Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:12:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Middle-aged Mesh maybe?  (Read 2001 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2006, 09:18:03 am »

Hello, Warlokk.

Just a wee thought for you.

I've been wanting to make some middle-aged (45-55 yo) ladies for my game, and as a consequence, I've taken to DLing/modifying some suitable skins and face-makeup.

Currently I'm tinkering with the "Light" Simcribbling, copying the Elder Bmps into the Adult, so that the Adult Female will have all the wrinkles of the Elder. But of course there's a slight shortcoming...

...The boobies on the Adult aren't the same shape as those on the Elder. This means that one ends up with lines under the norks, and it looks a bit odd when the sim is "au naturelle".

So, I was wondering - and PERHAPS I'm not the only person around here who'd like to have some middle-aged ladies in the game? - is there any chance you might consider making a Middle-aged Mesh that would suit Louis' Elder skin(but on an Adult)?

My thought was that it should be the same as the Default 34B-28-34, BUT with the Elder's jubblies. I'm not sure how easy it would be to modify the shirt-potatoes from the original so that they match up with Louis' BMP file, but I'd have thought that maybe it's easier than creating a whole new Mesh from scratch perhaps?

As an added bonus, since the bottom half would be identical to the standard 34" Hip, it woud mean that in Everyday wear at least the Middle-aged woman could match pretty much any Maxis bottom to a Middle-aged top. Smiley

Thus, only two Meshes would be needed - a full suit and an Everyday top.

What do you think?

I'd be ever so grateful if you could find the time to have a crack at it.

Thanks.

Adam.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 09:33:55 pm »

Hmm, well since the game doesn't have a middle-age category, it would have to be a mesh for either the Adult or Elder... there is a set around here someplace where someone has made the elders use the adult meshes, but it keeps the elder postures and animations, but uses the wrinkly skintones... you might look for that, it may do the trick for now.  As for later, I could possibly do something for an Elder Bodyshape set that's a bit more curvy than the normal Elder, probably an Adult mesh with the appropriate gravitational effects... I'll keep it in mind, it sounds interesting.  Even if it were only a few sizes, like the teens, it could be cool.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Verly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 12:54:59 am »

I do have to admit Warlokk that is was pretty funny to see my self sim with a DDE bust go from being a busty adult to having droopy maxis boobs as an elder. lol. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: