Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:48:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Red De'Vill-update JAN 6th  (Read 36926 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:02:22 pm »

A couple people suggested I post this here
Hope you enjoy it x

I just fancied writing a legacy type story around one of my new sims...and having the main character as a guy this time
It's basically about a rock star forced into bankrupcy by his nasty management. Thanks to them embezzling all his money , he's having to start out from scratch...with nothing but a few measley simoleans and a plot of land in Strangetown..

In Red's Own Words
' So here I am ..In the middle of NOWHERE......literally....My head is still killing me...I went out on a bender just before the balliffs arrived and took the rest of my stuff....and my so called agent drove me here and dumped me...I've got nothing left....'

'wait ....did I say nothing??? I meant I have the worlds biggest kitty litter tray, a post box and a trash can'

'My agent sent some builders round to make me a hovel....don't get me wrong..I'm grateful for the walls and stuff...but they spent most of my money levelling the land...so I got left with this grand establishment...It's a long way from the luxury I got used to...you know five years at the top of my game..slogging my guts out on mammouth tours all round the world...month upon month in the studios...all for this'

'One box, one sofa...smells like....like.....I'm not gonna tell you....but I wish I had windows in this shack.....a not bad fridge..at least my beer will be cold...this heat sheesh...I miss trees......and I HATE the sun!!!....anyway...er....yes and a toilet...in the living area...it's gotta get better right?'

'Well apparently there is life on mars ....because I got visitors today.....one weird guy...though I've seen weirder...and two chicks......crikey...I forgot the last time when I...er......*cough* anyway...I am only human...maybe one of them will fancy me....mind you , what self respecting bird is gonna do anything with me in that place...sofa facing the loo....mmmmm ....there's nothing like the seductive aroma of the BOG to get a girl in the mood....*rolls eyes* sheesh....crikey....don't go IN!!.....ugh I'm so embarrassed'

'I managed to intercept one chick anyway...tried a bit of the old De'Vill charm..I never had a green one before....hmmmm, she said she was called Lola..she's got a sister and two room mates...ALL SINGLE!!! weyhey!! anyway, the other woman that came over went straight in to use me humble facilities...not shy round here are they? and the bloke is called Nervous...what sort of a name is that..he started giggling to himself...what a muppet!..

So whilst I tried to seduce Lovely Lola, Nervous walks straight in on this Jenny bird...she didn't bat an eyelid....wow maybe I'm chatting up the wrong one here! *blink*

That 'Nervous' guy just pointed at her and laughed then ran back out.....something tells me he's not the sharpest tool in the box...know what I mean?
Anyway my thoughts were confirmed when he started pranking everyone ....how tragic , a ten year old trapped in a mans body.'
'He got Jenny with a water balloon....I never saw that...where did he get it?...it don't bear thinking about! anyway I can't believe he got Lola as well....you just don't do that to a bird someone is chatting up...it's like an unwritten law man!!!...still I had the ideal opportunity to give her a comforting hug...hmmmmm...physical contact at last!!!'

'Well I wasn't expecting the cold (wet) shoulder from Lola..we were getting on well...er I thought...she said something about her lighting bolt for me had a red cross on it.....what the**** does that mean??? This place has the right name...strangetown...looneyville would have done just as well though.'

'Nervous is relentless man! what a kid! I decided to sort him out...poor Jenny could hardly breathe when he let rip....I dread to think what that guy eats...he seriously needs to see a doctor.....and a shrink while he's at it'

'So you know being a gentleman I checked Jenny was allright first...she just laughed and said it was allright cos she'd had two kids......Riiiight...I dread to think what they're like then!!!.....I seriously don't think people round here should be allowed to breed.........anyway...maybe I'm just meeting the lower end of the gene pool first....you now...like a baptism of fire initiation thing......*gulp*...I wish me Mum was around!!!....ahem... so yeah I decided to have a word with Nervous ...it's not cool to harrass the ladies after all'

'OK dude'...I said...'jokes over..you're going too far...let's apologise to the ladies and calm it down yeah?'
He looked at me all serious and then nodded...'Oh yes I'm sorry.. was only playing' and he held out his hand for me to shake it....fair enough I thought...you know , he's probably not a bad guy...bit immature ...probably never had a girlfriend..definitely never I reckoned....so maybe I could help him out...take him under my wing you know..I clasped his hand ...'Ok mate...cheers.......huh?.... eeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH You bleeding *curse* *beep* *swear*)*

' That was not a smart move...what a pain in the...a..er neck he was...' Seriously , if you can't calm it down you can sling your hook....you know LEAVE' I said to him...he agreed..then just as he started walking away....

'DON'T even Think about it!!!!'

'Gaahhhhhhhhhh......OH THAT'S IT!!!!'

'You better start running !!! grrrrrrrrrr'
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:39:27 pm by Rock Chick » Logged

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 03:04:09 pm »

'Well luckily for Nervous he ran....good grief! *rolls eyes* I wasn't suprised to find the girls had gone too...I mean after that fiasco who could blame them? I couldn't believe I was stuck in the desert with a bunch of crazy people....I must have been Atilla the Hun in a previous life or something...talk about your bad karma overload!!,....anyway...I tried not to panic...OK well I had a little panic'

'after a bit of a weak moment , I decided to get myself motivated and find a job...OH to have a seperate bathroom...and a bath....you don't realise how much you take things like that for granted til you lose em...'
'So I scanned the paper for a job and found one as a campaign worker...long hours but good money...I needed new clothes ..a bath and most of all a guitar...the repo swines didn't even let me keep ONE....*sob*

'After I got accepted for the job, I cheered up a bit...maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all...I still didn't like the heat...but later on I could get air con right? and to get a guitar again...that cheered me up no end Smiley I even played around a bit....

'So I was down but not out.....that's when I met her. The girl who would turn my world even more inside out than it already was....'
I went outside to make the most of the cooler evening air...just mulling over the day and how weird it had all been when I heard someone jog up behind me'

"hi I'm Jess" she said to me....she was a knock out! I can just remember gazing at her for a bit with a big grin on my face...she was gorgeous....even all sweaty with no make up......imagine what she would be like all dressed up!'

'We chatted and laughed together...I wanted to invite her in but my place being the dump it was...you know...I didn't want to mess this up...it was going too well with her....she gave me a hug goodnight!!! wow I so needed that! and I watched her go...she said she would see me again...and I certainly hoped so...hmmmmm Jess...I lay down on the sand and watched the stars...I was starting to really like it after all..'

'hey it's me , Red...I'm still here..I slept on my sofa..brave eh...and naturally didn't get a good sleep..I ache all over man...ugh...but I survived my first night! I am desparate for a coffee and still half asleep...someone came to give me a lift to work...hope they don't mind me flashing my chest in the office...can't afford luxuries like shirts yet ya know!....Still on the whole..that morning I was feeling happier...mainly due to that hottie Jess.........if only I'd known...ahem..anyway...off I went to work....'

'well it was a long old day but I got through it...I managed to earn a good days pay...very good in fact...I went straight and phoned up the furniture 24 hour direct store...(how lucky they do immediate despatch Wink ) and got myself a BED!!!! woooooo..and a couple other bits...

'I got a table and stools and a shower!! It ROCKED to have amenities I can tell you! course what they giveth with one hand they taketh with the other...I had bills! sheesh for WHAT?? exactly...anyway...they would have to wait for the next payday...'
'I was outside early evening surveying my estate like you do...when someone else strolled by...she was a fox too!'

'I remember liking her dress A LOT!! her name was Bella something..or..other.....anyway..what a dress! and she flirted with me loads...hehe it was awesome....typically..my luck being the way it is..Bella kissed me goodbye just as Jess came by on her evening jog....wow she got mad!!! she even slapped me...I'm amazed she liked me that much.......time for some serious grovelling!!!! '

'It appeared I was an expert groveller....she actually chilled out and went and lay on my bed...so we could *talk* she said....I was up for that of course...I did really like her you know...not just fancy her...seriously LIKED her'

'There was a bit of an awquard silence...I wasn't sure what to say...I don't think she was either...but I guess she liked me enough to just hang out ...I just stayed quiet and waited for her to do something...or say anything....expect the unexpected , that's what I decided'
'She mumbled something about feeling really attracted to me...so I kind of tried to hug her...honest just hug!'

'Yeah well as you can see that didn't go down too well...so we chatted a bit...what she said next totally blew me away.....
she said "well If we're going to live together, we need to tidy this place up...I'll sort it in the morning"
THEN whilst I was still reeling she jumped on me and had her wicked way! honest! I can't show you because tender eyes might be looking...but she's like a thing possessed!!! As I lay there exhausted after she finished with me I just hoped there wouldn't be scratches all over me back in the morning!!! aye carumba!!!!'

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 03:05:29 pm »

'We slept well...I certainly did...she wore me out...I won't go into details...anyhoooo....the next morning we both had to go to work...I never noticed she brought a smart suit with her..but she showered and changed into it...she was full of suprises....a deafening roar made me jump out of my skin.....

'That's my ride' she yelled to me........
I asked her what she did for work to merit a helicopter turning up ...
'I'm the Mayor of Strangetown' she yelled back

'WHHHAAAAT?Huh?Huh?'well I was a bit suprised yeah...wouldn't you be??
'Off she went ...my ride came shortly after the chopper took off...I'm amazed the wind generated from the launch didn't blow the old banger I went to work in clean off the road!
'Work that day was just a blur'
'She finished early everyday she said......and when I got home I could not believe my little bloodshot eyes!!....talk about extreme make over...the shack was like a little palace...I spose Mayors have standards....anyway it ROCKED!!! Things seemed to be coming up roses for me finally.....note I said "seemed"

'She really meant it when she said she would sort it out....she even got me a guitar...I think it was at that moment I fell in love...how amazing she was...she knew how much I missed my music...I was touched man I gotta say...really deeply...*eyes watering* sniffle...*cough* anyway yeah it was cool! I played that flying V for her most of the night...then she dragged me into the bedroom..... :wow:

'Talk about my dream woman.....evenso...she was a bit over the top with the whoohoooing....I mean not being bigheaded or nothing but I am fairly fit you know...lots of stamina...but she wanted to keep going ....I had work in the morning ya know!!! sheesh'

'I went off to work as usual that morningafter a nice long bath..I at last washed away my stage make up.....Jess had the day off lucky girl..but that was cool..I said bye to her and that I would be home at six as usual'
'Truth is at work I felt terrible...I mean really bad..like a migraine from *heck* or something..So I went back home, Jess had popped out when I got back so I just fell into bed........Later on everything started to slide down the spiral again.'
'Jess had come back from town and ordered groceries....the delivery guy showed up and she tipped him and invited him in.....guess they knew each other'

'So they chatted...that was fine , I mean, small town in the middle of nowhere...I guessed everybody knew each other right...and I had no need to worry'

'ok, so they had a hug.....um........it's cool she's the mayor....er........'

'Right OK ! that is definately NOT official business!!!........and not cool....I woke up then and stumbled towards the kitchen to get a glass of water and some aspirin'

'I hurt so bad at that point...my head was thumping anyway and now my chest hurt...like someone had knocked me backwards....I just lurched past them....jeez I felt like I was going to hurl at that moment....'

'The migraine just went hyper then...I managed to get my aspirin down and stumble back to bed...sobbing my stupid heart out.... they just carried on...I heard em....I just lay there in agony wishing the pillow over my head would block the racket out better..that night Jess chose to sleep on the sofa...for the best definitely.'

'The next day I missed work again...to be honest I was scared to come out of the bedroom til she left..like if I didn't see her , what happened the night before would all be erased...yeah I know...what a coward eh? Still I was in love with her...right about then she was my whole world you know? Anyway..she came back from work and I think she was feeling bad about it...

'She called me in for dinner...she made a nice salad dish...I was almost too scared to look at her, but we had to chat right? clear the air and so on'

'I'll certainly never forget the conversation....it went a bit like this'

'her-- "so how's your head now? did you want me to pick up some more aspirin this afternoon? *smile* "
Me --- "You and that delivery bloke last night....what the **** was that about?"
Her--- "OH him...that was just a bit of fun....I'm WITH you.....I mean...you know...that was just playing"
Me --- "Just playing?? you don't just play...when ...when you're in a relationship"
Her --- " Oh come on Red, I thought you would be cool with an open relationship...I mean all the groupies and that from your life before Strangetown...I thought you were laid back...you know secure enough with yourself to let me play...I mean...you can too...it cuts both ways"
Me--- " Yeah well I ain't like that...when I'm with someone I'm loyal...."
Her --- "I'm not about to change who I am....you accept me as I am...or forget it"
Me---- " I do accept you...but.......it just...it's not what I expected..."
Her ---- " Well..it's how things are....I don't know why you're complaining...I mean , I made your place nice...I don't make any demands on you...well just fun ones right *wink*..so for goodness sake chill...I'm still here aren't I?"

' She got up from the table..."I'm going out for a bit....take it easy babe" she said
I felt sick , just playing with the food on my plate.....
"I love you Jess" I said....
"don't Red" her voice faltered as she left

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 03:07:15 pm »

' You know I think it's true...women are from another planet...I felt like I would never understand her...but at the same time I didn't want her to leave me...I hated her as much as I loved her then...You know when I heard about people staying in bad relationships cos they loved their partners so much they would put up with anything...well I used to laugh about how stupid they were...only then did I have empathy for people like that..when it happened to me.... I didn't like to admit it but I was nothing more that her little kept love puppet...it sounds funny now...but then...my god it hurt so much. Music helped distract me, and as the day went on I kind of mulled it all over...I believed she was sorry...I mean she must have been right? she saw how upset I'd been..maybe she would try to stay exclusive to me now I'd said how I felt...I hung on to that thought and felt better'

'So life went on, the delivery guy left her a present...I thought about chucking the rose away...but I wanted to prove to Jess that I accepted her...no matter what..maybe just doing that would make her want to stay with me ...and not play around anymore...that was my plan anyway'

'She seemed happy I was cool about the gift..she hung out wth me a lot over the couple of weeks that followed...it was nice you know...I mean I was happier...I relaxed again...she even took an interest in my music and I helped her with guitar lessons...Listening to her play I was overwhelmed with love you know...she acted like she did when we first hooked up...really sweet and well...mind blowing woohoo all the time.....yeah you could say my wounds were healed up nicely'

'I was having a long soak in the bath one morning.. we were both having a day off work..I heard voices in the lounge as I lay there enjoying the warm water...to my relief it was another woman....what I didn't realise was'

'Yeah Jess was playing again....I was oblivious in the bathroom...I mean..I hadn't realised she was open to women as well....so you know...I didn't feel the need to check'

'I was glad she found a female friend...relieved in fact!!! I thought a mate might help her stay away from other guys...sheesh.... I'm no prude...but she was meant to be with me ......that is...I wanted it to be just the two of us you know?...gah love sucks at times......any way...by the time I got out the bath things had progressed somewhat'

'I walked in to find them in a clinch..they were both startled to see me...the bed had obviously been used...I glanced at the crumpled sheets...I'd made the bed tidy as usual that morning'
"Hey you.....we... were trying on clothes....you might have knocked!!" Jess gasped ...it was pretty unconvincing and we all knew it....
"yeah sorry" I mumbled...I turned and made for the lounge

'You know looking back I should have just given her MY ultimatum....you should always be true to yourself right? It was my own fault ...I mean, to be fair to her she told me straight how she was...I just was so mad about her I wanted her to change.....you have to accept someone good and bad...I guess back then I couldn't accept that letting her go would be healthier....I didn't say a word when the post lady left...and I didn't say anything further to Jess either....turning a blind eye appeared the easiest option'

'I tell you one thing though....heartache is really good for songwriting...I was on a creative roll....and as before, Jess was kind and kept me busy in the bedroom...it was kind of uncomfortable at times...but I blocked bad thoughts out of my mind, besides...she knew how to get me going.....she had me wrapped round her little finger'

'She started to act a bit strange...like she would get sick in the mornings...mind you her cooking skills weren't too great...salads yes....anything involving heat...NOOOOO!

'She managed to get her blackened pancakes down as I got to the table...looking at her ashen face it seemed doubtful she would keep them down though...
"I'm going out....er to the docs....I need something to help stop this sickness" she said weakly... I offered to take her but she declined..."I have my driver coming." she explained...being the mayor had it's perks...chauffered to the doctors office no less...I kissed her goodbye and went back to my composing'
'I went out whilst she was gone to pick up groceries...I decided not to risk home deliveries any more after what happened...I mean...why put temptation right on our doorstep?? I got home and Jess was waiting for me...she called me into the bedroom.......'

'I don't know what happened at that doctors but wow! she looked incredible..she called me over to sit on the bed and explained that she'd felt a lot better and decided to go for a new look to really cheer herself up...all I can say is it worked....I won't say much more than by the time it was over I was ready to pass out!  Evidently having a make over was the worlds best aprhodisiac'

'we got up and she said she would make us dinner...why did I get the feeling she was trying to sweeten me up for something??...fleetingly I wondered if she wanted to ask me to marry her...she was unpredictable enough...mind you when I had hinted at it she'd looked like a deer trapped in the headlights....well a guy could dream right?'

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:08:33 pm »

'Like I said ..I was hanging!! I needed to get some sleep....I went off yawning into the bathroom...

"Chicken salad OK for you babe? " she called ...I agreed and staggered along to freshen up a bit before we ate
After dinner I'm afraid I was beat..I collapsed on the sofa...well come on.. you know what us guys are like after woohoo....ahem ...anyway...she was checking her make up....she liked her new look a lot...so did I......hmmmmm'

'just as I was dropping off to sleep the phone went...she ran and answered it...
"I don't want double glazing thankyou" she said loudly rolling her eyes at me....
I closed mine happily and went off to sleep.
' "he's out cold....it's OK Johnson......god I missed you so much...can you come over?" she whispered into the phone..

'Yeah turns out Johnson was some guy she'd been seeing in her lunch hour at work...I don't know how long that had been going on...anyway she got him to come over...it appeared they had something important to discuss'

'At least this time they met outside...she was really into him....
Him --- "so you're sure he doesn't know??....hey he won't wake up will he??"
Her---" not after the sleeping pill in his drink he won't....so did you tell Veronica about us yet?"
Him --- "come on babe ...these things take time....I got the kids to consider as well"
Her ---"They'll be ok.....Johnson please I love you...I want to be with you..."
Him--- "what about him? have you told him about the baby?"
Her ---"I will.........when the time's right.......anyway...maybe it's yours"
Him --- "pretty unlikely after my vasectomy don't you think??? Listen...I can't be raising some other bloke's kid......Veronica is going to take me to the cleaners enough when she finds out about you."
Her ---" so what are you saying? it's not going to work out?"
Him --- " We will be together....you can leave the kid with Red...I mean..he's the dad right?"
She pulled away..."I don't know......"

"listen, this is the only way it's gonna work Jess.....besides..you said he's a good bloke....the baby will keep him company when you and I are together...like a consolation prize"
If she felt bad about any of it she didn't show it then..."Ok agreed...I'll tell him tonight....let's go to the bedroom first.....I need something to keep me going til next time"

'They had finished whatever they were doing in the bedroom and were heading out of the house when I finally came round...the phone woke me actually as they were heading out the door...I kind of guessed what was happening...'

'I confronted her...finally....
Me ---"who the hell was that?"
Her ---"A friend from work"
Me "What was he doing here"
Her "dropping me off ....uh....a note"
She really wound me up then....
Me ---- "A Note?Huh??? what the?? Oh come on Jess that's pretty lame....give me a bit of credit"
Her--- "no no it's true.........wait...."
Johnson (lol fitting name eh) had left by now of course..she ran to her handbag and pulled out a slip of paper...."see ...it's my result......Johnson picked it up from the doctors for me....er.........I was too nervous to phone for it...."
Her hand shook as she gave the paper to me.....
"what is this" I said to her
She moved closer to me and touched my arm......like butter wouldn't melt....
"darling I'm having your baby.....we're going to be parents"

'I remember just getting dressed...I was gonna go out and get wasted in town when she came in...she always did manage to trap me easily in the bedroom...
I decided to let her speak ....I felt so confused you know...suddenly a baby was in the picture..and I had to make sure if it WAS mine...I did the right thing by it...and her

Her--- "I'm sorry you found out in such a crude way Red"
Me--- "you reckon it's mine? sorry if I'm not convinced"
Her --- "I can't blame you for that....I dunno whats wrong with me...I get into these crazy moods you know...and just do stupid things..."
Me --- "So what happens now?"
Her --- "well ...you and I raise the baby....our baby of course...didn't you say your agent had some possible work for you...you know with that Guitar Magazine..."
Me --- "yeah she mentioned something like that a while back....I could work from home she said....I dunno though"
Her--- " see that would be perfect...you could stay at home and watch the baby...I can keep the big bucks rolling in...it'll be fun"
I felt so very confused....how could she be so calm about it all..? My mind was so scrambled.

"you're my best friend Red....." she said suddenly, "whatever happens I'll.....I'll not let you down...."
well that could have meant anything...but being the lovestruck idiot I was I chose to percieve it as her settling down to play happy ever after with me...I never learn eh'
'I had the uncanny ability to switch off that little voice of reason...she lay cuddling me and I hung onto my visions of our perfect life together..the one that this baby would bring to us.'
'I always slept well after we got intimate...in reality it was her way to put me out of action....to do what she wanted to without seeing me...what the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve for right?'

'In a way I think Jess quite liked her pregnancy...her hormones made her want me more than ever,..well physically anyway...course I just decided she was realising how very much she loved me...she was off work for a nice long time too....maybe the demands of her job had driven her into the arms of so many lovers..work hard play hard and so on...whatever it was I was happy..she seemed to be too....'

'The time seemd to whiz by so fast...her bump was nothing one day and huge the next it seemed...quite often though I would catch her with a faraway look in her eyes..and bouts of sobbing which she explained with one word.."hormones" we'll I knew that pregnant women can get a little sensitive....to put it politely! Still, yours truly here was in his element! I felt that all the troubles were behind us now'

'I have to say...no amount of classes , books or chats to the midwife can prepare you for the arrival of your first baby...we were watching TV one evening when Jess popped out to the kitchen to get a snack....all quiet on the western front one minute...and ear splitting shreik the next'

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH my waters just broke.....RRREEEEEEEEDDDD!!! get the midwife....her numbers on the little list thing...aaaahhh ...."
Me --- "Bloody h*ll!!! OK OK breathe....er...wait ...don't let it come out yet...umm...."
I won't repeat what she said to me next but a sailor would have blushed

'Intense was not the word to describe it.. but some things in life you just can't do justice to with mere words..at least I couldn't...the midwife got there in time but only just....amazingly enough things went well....we were all sobbing our hearts out by the end of it though..the emotions and stress and everything was exhausting...but I can remember looking at Jess with so much pride and admiration right then...that's something that won't ever diminish...she did so well...the language mind you !!! phew ! I thought I heard some choice words on tour with my band...but this girl was coming up with ones I never knew existed!!'

'As Jess held the baby girl in her arms that thought crossed my mind again for the first time in months...was this my real daughter..I willed her to be so much'

'I can't tell you how I felt looking into my daughters light green eyes...my eyes...inherited from my Mums side...we'd picked the name Ellie for a girl...so there I was...holding my baby girl Ellie...she stopped bawling when I held her too...we looked at each other for ages...my eyes just brimmed over..the tears flooded down my face...and I just smiled at her...sheer perfection...

'Jess was showered and changed so quick I hardly realised it...she looked as gorgeous as always...she bent to look at Ellie..she was crying too....

'She whispered something to Ellie...then looked at me ...let me feed her....you go to bed..." Jess said....I did offer to swap so she could rest but she insisted....

'I was out like a light .....I didn't hear Jess use the phone'

Her--- "It's me....I ...I have to come now.....before I change my mind...."
voice on the phone --- " Ok I'll get a cab round to you...we can buy you new stuff...just come as you are..."

I often wonder to this day what she was thinking as she walked out ...and if she loved Ellie as much as I did...or knew how much I loved her up to that point...

'One thing was certain, my life would never be the same...'

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 03:10:06 pm »

'You know, I think that tiny little baby saved me...lord knows she kept me up all that night...I had a note from Jess...she'd lied of course..."going to the hospital ...feel a bit unwell..see you later...big kisses for you and Elliexxx"

Yeah......well...it took me a while to realise what had really happened...Later the next day...I'd phoned the hospital after Eliie FINALLY settled....no suprise to find Jess had not checked in.....a call to her office had sent me back into harsh reality...apparently she was on a plane to St Lucia with that Johnson guy......yeah well you can imagine my reaction to that......
I just cried ...bloody h*ll I never thought the tears would stop....she'd left us....how could she...cold hearted self centred nympho physcho.........I stood by Ellie's cot and broke down into a pathetic wreck.....but Ellie needed me....if it weren't for her....well I doubt I would be here to tell the tale...know what I mean?
So yeah what choice did I have? I got on with it....Ellie looked so much like her Mum...sometimes the pain that seered through me was almost too much to bear...I tried and tried to call Jess but there was never an answer...'

'I never had to take care of a baby before but you know what? It's suprising how fast you can learn when you have no-one else to help you..I'm pretty proud of myself you know..I got the midwife to pop round and show me the basics..she was awesome actually..she couldn't believe what Jess had done either...I got a nice hamper of baby stuff from her and her colleagues to help me out...and she came round to give advice in the first couple weeks...what a star! I dunno what I would have done without her.
I wondered if mum and Dad could see Ellie...I wasn't religious particluarly , but I kind of felt they saw her..and were watching us from somewhere in the afterlife.I held my baby I wished they were there to play with her and be around her too....poor kid didn't have much of a family'

'Still we were doing pretty good...I was the total doting daddy ...I never thought back when I was in the band...that I would get so domestic man!!! haha...but I was thriving on it...it helped ease the pain of Jess leaving...whenever I started to feel unhinged I would only have to look at that little face...and my heart would just burst with love again....

'So my celibate years began ! I didn't actually notice much...I know that sounds hard to believe but it's true...Ellie gave me a purpose and kept me busy..

besides..I didn't feel like getting involved with anyone ever again...after Jess had done her best to rip out my heart and smash it into a million tiny pieces..um...anyway....

we made a good little team..Ellie and I.

First thing I did was get my agent to chase up the writing job..I quit the politics..(thank goodness) and started working from home , the dust settled and we got ourselves a pretty good routine going Wink

'Time went by quick once we'd sorted ourselves out....if anyone ever says taking care of a baby is hard..wait til you get to the toddler stage!!! crikey!!! I had a little firecracker on my hands when Ellie got mobile!

'Just before Ellie's 2nd birthday I called Jess....here's how that went...
Me --- " finally...why didn't you call me back..."
Her--- "I'm sorry Red...we just got back from Tokyo....anything up?"
Me --- "It's Ellie's birthday soon...are you gonna make an appearance this year or what?"
...Pause....
Me ---  *whispered* "Jess ...she's your only daughter.........right??? come and see her for ***** sake..........
Her --- * I...I can't this time...I'll send money.....get her something nice.........*click*"

At that time I could not comprehend why she was so indifferent...

'Blimey did that kid have a pair of lungs on her.....she had to be a singer when she was older!!! part of me was proud..the other wished I had industrial strength ear defenders!!!
'So yet again we celebrated alone...but it was for the best....I can see that now...at the time I was seething inside....

'On the whole , my Ellie was a good kid....I missed the days when she was a bit younger sometimes...but only when I was busy with work and the little terror was up to her armpits in toilet water or pulling everything out of the fridge!!
But she was a sweetheart...I couldn't love her more'

'Beautiful and a little genius...I realised how lucky I was...and even though I was tired out most of the time...I was really happy....time sped by as it always does...we never got a visit from Jess though...lucky for Ellie she didn't know any different...at the back of my mind there was the growing worry of what to say when she asked about her mum....Jess sent money every birthday and Christmas..it was for Ellie...so I didn't turn it down...sometimes she would cry on the phone...I never knew how genuine those tears were...she said it would be better for Ellie if she stayed away..I guess we both agreed on that in the end..
she set up a trust fund for Ellie....Jess had quit work a long time ago...Johnson was loaded anyway...they always seemed to be jetting off somewhere new....I sent a photo of Ellie every now and then...and she called to say thank you each time...choking with sobs...maybe she did love her kid...she had a funny way of showing it though...still ...time marched on and Ellie grew '

'Ok excuse the doting Dad moment ..but did you ever see such a beautiful kid?? I couldn't believe how awesome she was at times...but you know I got to say I think I did OK *pats self on the back* She was more amazing every day..and as smart as anything !

'We continued to be a great team..she inherited a lot from Jess...but it was all the good stuff...looks and plenty of pep...she was intelligent and independent..and she fussed over her old Dad....she would look at me all thoughtful sometimes...and ask how I was...was I happy? lonely?...she would watch me play guitar and just hang out with me really...I was blessed...and I was grateful for that'

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 03:11:35 pm »

'Another birthday was looming for Ellie....that meant the usual phone call to Jess to try and persuade her to pay us a visit...Ellie had been asking questions...ones that hurt my heart to hear.....like..."why doesn't mum like me" ..yeah well....how the heck do you field that one year after year......

anyway, I braced myself for the call ...to my suprise Jess phoned me first.

Her--- "h..hi...Red....Um thanks for the photo you sent....she's looking so well  *voice breaking up* I'm afraid I can't make it...."
Me ----" Yeah well no change there then......what do you want"
Her ---- " Her report card was fantastic ...wasn't it......you...you're a great dad you know....I just wanted to say that......um"
Me --- "Thanks....so what you wanna know? what her favourite colour is? what toys she likes...? you want to send me a questionnaire?"
Her ---*soflly crying*  I know Red...I'm no good to anyone......I just wanted to do something good for her...um...I thought about that private school....I can pay the fees....I mean...I would like to.....if it's allright with you"
her voice was a little slurred...it wasn't the first occasion she'd sounded weird on the phone...for the previous three years it had been this way..
I just put it down to too much of the high life...life in the fast lane...I mean..it's what she craved all the time ...

Me--- "I see..well that would be great...but it's not up to me...it's Ellie's choice...why don't you call later..after she finishes school...ask her yourself...."
There was a long pause...she was obviously thinking it over...caught off guard maybe..it was the first time I'd suggested she talked to our daughter directly...
Her --- "No ..no....It's better I don't ...."
Me --- "Better for who exactly???"
Her --- " For Ellie....really.....it is...please ...just phone the head...I'll text you the number....let the school know...I've already told them to contact me regarding finances....should Ellie attend.......listen....Johnson is coming back....I...I got to go...tell her.....well..........wish her happy birthday from me...."
Me --- "Ok....and that you love her"
Her ---" Yes i do....tell her what you think is best...bye"
*click*

'I wonder if I had known what was happening with Jess at that time might have changed the course of all our lives...but Jess being Jess would never have admitted it

'When Ellie got home from school it was time to broach the subject of Jess's call to her...I thank my lucky stars I had such a sharp kid...'

Me --- "Hey kiddo...how was school today?
Ellie --- "Oh cool Dad...we had art today..I did you a picture"
Me --- "That's lovely Elles...um...listen...your mum called today...to wish you a Happy Birthday.."
Ellie--- "SHE called you?? ..oh.......she's not coming is she Dad...."
Me --- " No love,...I'm sorry.....but hey listen...you know that nice school we go past sometimes on the way to town? you know with the big old buildings and nice gardens....well your mum asked me to ask you wether you would like to go there...it would be really great for you there...the teachers are excellent.....um....sweetheart it's your choice ..."
Ellie ---- " You want me to go Dad? it's a good school I know..."
Me --- "It would be a great start for you kitten....and I would love for you to have the chance to go...but not if it makes you sad..."
Her --- "hmmm.....I would miss my friends a bit....but they can come play after school...."

She looked at me gravely...her little eyebrows raised a bit...
"Dad........I think that I will go.......because I think it would help me be a rockstar...and I think it would make you prouder...and Mum might even come and see me in my uniform......so I expect I will decide yes........but..."
'Here it comes I thought'
"But..........I need you to do something for me"
I smiled "Anything kitten"
"I want to invite my teacher here....Miss Brodie......cos I will miss her the most ...and I want her to be my friend even after I leave my old school....."
Her eyes brimmed with tears...
I hugged her tightly......."Of course sweetheart...how about tomorrow night? she can come for dinner"

Ellie wiped her eyes and beamed at me......a sneaky little grin spreading over her face....
"You know Dad..." she said making for her room , "Miss Brodie would be just right for you...you NEED a girlfriend"
I laughed...Oh lord! some old biddy in a twinset and pearls...yeah that would be about right...if I remembered rightly , Ellie's teacher was a nice old dear..rosie cheeked and pushing 60....

"Don't you think Miss Brodie is a bit old for me love...? " I called after her..
Ellie stopped and grinned back at me....
"Silly daddy you don't remember ANYTHING!!! Mrs Jenkins was old...and she retired....Miss Brodie is my NEW teacher...I told you ages ago....tsk...anyway..I'll tell her tomorrow.....she's a BABE Dad!!! Mikey Sullivan says so......he LOVES her...and she's SEEN you already...Carla Winchelsea got sent to the heads office and on the way past the staff room she heard Miss Brodie say to Mrs Kendall that you were sex on a stick...hehe anyway ...I'm gonna play in my room..."

'Uh OH! ..."Hey hang on a minute young lady...where did you hear an expression like that???...panic set in then...would I have to have THE TALK?Huh? OMG already??? I was hoping to get her a book...
She looked at me thoughtfully and went on .."Oh it's allright Dad..I know ALL about boys and that...."

'Oh lord' I thought...'Here it comes'..."Ok then....."
Ellie Rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips
"Well basically Dad you find a boy you like and kiss him on the mouth and then hold hands with him...and then a seed goes up your sleeve and a baby comes out the bottom of your sweater....Carla told me all about it"
'My skills at supressing a giggling fit can only be put down to a fathers un-erring love for his child...her little face was so serious....
"Actually Dad I don't think Carla got it all right......but I'm gonna ask Miss Brodie about that too.....I hope you don't mind"

'Mind??? Heck no!! I didn't mind at all....I was beginning to warm to Miss Brodie'
Ellie seemed happy so why not go along with it...It was good to see her in such high spirits

and you can never have too many friends right? Lord help me I didn't have any!'

'So yeah..I didn't know why but I was really edgy the whole of that following day...Ellie just kept grinning at me after school...and rushing round helping me tidy up....

"I think I'll eat my dinner before Miss Brodie comes....can I Daddy? I will get too hungry otherwise"
She didn't even try to conceal the cheeky smirk on her face...little devil!
I grinned at her and played along....maybe Miss Brodie was passable..you can't really rely on an 8 year olds judgement when it comes to Babes now can you?  could you?  ....whatever happened I'd decided that if Ellie doted on her so much, this person must be a pretty good sort...and yeah, I could stand a friend right about then...It was lonely at times now Ellie was at school'
Ellie was playing outside as I was finishing off an editorial piece for the forthcoming Guitar Magazine edition...

her voice piped up..."Daddeeeeeeeeeeeeee...she's Heeeeeeere!"
'Ok all I can say is WOAH....I honestly wasn't expecting Miss Brodie to look like that...honest!

'So did I wow her with the old De'Vill Charisma??? not exactly....It had been ages since I'd been near any females my age....not really ...at least not so close...in my house....*gulp*
Me --- "bloody H*ll !!!! *turning beetroot red*
Her --- "um Hi...is it OK to visit? Ellie did say you invited me....."
Me --- *quickly* "oh god YES.....*blush blush* I mean.....of course...so good to meet you Miss Brodie"
Her --- " It's Kira ....thanks for asking me over....Ellie is a real credit to you...I'm going to miss her terribly when she starts her new school"

'well I was in full twerp mode then...."You can come here anytime to see us....er...her...everyday if you want " I blurted...Ellie giggled from the computer where was playing a game....
"please take a seat...I'll get a drink for us...."
She smiled and nodded and went to sit down on  the sofa...I was a bit rusty at all this......'

'I just prayed I wouldn't make my bad first impression any worse!'

'No doubt about it..my daughter was a genius....a devious one...but a genius none the less...She leapt away from the computer and managed to get to Miss Brodie before she even got to the sofa...
"Actually...I am really tired...I think I'll go to bed...I'll probably go STRAIGHT to sleep too...*pretend yawn*...goodnight Miss Brodie...you look so PRETTY tonight....doesn't she DAD??? goodnight Dad!!....." She announced smirking widely

'Naturally at the time both me and Miss Brodie...I mean Kira...turned puce with embarrassment.....I would have cause to thank Ellie later though....but right at that point,....she was grounded!!!'

'We said goodnight to Ellie and sat sort of awquardly on the sofa....I couldn't believe how a guy like me...you know..who'd been a bit wild in his time...could have a lump in his throat the size of a small coconut and worryingly sweaty palms...*ugh*....

I could hardly look at that gorgeous angelic doe-eyed goddess of perfection sitting with me on the sofa..OK you could have driven a tram right between us...but it was a woman!! nearby.. after I don't know how many years...and I was only human you know??? *whimper* Still...after what seems a life time I was inspired...

Me -- "uh....let's eat!"
Her--- "OK"

'Yeah ...hardly earth moving stuff...but thankfully we had something to do with our hands!'

'We both had a couple glasses of wine before either of us relaxed...but when we did finally unclench...it was a wonderful evening...and I never realised how important it would be to all three of us...'

We finished up and I checked in on my little cupid...out like a light as she'd promised Smiley

Then Kira and I retired to the sofa again....only this time...it was a mite cosier '
*grin*

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 03:12:54 pm »

'Well yes we were getting on great...both a little tipsy....not so much breaking the ice as anihilating it!...but you know what...I knew I deserved it..I also knew this was something potentially special...what I had been longing for..and I wasn't gonna let rampant testosterone ruin it for me... it was hard work though...phew

...In what I can only decscribe as a feat of superhuman self control *wink* we had a bit of a canoodle and I got her home in a cab before things got too steamy...see I told you I was a gent...I mean you just don't woohoo the living daylights out of your kids teacher the first time you meet...generally that kind of thing is frowned on in most places!'
'Nope this time I was gonna do it right....or at least at a more steady pace...Ellie agreed to attend private school and Kira and I started seeing a lot of each other.
You know it blew me away how she was....so different from my relationship (if you could call it that) with Jess.

Kira was affectionate...the first time she cuddled me I was expecting her to then rush out on the town ..but no...she just gave affection for nothing...I had forgotten that it could be that way.

..and forgotten my heartache over Jess. It was replaced by annoyance mainly...particuarly on the eve of Ellie's first day at the new school when she'd tried to call her mum...she's been so excited...only to have a quick..."Sorry I'm busy" from Jess...I'll never forget Ellie's little face as she hung up the phone..she'd disappeared into her room...and then when her mum came up in conversation again, Ellie started referring to her as Jessica.'

'But Ellie being like her old Dad..just got on with it..and she did great from the start'

'Time whizzes by when you're having fun...actually in Strangetown time did whiz by wether you were enjoying yourself or not...funny how so many weird things were a part of life now that I never questioned...like how fast Ellie was growing...still I didn't question the good stuff...I didn't want to jinx it away'
'Kira was as sweet and loving as ever...I waited and waited for the cracks to show but they never did..she was a bit of a hippy chick on the quiet but that suited me...and Ellie...well Ellie absolutely adored Kira...and it was mutual too which made me feel so happy..'

'So I decided after one really special date to make things more permanent Smiley'

'We were sitting on the sofa after coming back to my place after a great meal downtown...My hands were shaking as I braced myself to ask something very important...'
Me-- "We've been going out together for a while now"
Her --- " Ages yes...*smile* it's been wonderful"
Me --- " It has.....Kira...I was wondering....'
I moved off the sofa and we stood facing each other...as I knelt down in front of her I saw her eyes glaze over as she beamed at me'
Me ---" Kira....I love you....I was wondering....would you marry me?"

I couldn't really hear her ...her voice had gone completely and tears were rolling down her flushed cheeks...but she nodded furiously !

We held each other close and kissed....and decided she would move in...I couldn't wait to tell Ellie in the morning....we went off to bed to celebrate'

'So we became a family...I was thrilled ...Ellie was ecstatic! I think Kira did well considering she'd been single before moving in..she had fretted about telling me she was pregnant...but though it wasn't planned and fairly soon after she moved in, I didn't worry...I was an old hand remember Wink Ellie had already started to call Kira Mum anyway!  As we talked about the baby in the bedroom , I looked around...that decor was what Jess had arranged...her influence was still in our home...with Kira expecting , we agreed to postpone the wedding for a while and redecorate...I wanted Kir' to feel this was her home...and I gave her carte blanche when it came to colours etc...my only wish was for everything but Ellies bedroom to be totally different.... '

'I had a new look too...the thought of another baby pulling out big handfuls of my hair was the main reason...I did keep some length..couldn't quite face a short back and sides...not an old rocker like me!!! but I looked more Dad like I guess...'

'So we redid the whole place...it looked warm and cosy...and above all..totally different from before...I wanted to finally release those last remaining sad memories'
'By the time we were done...Kira's pregnancy was really moving along...'

'Yeah see totally different! But it was a really happy time ...for all of us...whilst that might seem boring ...it was much needed...'
'Besides...you ever hear that expression ..."the calm before the storm" ?? '

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 03:14:43 pm »

'Looking at how beautiful she was most people would never have suspected 'Kira had a hard time with her pregnancy...she was sick all through most of it...and she developed a worrying obsession for burnt cheesecake!

'I did try to tell her about the theory that too much cheesecake causes twins..but those cravings were too strong! Still I knew we could cope with whatever was going to happen...'

'So we just relaxed and enjoyed the peace and quiet (and cheesecake) before we had a tiny baby keeping us all busy
...and Ellie was so excited to have a baby brother or sister...she even got a baby name book from town and made lists for us!'

'Yes life was just a dream...I really felt settled you know?  ...Jess didn't seem to call as much.....she even missed Ellie's last birthday before.....well before the Chaos began!

'Wow! even though I had been through it once before with Ellie, that moment when Kira went into labour was certainly memorable...she was in a lot of pain and very frightened but she coped well...breathing deeply she instructed me to call Charmaine, her friend and the mother of Ellies best friend Theresa...Charmaine came right over to be with Ellie...who was psyched about the imminent birth!'

'And I took Kira to hospital........we both had the shock of our lives!'
'We welcomed our son Rhys..................

AND our 2nd daughter Anoushka!!!

'Both of them had their Mum's beautiful big dark eyes...but Rhys had red hair like his Dad and little Noush (that's what we nicknamed her) had warm blonde hair just Like Kira........That night I left Kira and the twins at the hospital to rest and went home to my lovely girl Ellie...to tell her all about her new brother and sister!'

'Kira and the little ones stayed in hospital for a few days after the birth, the twins had been unexpected and the medical team were anxious to ensure all three of them were doing well before allowing them to come home. Still Ellie and I made the most to have some quality time together and I took full advantage of the hours Ellie was at school to rock out man!! ahaha !! Wink'

'The storm hit hard, a lot harder than I expected..I was glad we had made the most of that short idyllic time when the twins first arrived.
We noticed that Anoushka wasn't thriving very quickly, she was pale too..and so quiet. Often we would sit up with her at night..afraid to sleep in case she stopped breathing.
Thankfully Rhys was a lot stronger and seemed to be OK..but it was hard on all of us....Then one afternoon our worst fears were realised.
Ellie went to say hello to the twins as usual just after school..they were sleeping in the bedroom ..

'Ellie screamed and came bursting into the lounge where Kira and I were tidying up...

"Something's wrong!! somethings wrong with Noush!!!"

It was one of those times when things seem surreal...Kira got hold of Noush..she was very limp..I remember Kir was so strong, so much calmer than I was...we called the ambulance and Kiras friend Charmaine...thankfully she was only a couple houses away and arrived just before the ambulance to comfort a distraught Ellie...I kissed my oldest daughter and squeezed her shaking body tight...I couldn't speak...Kira and I left then with our tiny girl for the hospital.

'We watched the doctors and nurses prepare her for surgery.. Noush had congenital heart disease..they were going to perform a cardiac catheterization on her..she had lung congestion and a ventricular septal defect...a hole in the heart to you and I. I don't think either of us had ever been so terrified as the moment when she was whisked away to the operating theatre. Only time would tell.'

The operartion went Ok..it seemed like she was in there for so long..hours and hours of waiting. Both of us crying. I thought about Ellie and Rhys at home..poor Ellie not knowing what was happening..at least Charmaine was there to comfort her and care for Rhys.
When the surgery had finished we looked at our tiny girl laying in intensive care, tubes helping her to breathe..she looked so fragile..so detsined to leave us. Kira stayed and urged me to get back to our kids at home. Noah, Charmaine's husband, picked me up from the hospital. The drive home seemed to be in slow motion too... neither of use really said much, I didn't know him that well..but he seemed to know how to help best and I was grateful for that.
When we arrived back at my house, Ellie was sleeping. She'd cried herself to sleep..poor kid..Charmaine had fed and bathed Rhys.
Their elder son was at home with Teresa...so Noah drove back and Charmaine insisted on staying with us the night. She made herself up a bed in Ellie's room and after many reassurances from me, she went off to get some well earned sleep.

Poor Rhys....maybe he sensed his sister wasn't there..they say twins can do that sort of thing. I looked at our son drifting off to sleep and tried to block out the terrible visions from earlier..my fears causing heartbreaking images to flicker through my mind.....a tiny white coffin...why do our minds do that to us...I wiped the tears that surged down my face and gently picked up my son to rock him off to sleep...to feel his warmth and feel hopeful again.

to be continued ..

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 07:12:05 pm »

wow! *wants more!*

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:45:29 pm »

cool you moved the story to here i lost track of it at sims community lol still waiting for an update to it

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 02:35:13 am »

Thanks xx
The last bit about Anoushka is a mini update. Now my site is up and running I can give this more time
x

starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 09:12:52 am »

Rockchick what a cool story!  It started out with a down in your luck vibe to high drama!  Can't wait for more!

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 02:27:59 pm »

I'm liking it.  Can't wait for more.
velvet69

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 05:04:01 am »

oh Great story .. I can't wait for more
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print