Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 02:14:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: "My Son" -- Updated 27/12/06 (CH3PII with pics) -- My first sim story!  (Read 30024 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2006, 03:28:54 pm »

Chapter One - The History. Part I - The Daycare.

(writing as Rose Goth)

“Look up – the future’s coming.
Look straight on – and brace yourself.
Look down … and you’ll find money on the floor.”

It all started with some stupid crush... Darren Dreamer was never meant for Cassandra Goth, anybody could see that. He had his shot with Darleen, his first wife. I feel no sympathy.

Mother was engaged to Don Lothario. And sometimes, maybe, I think it might actually have been better that way.  If dad could have settled down, maybe got a job, and if mum had somehow pleased him more? Maybe, then, they'd still be together...and Riley and I wouldnt' be here. Sometimes, I still think, that would be better.

I am Rose Goth, first child of Cassandra Goth and, sometimes, I wish, Darren Dreamer. But, if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that you cannot change the past. Never. No matter how much you want to.

Born in the Goth mansion, and, unfortunatly, heiress to the Goth fortune, I grew up without my father. And, after the first year of my life, without my mother, either.

"Sparklepuff Daycare for Little Princesses in Training Oh and Boys too..." was my temporary home for the first seven years me and Riley shared together. Although we shared a room, I spent more of my toddlering time with a Pleasant boy called Will, William.

My time there was good...

But with so many other children, I learnt to fend for myself.

I didn't cry,

or rebel...

...Riley did...

But, yet, somehow, they all loved Riley more...

...compared to me.

Always.

It's been like that, ever since we were little. At the daycare: with Christian and Nanna Rose. It wasn't so bad with Nanna Rose, we seemed to get on, and she taught me many things...

...but too many times, I had to teach myself.

...but too many times, she cared more for Riley...

Like the time Riley snuck home from the daycare. We lived two roads away, you know the one – the road crowned with the famous Goth Mansion. Anyway, back to Riley. He was in his pyjamas, in broad daylight.  Must have been when Nanna Rose wasn't looking.

But imagine that! A toddler crawling across a road! Or was he walking then?

Of course, it must have been Christian that taught him to walk. Riley must have had enough of the "dopey daycare lot", picking himself up like that and going. But, why? He loved it there, after all, who wouldn't? Living in Riley's shoes, the Daycare life was good:

He learnt what he had to...

He had his fresh milk personally given to him, unlike me who had to drink 3-day old sour ones when Nanna Rose wasn't looking.

That's him when Nanna Rose found him. He wasn't in one bit of trouble! Nanna Rose adorned him with kisses and Christian couldn't stop hugging him, "so thankful that my little solider is back!". I couldn't stand it.

Even as a baby he was loved.

Then when he grew up, Christian still adored him.

Christian was like Riley's father. And if I close my eyes, and forget what our real father looked like, I can maybe pretend that Christian was Riley's father. Riley's, but not mine. I wouldn't want him as my dad, neither would I want our real dad. That's good. Because I never had him, anyway.

Comments welcome! This is my first story, so feedback is more then appriciated! If you're not following, then Rose is Riley's twin and Nanna Rose is my sim, Adelle-Rose who runs the daycare with her hubby, Christian Daycare.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 01:09:21 pm by SimulatedDork » Logged

-Gemma-
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 12:09:20 pm »

Oh good story I look forward to more!!!!!!

LAX is whats up.
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 02:33:04 pm »

There you go! Have some more Smiley

I was going to put the edit as a seperate chapter/part, but they were too similar so I merged them. Make sure you read the update, or you won't understand what happens next! Tongue

Please comment on what you think Smiley

-Gemma-
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 03:37:33 pm »

Ok great update is more coming soon?

LAX is whats up.
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 12:16:06 pm »

Lol, hopefully, just need to organize the story + take some more pics!

-Gemma-
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 04:18:14 pm »

Ok,ok fair enough

LAX is whats up.
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 04:24:49 pm »

I have got an update planned, but it's hard for me to take in-game pictures because Adelle (Nanna Rose) and Christian our elders now! Rose and Riley are teens and the story is only vaguely planned out: I have a breif idea of what I want to happen and I know how each character feels at the moment, but they do things, talk about things, react in such ways it surprises me. Who knows, the end result could be nothing like I planned.

Quick Q: Am I writing too much in clichés? With later parts // chapters I have done some checks and rewritten them all out, but I don't really want to touch the first one too much. Let me know what you think. And there is a slight problem occasioanally the second picture doesn't show up. Right click and select: "show picture" or refresh the page.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 04:27:56 pm by SimulatedDork » Logged

-Gemma-
simtastic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 02:55:07 pm »

The storys good Cheesy an like oddball i look forward to more

In my opinion the story is well written,easy to follow and understand you've done very well for a first story
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 02:58:02 pm by simtastic » Logged

X x Sarah x X

:error: Insert Witty Signature Here........
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 03:59:18 pm »

Chapter One – Part II – Childhood

(Writing as Rose Goth)

“An ‘ode’ is a sad, rememberance poem.” – Oxford Dictionary

I seemed to grow up a lot quicker then Riley. While he was being fussed over, I just sat in the corner watching it all happen. He really enjoyed his toddlerhood, I mean, he took his time growing up!  But me?  I couldn't. I couldn't enjoy learning to talk, or walk, knowing that Christian and sometimes even Nanna Rose thought of it as a chore! They never dared to think of training Riley as a unpleasant task. Christian even had the guts to CONGRATULATE Nanna Rose on teaching me to talk.

I don't know whether I was a difficult child or not. I had my moments, didn't we all?

As we grew up, nothing changed. Of course, we had grown out of the nursery, or at least I had. We had a small leaving party, and dressed all the toddlers up in cute party frocks.

Of course, we all know that the leaving party was really for him, it's just that they wouldn't admit it.

I didn't feel welcome...

...and I wasn't. They wouldn't admit I wasn't welcome at my own leaving party. But I didn't mind, I preferred to sit alone, anyway.

It was sad leaving, though.  The Sparklepuff Daycare For Little Princesses in Training Oh and Boys Too had been my only home for seven years. Now packing our stuff and leaving without Nanna Rose or Baby Chantelle or Tot Flower just seemed odd. And to think, I was leaving home to go to "home"!

But we arrived none the less, with Riley seeming less troubled then I clearly was.

"So isn't this weird?!"
"Weird?"
"Coming home."
"No...but I will miss the nursery – and Christian. And all the games we used to play! Wasn't it fun at the nursery, Rose?"
"Yeah...fun."

Our chauffeur dropped us off outside our house – a lot seemed to have changed. There were two floors instead of four ... and the rose garden (namesake) was gone – and the wedding arch? Grandfathers wedding arch – all gone. I wildly started to panic. Where was all our stuff? Had the taxi driver been plotting our downfall? So many people - hating us, hating our wealth - why would he does this? We're just children, how would we ever find our way back home? Where the hell where we?

This isn't our house. Nothing's the same, they can't have changed this much since we last saw it...but seven years, so much could happen in seven years! I started to shiver - to panic! A burgular? What if a burgular had come? My worst fear was coming true...

"Riley! This - " I began, not knowing how to go on. But when I turned round to look at him, he was at the door of this strange, new place already. And Darren - he was hugging Darren Dreamer. Darren Dreamer? A new house...

Realisation hit me, along with a huge dollop of stupidity. Riley seemed unaffected. As always, he seemed just a step ahead of me. Which is peculiar, really it is, because to be honest: I'm the intelligent twin.

Or at least I thought I was. I really did. And I thought that was the only thing keeping me vaguely in Riley's league. I mean, I wasn't as popular as him, or as witty, but at least he wasn't as smart as me when it came to Maths or Physics. But then, one day, that too, like my father and my mother and my home, was taken away from me.

Here he is, supposedly getting "help on his homework". Notice the superficial interested look Darren is good on putting on. He's had practice. I tried talking to him about things that really concerned me, but the relationship was just so shallow. No way was I going to tell him about this Saturday...

At school, it was no different to the nursery  - there was always a slight tip in the scale towards favouring Riley. And then,  Mr.Buck did the unthinkable. He failed me.

That was it, me getting a D and Riley scraping by with a C++. I don't know what I had done wrong, I revised, I knew my stuff, and Latin came to me like second nature. So then why?

I cried for hours over it. Riley would chill out in reassurance, being treated for his "good grades" while I couldn't help but cry. I knew something had to change...

I hit the books more intensely then ever. I admit, I'd always been kind of a boff, and looking back, maybe I'd been a little obsessed over grades, but I did what I had to do! Every spare minute I had – I was studying. Even in my non spare time, I studied. I did become obsessed – first it started with Latin,

then progressed on to French – my accent wasn't perfect.

Or Alegebra – my petit xs and ys weren't perfectly formed.

Then I found faults in every assignment I did. Mum watched me tear page out of page of my exercise books for one ink smear, for one spelling mistake.

All because of Mr.Buck.

Notes: I hope to God the real Mr.Buck does not read this! And sorry for the crappy thought bubbles on a few of the pictures, my editing techniques are quite primative, considering I cannot have Paintshop Pro running as well as the internet. *Sigh* Again, any comments welcome. I've got the next chapter already written up + got most (if not all) the pictures taken, SHOULD be up by tomorrow! Tell a friend Wink
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 12:24:23 pm by SimulatedDork » Logged

-Gemma-
missd735

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 06:42:59 pm »

Very good!! I'll be looking forward to what happens next. Keep up the good work!=)
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 01:53:16 pm »

Very cool!  I love the nursery scenes I seldom play the children's characters and your story really brought them to life for me!

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 10:07:15 pm »

Hmmm... It's not very often that I leave comments for peoples' stories, but I really do feel for the little girl...

:blob6:
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 01:40:59 am »

I'm intrigued! The first chapter was a little shaky in the details and pictures, but it's all coming together in front of me now.. ^^ great job!
dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 06:48:38 am »

Just found this and so far, I'm loving it.

It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility!
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 01:55:12 pm »

Chapter Two - The First Night - Part I

(Writing as Rose Goth)

“Count your blessings, your friends, your dreams and your pleasures.
Count your curses, enemies, fears and woes.
Then count the stars.
Which is more?”
[/SIZE]

Riley and I dismounted the school bus and pulled out our classwork. Today had been a long day, and I was SURE of getting the A+++.

"Oh. An A++ is err...good too." I thought to myself. "Really." Time to see what Ri-

"Yesss: a B-!" exclaimed Riley.

I stared at him. He was pleased with a B-? How? Didn't he know that Mrs. Connell would only give a 'B-' for 'satisfactory work'? I was about to ask him – ask why he wasn't sad – after all,  wasn't Riley used to whizzing by and getting perfect grades? I was sure Riley was getting good grades, simply because everybody loved him. But then, another emotion erupted inside me – not curiousity, or congratulations, more like an outrageous outburst of ...

"Yeah, yay you!" I blurted out sourly.

I was only eleven there, but already I found my dark, sarcastic humour developing.  And what's so special about a B- anyway?

Riley raced inside while I lingered in the outside a little bit. Maybe I'll nestle down in a cosy spot of our garden and do my work out there. Yeah, that'll be better. The less I see Darren Dreamer, I guess the happier I'll be.

"Alright, what's first? Geometry? Perfect..."

So time ticked by slowly, I trudged my way through every maths question, then started translating some French and by the time I had completed my history assignment, it was getting late. I looked around for some clue as to what time it was exactly, but there was none. Our old house – my real house – was huge. Much bigger then this, anyway. There weren't clocks everywhere, but there was an engraved wooden outdoor one. The inscription read:

"B.B & M.G to wed..."

I always wondered who B.B and M.G were, but it didn't matter much. Our house had been owned for generations, whoever they were they were probably dead by now, anyway.

We're now living in a much smaller place, 190 Main Street, and the house rests in my possession, my inheritance that is. But I'm not sure I want it, such a big house, all for me. Somehow, it just wouldn't feel like it was mine. At least mother and Uncle Alexander lived in that house – well, for longer then I did anyway.  But I'm the oldest, and grandfather Mortimer insisted that the house should go to ME. You can tell a certain Darren Dreamer isn't pleased with that.

Knackered, I laid back on my school bag and my eyes drifted around, catching each sparkly star in the black-velvet night sky. I began to wonder what each star meant, surely they must each have their own, special meaning? Or was I just think too hard? I don't think I do think too hard...it's better then not thinking at all, and filling your life with things that don't matter.

The night was perfect and silent, the occasional wind brushed by, that was all. I was beginning to admire my surroundings, and felt content with just lying there, not thinking on anything in particular. Just enjoying time.  

Footsteps, approaching from the distance awoke my adrenaline, waking me up. It was like I was about to be caught doing something I wasn't meant to be doing, like I wasn't supposed to be here... My breathing - which was fast and heavy by now - shattered the silence, almost breaking it irreversibly. But why did I care so much? My back was turned to the road, and I wasn't doing anything I shouldn't be and the footsteps had faded away by now, their odd, sharp echoing shuffle decaying. The roads were clear, and for a while, silence looked like it would prevail again.

The footsteps soon passed, and I thought nothing of it. Judging by the deep black of the sky, I knew it was late, although why nobody had come to fetch me I didn't know. I picked myself up along with my belongings and headed inside, light spilling out from the moment I opened the door.

"Rosemary Dreamer, were on earth have you been?" wailed mum, realising her mistake when Venus began to wail herself.  She carefully moved over to the cot and tried placing Venus in there.

"Just outside..." I replied. "And I'm Rosemary Goth"

"For God's sakes, Rose, just tell someone next time!"

"Where's your brother?" she asked, ignoring my request for her to use my dreaded name. Why Rose? Why not something prettier like Lilly, or Violet? Or something that meant pretty itself – like Belle. Or, Bella?

"Which one?" I replied angrily. In my defence, this was a perfectly reasonable request. Only Riley was my real sibling, but I had four other half-brothers that she could have been reffering to. Well, actually, seeing as Riley was the only one who could walk out of us siblings, it might have been obvious who she was reffering to. Not to mention, Riley - ha, of course - would be the first one out of any of us she'd worry about.

"Rose!" she exclaimed, horrified, as though she could read my mind.

"Sorry..." I mumbled as I shuffled past, noticing Riley's unfinished homework on the ground next to the computer, the screen blaring out the words "SSX III [Paused]".

Mother went off to nurse Venus, or tuck in Jupiter, but either way I couldn't care less. And for a few, brief moments, I didn’t mind that mum didn't care about me, either. Where I'd been, or what I'd been doing, but only about Riley. I laughed to myself. Why wasn't I surprised? Hadn't this been the way things always were? Even Darren, our step-dad loved him!

I began my long hike up the stairs. Tired, I flopped down on the bed. I glanced sideward to my bedside table and saw a odd scrap of paper. I picked it up and saw a mass of scribbles. I sighed and replaced on the table, wondering how Saturn had actually mounted the stairs. Then, I thought about it – thought about it hard. Well, not really, but I like to pretend I did. I could make out these scribbles – they were words. Words scribbled down in an obvious rush, though.

"Rose!
Gone out with freinds.
Be bakk before our curfeugh.
Don't tell mum.
Riley"

Riley's signature itself was an odd scribble, but I knew it was from him. No one else would make such horrendous spelling errors. I was going to pick up my bedside pen and correct them, but I let it pass. Today had been too long a day for me to actually care.

Notes: I like the "secret garden" photos, and to be honest, I just chucked everything together in five minutes! Half the stuff doesn't even belong there, e.g indoor plants and underwater lighting! Considering that though, I think Rose was happy with her little "alone place". Smiley
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 12:27:00 pm by SimulatedDork » Logged

-Gemma-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: