Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 07:18:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Picking up the Pace-The Hamnar Legacy, 1st Gen-Hannah  (Read 4327 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
eenypup

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2006, 10:05:27 pm »

This is my first Sim Story, so be leniant! I will be continuing with this story throughout the thread. I hope it's considered pretty good! Constructive critism is welcome, but don't be too harsh Tongue
BTW: I know that most of the first pictures are horrible quality and the walls are down. I hadn't figured out until recently how to take good pictures, sorry about that!

I'm Hannah Hamnar, and my story begins with my mom and dad in highschool... Well, okay, let's not go that far back! Let's start off when I was in my early twenties, just moved out of my house with Mom and Dad. I could've had it all. I was young, beautiful, intelligent. I had everything going for me, everything! But when you move too slowly in life, it can come crashing down on you in a big rush. And I'm not sure I'd have my life any other way!

Moving into Pleasantview was a huge thing for me. Growing up in the city, suburban life was brand spanking new to me. I chose a small, quaint home on the outskirts of town. With a just a tad bit of tweaking, I deemed the place livable. I wasn't rich or anything, I'm still not. Never have been, either. Living a quiet life is nice, as I now know.

I met this really nice man,his name was Joey, Sheebadee? Sheedeeba? Sheedeedabee? Yeah, that's it! Joey Sheedeedabee! He tells me he lives around the corner with his wife and his daughter Katherine. Darnit all! I really liked him, too! I think there's a bit of chemistry going on between us, you know? We really hit it off! But I know now to lay off the flirting, I would never turn a man away from his own daughter. Anyways, I've met a nice man, I really hope we'll become good friends, or else I'm bound to get real lonely around here!

I'm starting to figure out there isn't much to do around here. I've been living life real low lately, probably has something to do with the cash flow, or lack of it. Cash goes out, but I'm not seeing it coming in! And my electricity bill won't be payed soon, and then I cant even play video games or watch TV! I guess I'm going to resort to getting a job, but choosing it will be extremely tough!

Alright, so I've got quite a few interests and hobbies. I love travel, cooking, culture, and the arts. I've become quite the chef, because I've resorted to cooking in my bountiful spare time. The newspaper has a few openings, but I'm not interested in the slacker career. They advertise criminal careers here, too? Sheesh! Soon they'll be putting up advertisements for murderers in these stupid papers! Oh, lookie here! I could go into the culinary career track as a dish washer. Wow, sounds spectacular. Oh well, I guess I'll have to take it. Anything to buy me a new outfit or something!

Alright, my first day of work was a complete bore. The day dragged on, and I was so tired and my stomach ached as I watched plate after plate of half-eaten burgers that were completely wasted! I don't know if I can stand going there even for another day! The pay is minimum wage, I do believe.

I've been promoted again! I'm not a dishwater, nor a drive-thru clerk. I'm the new and improved Hannah Hamnar the fast-food restaraunt managar! Wow, I'm such a tycoon, huh? Well, the pay will be better, if not by much. It should be worth those long, dreadful hours.

I've taken to none other than painting in my free-time, now. I can't stand looking at another morsel of food when I get home from my job at ten o' clock at night!  Painting is calm and peacful,and really sparks my creativity. Raking in a few extra simoleons selling some of my better pieces isn't half-bad either! Looking for a good creativity sparker is the most difficult part. I think I've painted absolutely everything in my tiny house as of now.

I was sifting through the thousands of worthless ads they cram into the Sunday paper when something unique caught my lazy eyes. I scanned the page, and sure enough, was the word "free". Now, my heart leapt at even the thought of that glorious word, because in my money dillemna, a free anything, was a good anything. Boy was I shocked when I read the ad for what it was. "Free to a good home. Good-tempered. Purebred. Red Merle Australian Shepherd. Female." I dashed across the house (which wasn't very far at all, I'll remind you) and snatched the phone off the reciever, quickly dialing the number listed under the advertisement. After a few minutes of chatting about this said dog, I hung up, bouncing up and down with joy.

When I met Jewel, which I decided to name her, for the first time, she was even more beautiful than I had imagined. She greeted me warmly with the traditional dog-sniffing, as I stroked her gently on the head. I knew we'd make the perfect "couple".

Soon enough, I had gone to the dogs. I had earned a bit more money before she came, and was a little happier with my situation as it was. So happy, in fact, I bought Jewel a wicker basket, plastic food dish, and chew toy. They stay in the kitchen, of course. I can't have these things making a mess and lying around the house all day, can I?

Jewel and I had so many great times together! She went everywhere with me, I took her to stores, outside to get the mail, in the family room to watch TV! We were really starting to bond very closely, me and that silly old dog. She was probably the single soul who turned my life around for the better. I realized I had lived so much of my life sitting around, and how badly I needed to pick up the pace.

Taking immediate action, I went to the animal shelter one day and arrived with a Blue Australian Shepherd at my heels. I named him Benji, and hoped he and Jewel would get along. Puppies were the ultimate goal, but if Jewel didn't like him, my plan would topple over like a huge tower of blocks that were just gently tickled with a feather.

Thankfully, the gorgeous stud of an Aussie got along spectacularly with Jewel. Benji was more of the playful type, and Jewel got the excerise she had been lacking because I was at work most of the day. Although the work and messes were doubled, I had no regrets on adopting a second pooch.

No one likes less pay, even if it comes with some extra free time. The spare changes jingling around in your pocket is just so much more reassuring! So I'm sure you all know how horrific I felt when I got the sad news that I'd been... demoted. Yes, I was once again none other than a pathetic drive-thru clerk. The job had seemed horrible before, but now it was like a living nightmare! I couldn't take this any longer...

My first attempt at evading the dreaded drive-thru window was to open up my own resteraunt. It was a miniscule lot I had purchased, not even the size of my own home. I decided to blow all of my money on this one chance. But, this is what my spare change allowed me to purchase. Obviously, this wouldn't work out as well as I had originally planned.

I returned home, dismayed. But now I had new determination to set my life on the right track. I had been wanting to quit my job for a little while now. So I decided that a few extremely important, and many of them life changing, phone calls, where in order.

After having chatted with boss, I had new energy. I was unemployed, but I had an idea of how I could make a living at home. I sent my Australian Shepherds out to the doghouse to "do their thing". They happily obliged, having gotten to know eachother much better since I purchased Benji. Why would I suddenly want to work from home? Only because of the biggest news ever in my entire life! I was going to adopt!

No, I wasn't going to adopt another pet! If I was going to breed my dogs, I don't think I'd have been crazy enough (or have had enough energy, for that matter) to have more animals roaming around the house and tearing it apart from grout to grout. I was tired of waiting around for the perfect single man in Pleasantview, if he even existed within a thousand miles of my humble home. Let's just say, age-wise I was already "over the hump" so getting pregnant in the less traditional manner wasn't a possibility I was going to consider. I was psyched, but I wasn't completely ready for the stress I was about to endure!

When baby Sharon arrived, it all seemed so fairy-tale perfect. Her bubbly laughs as I gently lifted her from the soft grass, her chubby pink cheeks, her rosy lips. She smiled such a genuine smile when I looked into her spectacular dark brown eyes for the first time. "Mommy," I cooed, "I'm your Mommy!" I was so excited, and my breath was just taken away! I couldn't believe it, so I walked inside and had to sit down with Sharon for a minute. It was too much, it was so perfect.

Caring for Sharon, myself, and two dogs, one pregnant, was a gigantic responsibility. I began to teach Sharon how to walk while she was comfortable in her favorite big bear pajamas. Watching her being taught how to walk by myself, her new mommy, was awing. I couldn't get over her, I loved her so much!

The dogs took to Sharon extremely well! Or at least they put up with her adorable bouts of hugging a squeezing while I took a quick five minute snooze. I was so tired, hungry, and all four of us were starting to smell. I couldn't get everyone clean so quickly! And I had to cook my own meals, make sure Sharon always had a clean bottle, and keep filling up a dog bowl for two dogs. It was so difficult! I felt like I was dying, but I was reassured by the fact that I'd heard from so many others that motherhood is always like this for awhile!

I was getting afraid that Jewel's puppies inside of her might be to fragile to withstand a bouncy toddlers energy. Sharon squeezed and hugged and clung onto Jewel like there was no tomorrow, and I was pretty sure pregnant dogs are better off without that sort of treatment. So poor old Benji got double the hugging, although he seemed to begin to like it, because he'd whine at Sharon until she gave him a huge hug! It was adorable!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:06:18 pm by eenypup » Logged
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:15:19 pm »

cute story loved the pics keep it going

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
eenypup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 11:38:24 am »

Thanks so much! Cheesy Glad you like it! ^^ I'll add more today or tomorrow Smiley
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 12:44:18 pm »

aww this makes me rele want to get pets

keep it up!!!!

LAX is whats up.
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 08:05:17 am »

very sweet with the pets i'm so tempted to get this hmmm may have to wait til xmas.

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:28:58 am »

haha starlucid me too lol

LAX is whats up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: