Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:09:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tribute  (Read 8549 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ramseyazad

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2006, 06:02:22 pm »

Hi bodyshape fans.  I've been downloading and asking questions and trying my hand at skinning with various successes and myriad failures.  (really I just want some nice blue, green, zombie, or other interesting high-res nekkid sims with pubic hair to add to my collection) But I figured I'd upload a small tribute to our modd-man in chief here.  I've only done it in 34c natural shape because it's my favorite, it's a top with a familiar logo on the front.   Sorry I haven't figured out how to make the preview yet.

ramseyazad

* 5f22b8fd_warlokktshirtaga.zip (150.48 KB - downloaded 322 times.)

* Warlokk_Tshirt_by_ramseyazad.jpg (48 KB, 384x512 - viewed 530 times.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 11:19:44 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged
MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 04:58:19 am »

That's great, ramseyazad!  Warlokk's avatar works well on Tee's.
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 03:37:48 pm »

Here's a screen shot for you!

Warlokk Tribute T-Shirt by ramseyazad

This garment requires Warlokk's 34C Nat T-shirt mesh, which you can get from this topic in Warlokk's Tower.  (If you install the garment and it shows up as a brown sleeveless top or some other odd thing, that indicates you don't have the correct mesh installed yet.)

How I Made This Screen Shot

There are lots of ways to get screen shots.  Here's how I did this one:

• Start up Body Shop.  Go to the Create Sims tool.
  • Create a sim.  (I cloned Paige Warwick because she was standing there smouldering at me when I arrived.)
  • Dress the sim in the garment of interest.  Try not to become too distracted by playing with her.
  • F3 to allow for moving the camera.
  • F5 to get a blank white background.
  • F9 to hide the tools.
  • Use the mouse and "<>" keys to position the character and get the lighting I want.
  • [shift]-[prt scr] to capture a screen shot to the clipboard.  (This is the key step.)
  • Start up Photoshop.  (Just about any painting program will do.)
  • Create new image.
  • Paste.  Screen shot image appears.
  • Crop.  I used a marquee tool set to an aspect ratio of 384x512, out of habit.
  • Fiddle with Photoshop layer effects to get a nice shadow.  (It's a compulsion.)
  • Save the Photoshop file.
  • Open my web site (The Pearl) in Web Drive.  (If you don't have a handy web site, iphotobucket seems to be a popular place to store images, though you could just save the .jpg to your own machine and upload to the BBS here.)
  • Scale the image to 384x512, flatten it, and save it to the site.  
  • Post this message with the screen shot!

Ta da!

If you want to attach a screen shot to your message, scroll down the page where you're creating the message and click the button that says "Manage Attachments".

And so now Paige has Warlokk right where he wants to be!

Anyone who wants to post this note as a tutorial topic somewhere is most welcome to do so.  Edit as required to maximize your happiness.  Credit "The Pearl" if including a credit makes you happy.  You can use the image, too, though it would be nice to link back to this topic if you do.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 09:27:01 pm by Chairman Greg » Logged

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 04:00:53 am »

Moon, you are awesome!  Thanks for posting those instructions, I'm sure many have wondered how to do this.
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 06:32:53 am »

:lol:

Thanks!  But I'm not as awesome as J. M. Pescado!  And certainly not as awesome as Warlokk!

I sort of skipped a step between 4 and 5:  Usually before I hide all the tools, I get the model close to the view that I'll want for the screen shot.  The most important thing at that point is to use the mouse to drag the whole scene around until the lighting is coming from where you want it to.

ramseyazad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 03:34:27 pm »

thanks.  I truly had no idea how to do that.
ramseyazad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 03:36:03 pm »

Ooo - I've been looking around to find more of warlokk's avatar-style art.  I'd like to make some warlokk-tattoo skins.   Any ideas where I can find this stuff?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 04:29:13 pm »

http://www.derekriggs.com/

The motherlode of Iron Maiden cover art, by the artist himself Derek Riggs :headbang:

Go to Published, then Iron Maiden, and you'll find almost everything he painted for them.  There's also a lot of other stuff he's done.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 11:23:41 pm »

Swwweeeeeeet!  Thank you for the screencap Moonsims!  And Thank you for the great tribute skin Ramseyazad!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 05:12:40 am »

Wow I just realized I forgot to say how cool this is!  :goofy:  Thanks a ton for this, I love it Cheesy

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 06:39:52 am »

Fantastic job!
Fabiana1865

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 11:12:44 am »

:jaw:
Cool!!!!!!! :clapp:

Thank you for sharing :beer:
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 04:24:07 pm »

This one is haunting my brain like a dark muse on a dismal night.  Brace yourself, ramseyazad, I'm about to pilfer your concept for something a bit gloomier. :lol:

Stay tuned!

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 05:45:46 pm »

Quote from: moonsims
This one is haunting my brain like a dark muse on a dismal night.  Brace yourself, ramseyazad, I'm about to pilfer your concept for something a bit gloomier. :lol:

Stay tuned!
 It sounds so promising and ominous all at once!  I'm breathless with anticipation (or should I be frightened?)
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 07:01:49 pm »

Quote from: VerDeTerre
It sounds so promising and ominous all at once!  I'm breathless with anticipation (or should I be frightened?)

:lol: No fear!  It's just a variation on the same theme, but played in a somber key:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=24489

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: