Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:49:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims2_bodypainter.r  (Read 8265 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
albmont

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:25:39 pm »

I wrote a tool that can be used to generate "body paints", or those clothes that don't use any special mesh, but are just an alpha and a texture, glued over the body.

I posted the tool in the adult site, because it's trivial to use it to create adult clothes. But maybe I could post it here - unless there's some objection.

Today (2006-10-22) the tool can generate two types of bottom (a bikini-like and a gym-shorts-like), three types of top (a sleeveless shirt, a soutien-like top and a "tomara-que-caia"-like top (this is the Portuguese name, meaning "I-hope-it-falls"; it's a cylindrical top like a belt), and paint stars all over the body.

I placed it in the adult site because there's no restriction in the tool to suppress parts of the clothing, to make it transparent, to make it "miss" some critical places of the underlying body - but anyone with experience with BodyShop can do it too.

The tool runs in the R-language, a programming language and environment fitted to statistical analysis and graphics. But it's free (meaning free beer and free speech) and available for most OSes, and it's quite simple to use:

R Development Core Team (2006). R: A language and environment for
  statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing,
  Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org.

Let me hear if I can post it here without the risk of being banned :-)

[2006-10-24] - Ok, the source code (written in R) is here:

* R_sims2_bodypainter.zip (7.22 KB - downloaded 546 times.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:54:48 pm by albmont » Logged
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:10:23 pm »

Oh, wow. I've been dying to do something like this. Does it layer under clothes, or over them? (And if it layers under them, could I make you a freckle set to pack with it?)

By the way, which site did you post to? I checked the one that split from modthesims2, and I couldn't find it.

albmont

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:59:31 pm »

It is a bodypaint, meaning that it covers exactly the body, like a tattoo. I think most underwear and swimwear clothes work like this.

I posted it in the adult mirror of Insimenator, with some (not so adult) examples. Maybe I can post one example here...

This is an almost standard bikini (the model is teen), generated with the commands:

colorscheme <- list(col="green", border.col="darkgreen")
  bodypainter(panties = colorscheme, soutien.top = colorscheme)

This is just one of the zillion equivalent ways to generate it. Another way is, for example:

x <- NULL
  x$col <- "green"
  x$border.col <- "darkgreen"
  bodypainter(panties = x, soutien.top = x)

The first key point is the call to bodypainter, passing as parameters the things you want to paint, with details of how these things are constructed.

The second key point is copying the alpha0.png and texture0.png to the alpha and texture bmp maps inside Bodyshop. See the texture0.png file below. The alpha0.png is just the same image, but totally white.

* snapshot_901fc99b_d23c4728.jpg (12.23 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1269 times.)

* snapshot_901fc99b_523c4763.jpg (10.78 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1237 times.)

* texture0.png (3.25 KB, 1024x1024 - viewed 1254 times.)
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 10:44:49 pm »

I would think it is fine to post it.
bigbette

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 12:28:09 am »

Cool, thanks so much for sharing.
albmont

View Profile