Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:17:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How many Angelina Jolie Sims do we need?  (Read 11688 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 05:00:52 pm »

I figured I should clarify that I am not talking about celebrity Sim making in general (everyone's allowed to make one should they feel like it), I am just talking about the overabuddence of Angelina Jolie Sims.  Doing a celebrity Sim is a challenge (next to doing a Sim of yourself, of course) and should not be knocked on.

I can think of quite of few celebrities that have yet to get a Sim.  I mean, Steve McQueen (I attempted him, might try to do it again unless someone else wants to go for it), Oliva d'Abo, Stephen King (I've come across Sim representations of several characters by him, but I have yet to see a Stephen King sim) and some of the Presidents of the Unite States (I know that there is a George W. Bush Sim, but I don't know about anyone else like JFK or Honest Abe) are just a few in a long list of celebrities that go on being ignored.  I say try something else and not make and make available Angelina Jolie Sim #234532774932743 that you made.     That's all I'm saying, other celebrity Sims other than Angelina.

Again I apologize if I've offended anyone.  It was not my intention on doing so.
marit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 01:07:03 pm »

That's true CB2001, and I know what you mean too. I know when I'm browsing sims, I find that I'm going through pages of Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and others that bore me just to find the gems. Wink Well we gotta face it...those celebs are very popular right now. Lol.

I just finished an India Arie sim. Not for upload, just for me. Smiley So I don't go in for the typical either.

Mari
"Anyone without a sense of humor is at the mercy of the rest of us."
Unquietmind

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 03:03:42 am »

Two Words:

Paris Hilton.

I have honestly seen more of that thing than Angelina. Paris doesn't even have the excuse of being mildly attractive.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 09:18:42 am »

But she's fun to torture.
Tulia12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 05:24:20 pm »

I love angelina.. at least the person whos being cloned a million times isnt someone who everyone cant stand.. and no shes definately not easy to sim.. i think its that the sims we see the most now are people who are most popular at the moment.. doesnt that make sense?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:26:28 pm by Tulia12 » Logged

SkeleBear

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 12:18:29 pm »

Playing the Devil's Advocate here, but the simple solution, in my opinion, would be to skip past the Sim creations that you don't want or are tired of seeing.

I couldn't care less if there was 500 Angelina Jolie sims on any one site. Just because "someone else already made one" is not an excuse to stifle the creativity of another person.

I don't make "celebrity sims," but if I had to guess, I would venture to say that because Angelina has a very unique, exotic look to her, creating an accurate sim of her is a challenging prospect, and any success in doing so is something to proud of. If I made a sim of Angelina and it actually looked like her, I'd be flaunting and sharing that work myself.

PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 02:27:40 pm »

It's bad enough they're in the media all the time, but to have them running amuck in the Sim Community.....geesh!! I think it's great that you can even make Angelina with her looks, but enough is enough.

I'm surprised there's not an Anna Nicole Sim overload going on. There's one great Anna sim and that's enough.

Click here to join The Animal Army! It's good for what ails ya!!

X-Men Fan? Join today!
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 02:57:31 pm »

Quote from: PiperK1980;617530

I'm surprised there's not an Anna Nicole Sim overload going on. There's one great Anna sim and that's enough.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't jinks it!

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Twistedness
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 10:56:01 pm »

i can answer this for you

it is becuase Angelina is the epitome of the perfect woman.
it is becase her face is unique and extraordinary.
her nose is long and very narrow,
 her lips are big and sexy

it is becasue she is the #1 magazine cover seller
so even though, some simmers have tried to dupicate her features onto a sim,
it can never be perfected ENOUGH

which is why there are so many angelina jolies around.
lol
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 02:24:57 am »

Er, yeah...was it necessary to commit thread necromancy just to say that, though? LOL

:blob6:
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 07:44:12 am »

Yes, I'm a bit tired of Angelina, myself. I don't think she's that great an actress (forgive me for my heresy), and I don't even think she's that attractive.
I've been trying (without complete success) to clone my own version of Diana, Princess of Wales-yeah, I know she's dead...but she was far prettier and more personable than some of the "celebrities" they're doing on the various boards and sites.
The problem is that I can't find a decent near enough hair mesh to use on her-I have everything almost right, but not close enough. Nobody cares to make her-and I would suggest it, but I'm sure that she's not "interesting" enough to do a Sim of-but she would be my #1 download.

Of course I could be proven wrong by some adventurous mesher-but I haven't seen one, yet.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 08:44:08 am »

Can I just add I want a Mel Gibson Sim(think Braveheart), a Sean Connery Sim, Richard Gere Sim, Jack Nicholson Sim...I think that about does it for my sick twisted Sim fantasies. lol Yes, I think Jack is very sexy so :smt119 Ummm more male celebrities dag gone it. Wink
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 08:46:18 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 04:25:31 pm »

I only download people I really dislike. I have a good time torturing Gerard Way and Brittany Spears. (No offense to people who like these two).

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 05:06:11 pm »

I second the Sean Connery, and Richard Gere sims...I think they're sexier than hell, and more "interesting" than all the young teeny bop types they've made sims of. Yummy!

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 05:51:48 pm »

Quote from: MaryH;1034900
I second the Sean Connery, and Richard Gere sims...I think they're sexier than hell, and more "interesting" than all the young teeny bop types they've made sims of. Yummy!

Oh yes they are definately the sexiest two of the one's I mentioned. Richard was a bit of a loose cannon when he was younger, but who isn't? Those two the older they get the sexier they get to me, or maybe I'm just getting older too. lol With Jack I just love his facial expression's and personality. He makes me laugh even when he's trying to be serious or scary. He's not much to look at, but there is so much more to sex appeal than looks.

PS Ditto the Yummy!

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: