Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 01:56:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Before you install Pets  (Read 10474 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2006, 04:12:50 pm »

Make sure you have removed all mods unless the author has confirmed the mods have been updated. You can find a started list of authors who have updated here.

Also make sure you have patched your game with the latest patch for your game. People are already reporting on the BBS that Pets deleted OFB so if you haven't updated now would be the perfect time.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:31:19 pm »

You could wait for the new version of Insim.  It must be updated to work with Pets.

In the mean time you could get a hydrobot to water your flowers, and a cleanbot to mop up the puddles. :grin:
sims2playerette

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 09:53:18 am »

I have this problem too!! if someone could help I'd be really grateful Sad

Siggys are just a myth...
jason7871

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:30:46 am »

i have been having computer problems after installing Pets,thing is i read something about the Sims2.com coming out with a patch too fix "Bodyshop" issues,is there a Legacy Bodyshop and where is the thread located? Should i just uninstall Pets? It doesn't mess with my gameplay and OFB is still on here doing fine,i am one of the few lucky ones out there,that have not been bugged.
sithtoy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 05:09:43 am »

iv'e taken pets out god knows how many times, and reinstalled it. i even uninstalled and reinstalled  my sims 2 and all the eps i own. gaah. i tried putting pets in my 2nd hard drive, and it still crashes. my drivers are the lastest as i only a month ago replaced my video card with a 256mb radeon. its driving me barmy, can someone please suggest something? i took pets out tonite, tried the hints ea games suggested, and am unsure as to whether i should replace pets. i reinstalled gls, and found that my ea games folder in  my documents folder is now missing. aughhh!!!  i've taken out all my custom careers, most of my mods, and even deleted most of my custom content. what i put back, has now gone missing too. :crybaby: i am one P.O.B Sad
please can someone help me.
sithtoy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 12:53:49 am »

auggh it still crashes! i got me ea games folder back, but the game still crashes straight after the splash screen with all that writing on it. its gone from being ultra slow to not loading at all. i dont want to have to remove it  cause if i do gls steals my ea games folder Sad i'm annoyed that i have to redownload ALL my fave downloads again. *sighs* could some one please please advise me what to do?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 01:50:53 am »

sithtoy,

Try deleting My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Groups.cache.  Just the one file, not the who directory Smiley

Groups.cache is an index file that gets corrupted and can stop the game from loading.  Delete it and the game will recreate it, and everything goes on as normal.
AnaSB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:47:47 pm »

Aughh! I have the same problem wich the red walls. I desinstale the game but the problem continues. I am going to try what ancienthighway says.
Thanks.
:consuelo:
AnaSB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 10:35:38 am »

Hi, I have done what Ancienthighway said but I continue with the same problem. Please, some another idea?
snif!! :crybaby:
sims2playerette

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 01:31:55 pm »

I've done some research, and it does seem the only solution is to buy a new video card Sad find the game system specs on the official sims2 website, and it also has a full list of supported video cards. If your card is not there, get one of the ones from the list, that's what I'm doing Sad

Siggys are just a myth...
Baskar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 05:39:19 pm »

Yeah..unfortunately Vid Cards are expensive.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Baskar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 04:46:27 am »

My mother has offered up her system to use. Just one question - is an nVidia GeForce 6150E card good to use?

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Sita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 06:01:34 am »

I installed Pets without installing the OFB patch first - should I have put that in first or not? I assumed, probably stupidly, that the new EP would contain the old fixes?

and http://simechoes.org for Sims 1 and 2
buka2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 10:42:46 pm »

I installed pet without a problem or so I thought untill i went to bodyshop and found out that almost ALL of the custom tops that use a mesh are distorted in the chest area Sad Sad
shaunomenon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 08:43:59 pm »

So I'm guessing I should remove custom mesh's and clothing before I install pets? A tip, make a folder called hacks and place all your hacks in it. Install your new EP and then move your hacks back into your downloads folder.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: