Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 02:58:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Advocating Free Content  (Read 45632 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RGiles

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2005, 04:41:17 pm »

Very true. I'm sure that a lot of people don't have these programs installed and don't know the first thing about them. Some people can't even figure out how to download the files from MTS2. Smiley
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2005, 06:25:13 pm »

lmao Danny funny you mentioned that. http://67.166.74.114/help.txt   That was given earlier in chat and was frankly amusing as sin. Someone else also said how do they get objects in their game. They were advised they had to download them. They go that sucks I thought you could just use move objects on to get them in the game.  Cheesy
Teresa

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2005, 08:24:00 pm »

lmao i just read the whole script and was laughing all the way through it :lol:

I came upon a concrete ball which triangles in the wind!

Check out this wonderfull site... link below

http://www.insimenator.net/

Make a Difference and Give a child a Hug!
angelica

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2005, 08:27:48 pm »

Ok, we can all agree that some people are ignorant.  Last time I knew though, creators didn't share their work to just those people!  I'm trying to problem solve.  It's getting frustrating with this pointless agreeing on stupid people.  :/  

I guess you don't see enough creators having to shut down their site unnecessarily.  More creators are being inticed by a certain paysite for petty money and not having to deal with their overloaded bandwidth.  

They *shouldn't* have to do that.  I want to keep them and their content around and give them alternatives to what is already there.
RGiles

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2005, 03:51:11 am »

kathy, I've seen that transcript before. lmao! That's definitely a keeper.

angelica,

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. It's not possible to make content available to the lowest common denominator because that is just so low that you get people who don't know how to download anything at all.

It's true that some methods of sharing content are inaccessible to some people. Pay sites are inaccessible to many as well, because people can't afford it, aren't allowed to pay for it, or simply refuse to spend their money that way.

If people want content, they have to be willing to give something. The something may be following some simple instructions and using a new program. I'm less willing every day to help people who demand something for nothing, meaning they aren't willing to use one drop of energy to try to do something for themselves. I can't really feel bad if I'm giving something away for free and somebody can't get it because they think I should hand-deliver it to their doorstep and install it for them too.

RG
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2005, 04:28:22 am »

'nuff said

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2005, 04:30:59 am »

lmao I think we should all pitch in and buy some mice
Shardonnay

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2005, 04:53:23 am »

Quote from: kathy
lmao Danny funny you mentioned that. http://67.166.74.114/help.txt   That was given earlier in chat and was frankly amusing as sin. Someone else also said how do they get objects in their game. They were advised they had to download them. They go that sucks I thought you could just use move objects on to get them in the game.  Cheesy

That is a classic, very amusing.  Delphy, I so admire your patience.   :banghead:

Biggest Pet Peeve(s): Prejudice, intolerance and ignorance.
Smiley
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2005, 04:59:41 am »

lmao I give Delphy alot of credit...I would have snapped on that person after a couple minutes.
Shardonnay

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2005, 05:13:43 am »

Quote from: kathy
lmao I give Delphy alot of credit...I would have snapped on that person after a couple minutes.

It must be so frustrating trying to help people and they just don’t seem to want to help themselves.  They are given clear and concise instructions and still have major difficulties.  Big respect to all you Admins/Moderators.  What a job you do.   :lol:

Smiley
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2005, 05:22:26 am »

Shardonnay many times it is children and while they can be irritating it is sort of understandable. What blows my mind are the adults. Especially when they get all pissy because they can't follow a simple instruction. Granted we have all been there sometime or another but it seems to me if they are able to sign online they should be able to download a file. They may still need help with the placement of that file and thats fine. But not being able to download? Maybe I have owned a pc too long lol
Shardonnay

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2005, 05:40:49 am »

I completely agree with you Kathy.  I can understand that the kids may need a little extra help and like you say we have all been there at some point.  But the adults well that’s something else.

I lurk at quite a few sites (professional lurker and download junkie) and have noticed recently that some people just seem to not be able to follow the advice they have been given, and then become quite rude towards the person who was trying to assist them.   I guess that’s one of the reasons I generally just lurk.  :wink:

Smiley
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2005, 05:45:09 am »

See I get that alot. I will give explicit directions on what to do and they get all nasty with me. After I have spent my time finding all the information for them do I get any thanks? No. I get a slap in the face. That's why half the time I don't even bother.
RGiles

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2005, 05:52:03 am »

The people who drive me crazy are the ones who insist that their hand be held through everything. Pointing them to the information should be enough, if instructions have already been written up with pictures and everything. Then it's just too much.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2005, 05:54:39 am »

Maybe we are expecting too much by requiring them to read.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: