Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 12:41:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Make elder hair into adult hair?  (Read 2461 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
zombiekim

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2006, 09:25:47 pm »

Hi,
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I haven't been able to figure it out myself.
I have a great custom hair mesh, and I want to make the elder hair color (that is, grey) available for my adult sims. I have SimPE and have used it before, but only with tutorials. I haven't found a tutorial that speaks directly to my problem--or maybe I'm just not reading them right!
Thank you for any help. :D

"T-REX ARE YOU THE SASSIEST DINOSAUR"
"Second-place in last month's sassy-assy competition!"
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 04:57:59 am »

Zombiekim - you need to use BodyShop to do this.

You start a clone of a normal Maxis hair - then you copy the BMPs of the EM (elder male) or EF (elder female) to the AM (adult male)/YM (young-adult male) or AF (adult female)/YF (young-adult female) BMPs.  The YM/YF appear only if you have University EP installed.  The grey hair (as far as I know) will only display as a category option for elders; so making a custom package is preferable here.

Using SimPE is only useful (in this instance) if you wanted to remove the black, red, etc. completely from the game my way of making default replacements.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
zombiekim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 01:55:48 pm »

Thanks so much for your help. Last night I was trying to do that, but in a photo program instead of just copying/renaming the BMP files. Not very bright on my part. And PhotoPlus was, for some reason, not saving the changes to the images no matter what I did (merging, saving the elder BMPs as adult, whathaveyou--computers aren't my forte, I guess).
Anyway--thank you! :D

"T-REX ARE YOU THE SASSIEST DINOSAUR"
"Second-place in last month's sassy-assy competition!"
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:13:31 am »

The elder hair and the adult hair use the same mesh. You can change the hair properties directly by extracting the property for the hair you want to change (from the game root for the EP where it is located). Elder hair has age 10, if you change it for 18, the hair will appear for both elder and adult. 48 makes it to appear also for YA. So you do not need more than place the package in the downloads folder. The hair will appear in CAS for adults (or YAs) too.
Have fun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: