Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:47:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Can You play sims 2 without cheats?
Yes - 73 (26.7%)
No - 200 (73.3%)
Total Voters: 164

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you play without cheats?  (Read 30931 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2007, 08:28:12 am »

if im playing a game i wont use cheats, but they are essential for contest stuff

vesa

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2007, 08:36:54 am »

I can play without cheats, but I always make so big families that they don't fit to those <20 000 lots, so I'm using familyfunds, motherlode and lately also maxmotives. Of course I have lots of mods from Squinge and other creators Smiley
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2007, 08:40:33 am »

Quote from: vesa;553244
Of course I have lots of mods from Squinge and other creators Smiley
Those aren't cheats they are mods Cheesy

If you have a question about my mods post it here
vesa

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2007, 08:45:22 am »

I know that Squinge, but I just had to mention it Smiley
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2007, 08:45:56 am »

I know that I just had to mention that too Cheesy

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2007, 09:01:02 am »

Quote from: brianpr1;553238
I don't use cheats that alter gameplay, but I use snapdragons everywhere, I have a community lot to get rich quick, others for dating without being disturbed, getting business perks or just improving at pool and dancing. I use all the maxis gadgets - elixir, enigmatic thingy etc. It feels like cheating and makes life easy for my Sims. Most of them spend more time on community lots (in the Land that Time Forgot) than they do at home. Where do you draw the line between outright cheating and just making the most of the features provided by Maxis?

All of the stuff that you use in your game is definitely not cheating.  That's, as you say, definitely making the most of everything that came with the game, and I commend you and everyone else that does it on that.  :clap:  Let's just say that anytime you put a download that really modifies one or more of the game's features (i.e. speeding up skill building) greatly to one's benifit, or when you open the little cheat console in-game to kaching and motherlode the heck out of it, that's "cheating."  :angel:

I can't even play my game without the InSimenator or without starting it in debug mode.  Dangerous, but for some reason it's the only way I can get my game to run properly.  The only time I played without cheats was when I first installed the base game, and even after that first time, I was looking for the cheat list.  Then I discoverd MTS2 (which insued a chain reaction of finding other sites) and it all went downhill from there.  Cheesy

PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2007, 09:52:25 am »

The only cheat I use is Familyfunds, the rest are Mods! :iconbigg:
Love Insim, Inteen, MATY,MTS2, and ect without whom I would sitting in a corner playing with the flour sack baby or begging for Simoleans. :laugh:

And I have alot of Squinges Mods, and Smonaff's over at MTS2, Numenor, Exnem, you get the picture, i think out of the 2800 downloads I have, at least 150 or more are either Mods or hacked objects. Scary!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:55:05 am by PrincessJen » Logged

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
Riellex3

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2007, 10:01:26 pm »

i'd be totally bored if i played without cheats xD

i use cheats for money so i can build a house xD but i still work ;] odd, ryt?

hahaha

:jester: mwahahaha >:]:toothy7:
purpledaddy

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2007, 06:10:19 am »

Years ago yes.  Now, no way. I consider them another part of customizing the game to playing it the way I want to play along w/ the wonderful custom content guys just like the EP's and SP's.  Thank you guys and gals who keep discovering and creating it! :iconbigg:

Thanks CC'ers & Webmaster for your work.
boeketjebloemen

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2007, 09:04:23 am »

I could not play without cheats, but I've cut down on my use of them a lot. A few months ago, I'd have all the motives of the members of my sim-family maxed out 24/7.
Now, I only make sure they don't die from starvation and those kind of things.

:bunny:Climbing up from Moo-Bunny status:bunny:
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2007, 09:40:04 am »

OFB made it so money is pretty easy to get.  If my sims are too broke, I usually have them run a business for a while until things get better.  I don't make all my sims very wealthy.  I like having some differences between families.  I even keep a few "broke" families around.

I've noticed that the less shortcuts I take with a particular sim lot, the more satisfaction I seem to get out of it.

Using the Insim to me isn't always cheating.  It's one thing to give your sims badges they didn't earn and quite another to use game code to get your sims out if a stupid situation that you didn't really intend. (like when they get stuck maybe).

The game is what you make it.  If you are bored and your sims are all pretty much doing the same things all the time; if you aren't happy with that it's your own fault! Smiley

I let my sims take risks, I always try to have at least one doing as much in the game as I can find for them to do.  Be a vampire, be a werewolf, become a plantsim or a zombie (uh do i need to mention that I have all the expansions?), or be rich or poor.

Having said that, ideally my neighborhood would be balanced with enough different families doing different things so I can match my mood when I play and the game never gets too boring.

Well I think I've answered the original question plus some maybe. Smiley

Dang!  Coffee is good!
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2007, 10:03:15 am »

Nope... I tried to play TS2 without cheats and was spending too much time keeping their aspiration levels high enough so they could rejuvinate with the elixer of life... I also got quite a bit annoyed by them having pillow fights, giving the toddlers baths every couple of minutes, missing the school bus, etc...
Chinami

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2007, 12:28:37 pm »

For me, Yes! I actually like sims 2 without cheats. It ruins the purpose of everything and makes achieving things everything easier. But I have to admit, I'm pretty close to custom clothes and stuff.
artemis828

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2007, 09:49:38 pm »

I could live without everything but ma tombstone of L&D. my sims aren't very socially adept so they have to cheat to make friends...

May all of your [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]dreams[/COLOR] bloom like daisies in the sun.
n0mki

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2007, 10:11:58 pm »

I love whene the teens woo hoo the b rlerders

n0mki
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: