Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:02:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Had a Baby Memory Fix  (Read 28647 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:26:10 pm »

As requested:
This mod adds the had a baby memory to the spouse of the pregnant sim when the other parent is not the spouse of the pregnant sim.
   This mod has only been tested with EP3 but it should work for all versions of TS2.
This mod is compatible with the Inteenimater.
   This mod was tested & approved by Ozzucay (Thank You)
   This mod is compatible with FFS & GLS.

* BabyMemoryFix.zip (1.25 KB - downloaded 3221 times.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 07:32:38 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 03:11:56 pm »

Very cool!
sodiumlight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 04:38:08 pm »

Awesome! I hate how the stepparent generally ignores the existence of their kids. This will at least take a step in the right direction. Smiley
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:16:02 pm »

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box.  Lemme see if I understand.  Are you saying:

1.  If two SIms are not married but have a baby together, the parent who does not actually give birth, does not have a memory of having the child?

OR

2. This adds the 'had baby memory' to a step parent?

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:46:39 pm »

Option 2 ilikfishfood

But I don't know if that step parent gets the advantage of a parent, meaning it can encourage the kid and will have the other memorys too (growing up, go to college, etc)

This brought me up with a question though, does the original parent not living on the lot will also have a memory of having a child?  Who will show as the parents on the family tree for that kid?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 09:50:43 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 09:53:58 pm »

I checked the family tree. The family tree shows the parents of the child properly. The child has the correct genetic parents.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:35:59 pm »

*give Squinge lots and lots of hugs and kisses* :love1:

*gives Ozzucay lots of hugs*

it feels like x-mas and Squinge is santa :party1:

:bounce:

I still haven't had a chance to play but I did get my blog updated, doing chapters 10 and 11 took me forever *blames her brother* but atleast now I can play...tomorrow...unless I get lucky and can't sleep tonight :lol:

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
ghosty12

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 02:57:20 am »

Excellent work. Cheesy

We are the Bunny, Resistance is Futile.
You will now become part of the Bunny Collective.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 04:32:56 am »

Quote from: Ozzucay
I checked the family tree. The family tree shows the parents of the child properly. The child has the correct genetic parents.

I followed up on this too, and the non-spouse parent who lives in a different household does get the 'had baby memory' even if they weren't at the birth parent's house at the time when the baby was born (and for those of us who mess around with teen whoo mods and other ways to knock up teenagers, this even works for teens too).

But thanks for the step parent mod, Squingenator......I've finally reached a stage where I'm tired of my couples and am having break-ups and remarriages all over Pleasantview. This is gonna come in handy!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 04:59:25 am »

This is terrific! It will open a new familiar ties in the game. I had been wondering about an option (I think on the inseminator) where you can add "babies" to a Sim only to count nr. of babies for wants compliance. If the baby is not there but the memory, then the memory can be unattached to real facts. Most of the families where the father is not the biological father, the children use to consider the present "pappa" as the one in charge.
Very logical. Thanks.
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 05:14:25 am »

excellante cheers Cheesy

:brain:
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 07:32:59 am »

i installed it but its not working i havea couple and the wife was pregnant with her ex husband baby and she gave birth and it didnt have the icon in her new husbands memory that the baby was born where do i install it?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 07:34:33 am »

Did you check the memories to see if he has the memory, it may not show it above his head but the memory should be there Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 07:36:10 am »

Quote from: Squinge
Did you check the memories to see if he has the memory, it may not show it above his head but the memory should be there Smiley

lol iam so cofused is he meant to have the memory inthe memories icon like where it says the mom had the baby is it meant to say it in his memory too or just above his head in my game it doesnt even regonizse the baby as part of his family.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 08:18:48 am by Squinge » Logged
Ravynlee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 08:23:27 am »

Quote from: sodiumlight
Awesome! I hate how the stepparent generally ignores the existence of their kids. This will at least take a step in the right direction. Smiley

Exactly! Goes a long way towards making a family more unified and realistic I think! Great as always!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: