Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:34:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How many Angelina Jolie Sims do we need?  (Read 11253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CB2001

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2006, 04:17:49 am »

First off, I'd like to apologize in advance to anyone who might be offended by this rambling of mine.  It is not my intention to do so.  This is just my point of view and do not mean to offend anyone with my comments.

Out of all the Sims 2 sites I've been too, there is always one character Sim they have in common: Angelina Jolie.  Out of three sites I've been to recently, I have seen at least 20 Angelina Jolie Sims (this is not including the Exchange and I lost count after seven on The Sims Resource).  I have seen some that are very excellent in detail and are often dead-on to be classified as the "end-all-be-all" Sim representation of Ms. Jolie (ReginaS' Angelina Jolie sim is definately the closest and more accurate to the real person) and I have seem quite a few that barely even look like her (mainly because people miscalculate the size of her lips!).

Now, I'm not complaining or anything, but how many Angelina Jolie Sims do we need?  I honestly don't see why a Simmer would want to do an Angelina Jolie sim where there are already many of them (including the "Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft: Tomb Raider").  Seeing that there are already every version one could possibly do, I don't see why there has to be any more (the only version I can think of that has yet to be done is Angelina Jolie as Kate "Zero Burn" Libby from "Hackers", but anyone can do that by just changing her hairstyle and clothes, easily).  There are plenty of other actors out in pop culture that have yet to be Simmed or do have Sims but not as accurate to be dead-on in appearance.  I can post a whole list of actors who have no Sims or a couple of Sims that barely look like them (or at least from where I've been), and those numbers would be drawn out by the amount of Angelina Jolie Sims available.

I'm not saying that sites need to start banning any new Angelina Jolie sims, I'm just saying that I cannot see the point of a user doing and uploading their version of Angelina Jolie for download when there are so many to choose from already.  Maybe its my odd point of view (honestly, I've only done three Sim representations of actors, and I don't know if anyone else had done James Dean, Sharon Stone as Catherine Tramell from "Basic Instinct" and Elina Löwensohn and uploaded them before I had decided to do them), but I always had the oddest point of view.

Again, I apologize if I've offended anyone by these comments. It was not my intention to do so.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 04:58:15 am »

All this so SO true...there's an endless supply of Angelina's out there...  It was the same with Sims 1 - i remember there were about 10-billion Britney Spears sims.  they were EVERYWHERE!  Angelina is the new Britney. Smiley
xxJessicaxx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 06:25:04 am »

On thesimsresource.com, there are 26 Angelina sims. On MTS2, there are 12. Yes, to me that seems to be a bit too many Angelina's running around.
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 07:49:23 am »

I could build a whole neighborhood with 26 Jessica Alba's and my self sim. What would be wrong with that? OK...I'd have to throw in alot of insim self sims too....but I wouldn't want to name names....

Yes...its the same Mule as before
Lytough

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 07:52:29 am »

Cant get enough lips, I guess...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Ozzucay ~ Rest In Peace ~ You will always be in our thoughts
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 01:54:26 pm »

The really real world needs dozens of Angelina Jolie's.. its not fair that the clones are only for the sims Sad.

Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 02:27:29 pm »

Frankly if it bothers people.... ignore it!
Just cause someone else made something doesnt mean someone else cannot try if how I look at it. Smiley

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 05:45:31 pm »

There can never be too many Angelina's or Jessica's or DLMs in a neighborhood!
LobsterOnMyDesk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 09:50:29 am »

I don't see the big deal.

I actually made my own Angelina but not because I like her. I wanted to have a family to raise a couple townie sims so I could grow them up for some of my other sims that know them. I figured since Angelina is so big on adopting I'd make a Brad and Angelina and let them raise a couple townies and have a few of their own and maybe torture them a little, too. I just made vague representations of them but I think my Angelina does resemble the real deal, Brad not so much. Unfortunately, even though my Brad and Angelina aren't unattractive, their children are some of the ugliest sims I've ever seen. They will all have to make use of the plastic surgery machine when they grow up.

Anyway, to each his own.
marit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 12:36:48 am »

I wonder if Angelina Jolie is easier to Sim or something? I never tried to sim her, but I know from trying to make look-alikes of various other celebs for my game that some people aren't too hard and other's are totally un-simmable. Lol.

MTS2 really does have some originals though...they have a great Bob Marley sim over there. Smiley

Mari
"Anyone without a sense of humor is at the mercy of the rest of us."
bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 03:17:40 am »

Well, personally, I cannot stand Angelina... so they're all too many for me to take. :tongue5:

Now there's an unpopular opinion for ya.

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 03:31:52 am »

Well, why can't people use their imaginations when creating sims in the first place, instead of just creating celebrity clones? I know this opinion of mine may sound a bit inflammatory, but that's how I see it.

Sorry, but I just don't subscribe to this celebrity-worship drivel.

:blob6:
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 03:55:24 am »

Eh, on the other hand...you can never have too many celebrities to kill in-game.

While the real Angelina may populate my fantasies from time to time, there's nothing to stop me from torturing/maiming/mass-murdering her many clones in the game. :evil:

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
shellyk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 08:07:07 am »

There's nothing wrong with a rant.  Some celebraties get simmed again, and again, and again.  Like you said some are good, some not so good.  Everybody has the right to post what they like but I agree it's get to you.  Some things just drive you crazy.  

Rant all you like I say! :clapp:

ShellyKScotland----------------------
"Girl's kick ass, says so on the T-Shirt":rabbit:
marit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 12:13:11 pm »

Quote from: CynaraBlade
Well, why can't people use their imaginations when creating sims in the first place, instead of just creating celebrity clones? I know this opinion of mine may sound a bit inflammatory, but that's how I see it.

Sorry, but I just don't subscribe to this celebrity-worship drivel.

It's not worship when I'm trying to sim a celeb. More or less it's a challenge to myself. I don't know. Everybody likes a different thing. Personally, while I love a well made celeb sim, I don't go in for anime sims or any of those unusual color skin or eyes...like pink, red, blue, etc. That's just me. Some people love that sort of thing and that's great. Something for everyone. Smiley

Mari
"Anyone without a sense of humor is at the mercy of the rest of us."
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: