Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:00:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Nervous Subject  (Read 21842 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
joe_mulcahy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 10:28:19 am »

Delightful thread!  Nervous Subject is an intriguing character, and though I could only tolerate him with great difficulty in the beginning, he endeared himself to me over the eighteen months that I've been playing the current Pleasantview/Strangetown merged neighbourhood.

In my merged neighbourhood, Nervous Subject appeared on the Curious lot as he usually does when Pascal Curious goes into labour.  Although I was tempted to send him away, for who comes calling at 6:00am in the morning, I let him stay, as Pascal's social bar was low after having the baby.  Because Lazlo rolled the want to max out his cooking skill, I had him prepare food, and Pascal(hungry from the labour and delivery) and Nervous (hungry because he is hyperactive) tucked in straightaway, talking constantly.  It was odd that Nervous, who tends to not have many interests and loses points whilst talking to others did not do so here, and only gained relationship points with Pascal.  After they had dined, I had Pascal interact with Nervous (platonic, as they were initially friends), for he rolled the wants to do so.  

Because Vidcund had been abducted during the night, I diverted my attention to him when he returned, and concentrated on fulfilling his wants and needs.  Lazlo, who wanted to skill, was set to watching the Yummy Channel. I then heard the chimes that play when a character falls in love, and upon investigation, I saw that Nervous was clinging to Pascal as though for dear life, and earning aspiration points in doing so, for falling in love must have been in his wants.

I was rather surprised that Maxis had seemingly programmed Nervous and Pascal to autonomously fall in love with one another, but far be it from me to interfere with any of the SIMS wants.  

I moved Nervous into the Curious home, and he and Pascal were engaged in short order, and that put Nervous in a platinum mood; and he has remained in gold or platinum ever since, as he kept rolling want after want to interact either with Pascal or with Pascal's alien daughter Hypatia.  To my surprise, he even cared for Vidcund's daughter Callisto tenderly as well; very odd since he customarily goes around Pleasantview or Strangetown kicking bins, stealing papers, and arguing with anyone he meets.  

Nervous eventually banked enough aspiration points to not only remain in the adult lifestage after eighteen months of being played, but also to build a relationship with his mother Olive Spectre and give her two gifts of Elixir of Life when she asked him to move in.  Olive Spectre begins the game with only one day left in her life, but Nervous gave her thirty additional days, and by the end of those thirty days Olive was able to bank enough points to get her own elixir of life, and she too is alive today and doting on Hypatia, and her other grandchildren.

Yes, you’ve heard correctly when I said that Olive Spectre has “grandchildren.”  I use very few hacks as a rule, but with a gay couple in the neighbourhood, I installed the “Pregnancy For All Genders” hack from TwoJeffs, and Pascal was soon pregnant again with Nervous’s child, who they named Kitty Epimetheus.  Nervous Subject got pregnant with Pascal’s child next, and they named the boy Ganymede. Olive, Nervous, Pascal, Kitty Epimetheus and Ganymede all live together at Olive’s house (Hypatia is currently at the University), but they frequently move back to the old Curious house as well, as that keeps the relationship with Vidcund, Lazlo and Callisto strong.

In a very recent development, Nervous Subject was spraying the plants and he is now a plant person.  He is happier than ever now, and Pascal and Hypatia often roll the want to be  plant people as well.

I would post pictures of these events if anyone is interested?  I’ll have to go back and read the rules of this particular forum, but I’ll show the pictures if anyone is interested.

To General Buzz Grunt, war is a way of life, but now the very lives of all who dwell in Strangetown are in danger. Will his sons crumble beneath his heavy hands? Watch the events play out in Strangetown Conspiracy A film series by Joe Mulcahy and Avatar Arkmage
animaluver4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 08:07:33 am »

Well, in mine, Nervous moved back in with his Mother [Olive Spector] and died of fright. Eeegh.

Mom: You know, curiousity killed the cat.
Me: Ew. And the appetite.
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 11:12:51 pm »

In my game Olive died but was brought back to life with a potion and I aged her to a teen... She still lives in the old house that has a few less ghosts because I decided to bring a few of them back to life as well... Ripp Grunt had married Ophelia and had two children with her in that house but the ghosts were so bad at the time that I moved a nanny in and moved them out... I aged the nanny to an adult and she ended up marrying one of the ghosts that I brought back to life and they adopted Olive but I might move her in with Nervous and his family...

Nervous's son David grew up into an afult but the gardener that he was planning to marry ended up falling for Lyla Grunt and moved in with her... So for two days before David's birthday, Nervous called up and befriended two other gardeners and invited them over so David could get to know them... David didn't like the first one too much but really liked the second one... Nervous then asked the second one to move in right before David's birthday and I had planned to throw an elaborate wedding for the two of them, but there was a little ummmmmm woohoo thing that happened and I had to rush things a bit... On the night of David's birthday, things got a little wild and he had to get engaged to her right away... The next night, David's bride to be started to show and so they were married in a rushed private ceremony right before sunrise on the third day... David and his new wife Debbie then moved out and got a nice house right next door... The night they moved into their new house. Debbie gave birth to twins... One boy and one girl... Unlike his father, David wants to be a cop and will join the police force once the twins, who are now toddlers, become children...  I'll post some pictures a little bit later,
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 03:40:30 pm »

Nervous's two sons David and Allen...

Nervous's mother Olive. Now a teen...

David's wedding... Married a gardener named Debbie...

Nervous and the rest of the family watch the wedding...

Nervous and David after David's wedding...

David and Debbie have twins...

David with Daughter Farrah...

Debbie with son Next...

Farrah and Next as children...

David Subject becomes a cop...
kattan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 09:43:55 am »

I just started playing in my Strangetown neighbourhood again after a bit of, ah, housekeeping (I removed two of the CAS families I had as they were failed attempts at a legacy and were cluttering up the 'hood) with a new CAS named Venus de Milo. (I was in a weird mood, okay?) As per usual the Strangetown welcome wagon included Nervous (also arriving to welcome her to the neighbourhood were Pascal Curious and Jenny Smith; Vidcund Curious came over to shove her since she was spying through the telescope for fun and logic points before the group arrived) and first action was a prank.

Yeah. Way to build people skills. But Venus apparently thought this was GREAT because the relationship progressed to positive. Long story short, they worked to best friends AND crush on the same visit O.o NO clue.

So, rather than change him on the lot, I saved after he left and moved from the de Milo lot to the Beaker lot. And went a bit nuts with makeovers (it was hilarious to me - Nervous did that 'guy I'm so cool' nod to his; Loki and Circe BOTH did that 'woohoo I'm so freakin' hawt now rawr!' thing. Pics will appear at some point when I'm not at work) AND decided Nervous needed a job in... hell, law enforcement. He's doing pretty good at it, too, tons of promotions already.

Then I saved there and headed back to the de Milo lot, where Venus invited Nervous over for a visit. That turned into a date. That lead to them falling in love and BOTH rolling the Get Engaged want. Currently in my game Venus and Nervous have an infant daughter named Athena who I'm hoping will turn out well; I know people make fun of Nervous' appearance but I think he looks damn hot, and Venus isn't a sparkling beauty herself as she's a retroformatted self-Sim (replaced her hair colour, removed glasses and gave her extra freckles; I think she's a cutie but most people would probably dis her nose... the only thing I DIDN'T change from my self-Sim) but we'll see. Meanwhile at the Beakers, Loki and Circe rolled the want to Have a Baby so I let them get on with that, and they currently have an infant son named Seth.

/babblemode

EDIT BECAUSE I'M STUPID: By the by, they didn't really have much chemistry when they were initially on the lot, but after I played the Beaker lot a bit and went back... two bolts. Probably helped by the fact that they dig each other's hair and Venus is a knowledge sim; all my family/knowledge couples spark like mad.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:34:52 pm by Jenna » Logged

Join me at KatsukoSims for my various family stories.
SimPathology: home of the PSV* sims and Weirdsville.
*Pleasantview-Strangetown-Veronaville
Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 09:53:54 am »

I love reading and seeing how people play their strangetown hood. Its my favourite to play, and thus far the only family Ive REALLY played are the curious brothers. But after reading Joe Mulcahys post I feel like starting fresh and giving pascal and nervous the future that seems set out for them within the game.
kattan. I look forward to seeing your pics:)

chocolatedalek

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 10:52:51 am »

What I did, was Married Nervous Subject to Lola Singles, and they have 3 kids (and a bump). I don't have a good pic of the twins though.

Samutek:male: :

The Twins, Susan :female: and Franz :male: :

What do you think?

The best things in life are, Always unseen. That's why we all close our eyes when we wish, kiss and dream... :angel5:

My Simmies
kattan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 06:46:24 pm »

Ha! I'm home and can post what pics I have now (I fail at pics unless I'm doing a story of some sort... but I'm starting to fall in love with the Beaker and Subject families so they'll probably be getting equal attention when I'm playing Strangetown!)

Okay, first is Nervous with my CAS sim, Venus. Both are pre-makeovers (I still don't have a shot of V post-makeover... maybe tonight after dinner and some playtime....)

Again, I think Nervous is rather good-looking for a Maxis sim. Please note the tons o freckles Venus is sporting. Yeah. Those are a bitch to live with for those who aren't afflicted with "sunny spots" as my dermatologist called them once. Bitch.

And the entire Beaker family before Nervous moved out, post-makeovers. I personally think Circe has gorgeous eyes and made an effort to get her glasses that wouldn't hide them (she looked odd without them, though, so I kept her in a pair):

And one more of Nervous, a bit closer. Yep, Mister Law Enforcement <3

...okay, I lied. Last pic is the happy couple after their wedding but before Athena was born. It was cute, damn it.

DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 02:46:40 am »

Cool pictures...

I didn't give Nervous a makeover and let him keep his mohawk in my game...  

I never really noticed an attraction between Nervous or any of the Curious brothers and since he's been married to Lazio's daughter, he hasn't really visited them too much... He did help to raise Pascal's son and Vidcund's twins, but all he really wanted to do was play chess whenever he came over...  Vidcund grew old, married a maid named Gwen and moved out with her and his two alien children...

The only ones that drop in on Vidcund now are Lazio and Nervous's grandson Next which kind of surprised me and Vidcund only visits the sims who spy on him and his two oldest children...
Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 11:33:30 am »

I don't have any pictures as that was around a 100 re-installs ago. But I remember creating a sim called Rosie Moon so I could give Nearvous a wife. However when he welcomed her things didn't go that well so I saved the game and went to the Beaker's house so I could make Nearvous make all the moves.

It did work eventually as they ended up happily married with two children Fox who was a toddler and a baby girl called Lilly.

Oh and on a side note I remember playing the Curious house for a while and as per usual Nervous was over and I was playing Pascal and I clicked on Nearvous to make them chat or something when I saw flirt and kiss as part of the options and I was confused because I didn't know that you could have gay couples. I remember trying to cheeck if one of them was actually a girl.:laugh:

When the world doesn't adapt to you. you adapt to it.
Gill Grissom- Little Murder
chocolatedalek

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 01:21:12 pm »

Quote from: Pandora Moon;919398

Oh and on a side note I remember playing the Curious house for a while and as per usual Nervous was over and I was playing Pascal and I clicked on Nearvous to make them chat or something when I saw flirt and kiss as part of the options and I was confused because I didn't know that you could have gay couples. I remember trying to cheeck if one of them was actually a girl.:laugh:

Tee-Hee.:smile bi: That's funny. My sister tried too...

The best things in life are, Always unseen. That's why we all close our eyes when we wish, kiss and dream... :angel5:

My Simmies
kattan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 01:44:31 pm »

...and crap. I was looking because I was POSITIVE I'd caught it with the camera, but somewhere along the way from the Beakers to moving in with Venus I gave in and let Nervous get an MP3 player. He is HILARIOUS when he pulls it out. Always autonomous, too. Last time he did it was last night while Venus was skill building and Athena was asleep in her crib. Venus looked over with this utter I married a lunatic expression on her face before grinning and going back to reading. I interpret that as but he's still sweet and I love him... even if he can't headbang to save his life :toothy10:

Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 12:11:20 pm »

Quote from: chocolatedalek;919560
Tee-Hee.:smile bi: That's funny. My sister tried too...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who did that.:-P

When the world doesn't adapt to you. you adapt to it.
Gill Grissom- Little Murder
Shastania

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:09 am »

Heehee! Awesome stories here, guys!
Currently, my Nervous Subject is involved in a strange love/hate relationship with Circe Beaker. After taking pity on Nervous following one too many verbal bashings by Loki, I gave Circe 3 nice points via InSim and made her be nice to Nervous.

(Poor baby could use a friend. Tongue )

Loki didn't like this and kept getting huffy over the amount of time his wife was spending with his favorite punching bag. Well, Nervous wound up with a crush on Circe, but whenever he tried to act on it, Circe would knock him back and reject his advances, thus causing Nervous to sink into a deep depression/insanity attack.

Irritated at her husband's abuse of the hyper but gentle Nervous, Circe and Loki's relationship quickly deteriated and they broke up. Loki moved out but being the sadist I am, I moved him back in and tormented him by having Nervous continue to flirt with Circe.

Eventually, Circe responded to the advances and she began a relationship with Nervous Subject, much to Loki's chagrin.
Whilst all this was going on, Loki was secretly growing Cowplants in the basement and plotting his revenge.

Alas, his plan went horribly wrong as Circe was the one to grab the cake instead of Nervous. She got eaten and the two men mourned.
Then, driven mad by the loss of his ex, Loki kept getting into fist fights with Nervous.

This went on until Nervous got frequent visits from the shrink, effectively loosing all shreds of sanity. I wound up ressurecting Circe via InSIM and had her lay the smack down on her asshat of an ex.

Loki was furious and was itches away from walking out of the house altogether as they became enemies. Then, whilst experimenting in his basement, he wound up getting eaten by a Cowplant. XD

Much fun was to be had.

I have a few pictures up, BTW. Glory be to Christinlov's Skintone Selector-the foundation of every great Maxis Makeover!

First:
A made over Loki:

Circe Beaker:

And finally, the most drastic makeover of all...

NERVOUS SUBJECT!

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 12:29:04 pm »

Nervous is a fav premade character I just reinstalled should go ingame and start some more madness in his life.  Or at least give him a makeover btw nice makeover on him he still looks a bit off but much better!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: