Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:25:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!! I am in mesh misery LOL  (Read 2224 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jason7871

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:48:35 pm »

OK yes i have searched forums and more forums i currently have three mesh tutorials too go by this is my dilema i used this tutorial located here
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142305 but between part one and part two there is no instruction of what i am opening up well bluntly "they lost me i wasn't able too open what they asked me too import and i follwed it to a T".Then i used this one located here http://www.personal-computer-tutor.com/sims2/suzysclothingtut.htm and wow it was more indepth and somewhat easy but it didnt tell me about fixing "the Morphmod face count thingy" that popped up so i couldn't export my mesh and i did go back and try too fix this thing,but too no avail,then i happened upon this mesh here http://www.sapphiresims2.com/showthread.php?t=15183 downloaded it and it was different and had some of what the other two didn't,but still i am getting the "Morphmod face count error message" and i have looked at different advanced level mesh tutorials...So my question is this,what am i doing wrong?I can remove the "dangly" thingy and so on but when i go too change the mesh all together,on all sizes,i get the error message and when i go back too fix it,i still am not able too export my mesh ,Could someone help me Please,i am a person with ADD/ADHD and Dyslexia with some other things,but i am well medicated and clear headed these days and i really want too learn and no i dont need some one too spoon feed me the mesh ,just some one too plainly state "ok this is where we put this and move that and change this here and don't worry bout this,cause it's not something important,unless your a genius,but try it this way,cause i have found doing it that way works,as compared too doing it this way".
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:52:58 pm by jason7871 » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 01:13:02 am »

OK - the tutorial by NeptuneSuzy is outdated by over a year - that is the one on personal-computing

the one on MTS2 is the better of the two

attach the mesh in a ZIP or RAR and I will see what the problem might be

EDIT

after a moment of thought - I realised what the problem might be.  depending on how you did this - you CANNOT add or remove vertices and triangles in the mesh if you use the MESHTOOL method in NeptuneSuzy's method - also if you are using the old BodyChop plug-ins this too is a problem.

The morphs are the fit/fat/pregnant states of the mesh.  if they stop having total synchronicity in vertice number and order you will get this error.

I don't know what you have done, but you need to select one tutorial and use it exclusively.  this bouncing between them will only lead to woe.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:17:56 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jason7871

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:48:03 am »

ok thanks BBB,i am using wes howes new plug in,i also scrapped two tutorials,i can remove like i said the *dangly* thingy,no problem there,but i was wanting too modify the rest of the dress, and yes i have been in *woe* cause i was somewhat confuzzled,i am sticking with the first tutorial at MTS2 since it uses the current plug in,i guess,i confused my self,when i went from part1 then too part2,well i have been in *woe*,so i kinda got discouraged and deleted the dress,thinking it was messed up and unfixable,boy was i wrong,someone said ,*jason* you didnt have too delete it there is a thing as undo,LOL,boy did i feel 2 inches tall,so i took a breather,and decided as i head back into it too not get serious with it and have fun after all that is why i have the programs cause i enjoy the sims ,so i am aproaching this for the first time,with a calmed down nature and am at ease,so for that BBB,i do thank you for assisting me in my endeavor,hopefully as the *race track* closes in my mind and *clarity* sets in,all will be ok,Again thanks. SmileySmileySmiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: