Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 05:23:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make objects shiny?  (Read 2044 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2006, 06:10:38 am »

Does anyone know how to make an object shiny?
I have a custom crown I want to make shiny but whatever I do, it doesn't work. Have tried all kinds of envcubes and nothing happens.
Thanks.
weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 12:05:01 pm »

What exactly do you mean by shiny? If you mean shiny in a metallic sense, then the object needs either a false reflection in its texture or a reflection map, which needs to be added to the mesh itself.

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 07:26:15 am »

Yep, I want that it shines normally, not a false reflection. The crown used in the game is associated to a hair and use the red hair as base for the shine.
I suppose I'm talking about the reflection map that you mention. Do you know how to add it to a mesh. I have the mesh I'm messing up with but has no texture or anything related to it, so it will not appear. I'm trying a tut I read here about making a temporary texture to start with.
The case is that I have another crown that I'm using as study base and it has no shine at all though it has texture related to it and appears in Body Shop and in-game. I tried first to make it shine by working with the material definitions. Though I included an item for using the water reflection envcube as basis, it seems I'm really missing something.
Thanks for any help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: