Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:29:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Animation removal  (Read 2537 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
liegenschonheit

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2006, 04:53:49 pm »

I recently downloaded a new hairmesh that I absolutely love, but I have a bit of a problem. It is animated, and for some reason in my game the front part of the mesh moves nonstop, basically looks like it's flapping around or something. I would love to keep this mesh because it is gorgeous, but I want to get rid of the animation.

So is it possible to remove animation from hairmeshes? How would I go about doing it?

I supplicate myself before the mesh making dieties of Insim and hope for a favourable response.

Later Alligators
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 01:10:17 am »

yes it is easy enough to remove the animation - but sort of tedious if the mesh has undergone the SMD export-import in SimPE (the usual quick fix)

Export as SMD - open SMD with MilkShape - it will gag a bit but load and strip it down to one bone assignment - select all - use the Unimesh bone tool to assign everything to 100% head - select the seam line accross the nape of the neck and behind the ears and asign them 50% neck 50% head - use the Unimesh exporter to generate a simpe file - replace the mesh by right-clicking the GMDC in the list window at the top right of SimPE and selecting the simpe file you just created.

Hope that explains it - it is easy - just a bugger

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
liegenschonheit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:44:04 am »

Thanks alot for the reply, I tried here and at MATY hoping someone knew. It seems a bit confusing because I'm not familiar with the bone tool, but I will try it out and see if I can make it work.

Thanks again!

Later Alligators
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: