the opposite, I usually use it to take money away from them. (I'll also use InSIMs budget adjuster but it depends on how much I'm removing)

When I do give my sims money (for maybe that new house or just basic furniture for the new empty house) I always take money from them once they start having "extra cash hanging around" untill the initial "loan" is paid back. Although sometimes if their parents have way to much cash, I perfer to think the parents bought the house for them and take the money from the parents.

So anyway, my point is (yes I do have one lol) using cheats/hacks dosen't mean your cheating or making your game easier or boring, sometimes they just make it different.

/gets off soapbox

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 10:43:41 am »

Excellent post SleepyCat.  When I said I don't use cheats early in the thread, I took "cheats" to mean things like "motive decay off", "aging off", gimme-the-world-on-a-silver-plater type cheats.

While I don't use  those types of cheats, I will readily admit my game is has plenty of mods.  InSim, InTeen, harder jobs (MATY), and NPC careers (that just take up ads in the paper to make it even harder to get the job you want) are just some of the mods I have.  "What's this?"  "Miss this?"  Come on Maxis!  Let the adult sims grow up!
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 10:53:16 am »

Well said, Sleepycat!

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 12:22:32 am »

*blushes*

Simbology
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 12:25:45 am »

Good thing you told us you're blushing Sleepycat.  Hard to tell on a black cat.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 12:28:15 am »

*dies laughing*

Simbology
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 02:23:40 pm »

I don't really use many hacks or cheats-I could certainly play without any at all. I never use the money cheat as it just makes the game boring-I like to work my sims up from just about nothing. The only one's that I would go crazy without is InTeen & Squinge's maternity hack (God I love Jase & Squinge-my hero's!:notworth:), and move objects (if you're classing that as an actual cheat). In fact, the only hacks I have in my game are InTeen, breast feeding, and the maternity wear hack. Things that would enhance it rather than "cheat" :blah:

weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 02:38:58 pm »

Usually, I'll use a Motherlode cheat if I have a toddler in the family, just so that I can move them into a decent starter house and still afford the crib and such. After I get the crib and low-end furniture (1 couch, 1 bed, counters, fridge, trash can, oven, bookshelf and phone), I spend the rest of the money on floors and walls and usually get it back to however much was left.

Other than that, the only cheat I use is the No Empty Potty hack for the training pot, simply because I've had too many times where the kid pees himself while someone ambles over to empty it out. The Maid never touches the thing in my game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:41:32 pm by weetzie » Logged

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: