Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:12:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 FAQ **Work In Progress**  (Read 14531 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Serafina

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:37:07 pm »

Ok so everyone knows this is obviously not finished! I am working on it every spare moment I have!
Links to Cheats or Other Helpful FAQ's and Information
These are all written by Beosboxboy
List of all Maxis acknowledged Cheats
Dr. Know-It-All's Diatribe No.1. - The Downloads Folder.
Dr. Know-It-All's Diatribe No.2. - Installing Downloads.
General Help for Windows and Games
How to use Task Manager to end programmes
FAQ's Written by Vampyre
FAQ: University - EP1
FAQ: Nightlife - EP2
FAQ: Open For Business - EP3
FAQ: Pets - EP4
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:17:05 pm by Serafina » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:38:41 pm »

-Create a Sim with Bodyshop-
If you have installed the Sims 2, you already have Bodyshop installed. To launch it, just go to your EA Games folder from the Start Menu. You will see The Sims 2 Bodyshop, click that. It will load, and when it does it gives you the option to Create Sims or Objects. Choose Create Sims From there, you are taken to a screen with a pictures of sims. You can clone of them or create something new. If you want to clone a sim, select the sim you want to clone and click the icon with two sim figures and a check mark on it. Now all you need to do is make it so the sim is the way you want him/her to be. To create a brand new sim, launch bodyshop as described above. When you reachthe screen with the different sims, click on the big box with the Plus (+) init. Here, you'll see on the left various things like gender, age, fitness, etc. Just click on them to customize your sim the way you want them to be.

-Create a Sim in Game-
Creating a Sim in the game is a bit different then using bodyshop. To create a sim in the game, you need to launch it. From there, choose the neighborhood you want the Sim(s) to live in. When the neighborhood loads, you'll see the family bin on the bottom. You should see a big button to the left with a family and a plus (+) sign on it. Click it to start creating your family. Just like in bodyshop, you'll see various things to the right. Instead of pictures, they are numbers. Click on the numbers for the different clothes, genetics, etc for your sim. Small Note: If you have made more then one sim, make sure you set the familyrelationships before leaving or it will complain that you didn't.

Sims' Personality
When you make a sim, you get to choose their personality. This allows them tobe nice, neat, active and so on. This is usually based off of theirastrological sign. Changing the skills changes their sign. Below you'll findout about their different traits of sims.

Star Signs and Personality
When you create a sim you are supposed to give them an astrological sign. Below is a chart of the different signs and which traits are associated with that sign.

The way to read it is if the number is lower it is closer to the first trait listed. For example Sagittarius has only 2 points under sloppy - neat therefore they are closer to the sloppy end of the scale.

Neat vs. Sloppy
Sloppy Sims have the habit of not picking up after themselves, flushing the toilet or making the bed. Neat Sims have no problem doing that, taking out the trash, or cleaning up rotten food. If you have a sloppy sim, it's best to hire a maid

Shy vs. Outgoing
Shy sims don't like to socialize much with other sims. They much prefer tostick to themselves. This also allows their social bar to decrease at a slowerrate. Outgoing sims love to talk to other sims. These types of sims also havethe habit of saying something every time they enter a room with other sims. Asim who is very outgoing will enter a hot tub naked.

Active vs. Lazy
Lazy sims just want to lounge on the couch and watch TV. They don't much carefor any physical activity such as working out. A lazy sim who watches TV tendsto get more fun from it then an active sim. Active sims like to work out orgo swimming. Active sims also have the ability to run anywhere even if it isonly a few feet in front of them.

Serious vs. Playful
Serious sims don't like to 'play'. Instead, they find it more fun to play chessthen to be tickled. Usually a serious sim will earn logical skills faster thenany other sim as well. Playful sims love to tickle people and be tickled. Theyget more social from playing then a serious sim would.

Grouchy vs. Nice
Grouchy sims have a very hard time getting along with other sims. These arethe type of sims that like to poke your sim and cause fights. These sims also have the option to prank call someone but only if you have no points in this area. Nice sims on the other hand, have no problem making friends.

* starsigns.JPG (82.81 KB, 900x417 - viewed 1010 times.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:30:32 pm by Serafina » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:45:45 pm »

Aspirations
In the Sims 2 your Sims have what are called aspirations. In short it is what the sim wants to do with their life. From romance to knowledge, to family there is something for every sim. In order to succeed in their lives they have wants and fears. Wants are positives, and fears of course and negatives. Wants and fears each have an aspiration point value and they affect the Aspiration Meter.

Sims' Motives

Hunger
Sims need to eat. If the hunger bar reaches zero, then your sim dies. To keep it up, all you need to do is feed your sim by having them cooksomething then eating it.

Hygiene
As the day goes on, your sim will slowly lose hygiene. Working out, Peeing their pants, and being thrown up on by baies all makes them losetheir hygiene. Have the sim take a shower or a bath to raise the hygiene level. If one is not avliable then the sim will sponge bathe in a sink.

Environment
This tells you how much your sim likes the room. If it gets too low, theycomplain about it. If the room is dirty they are not happy! Cheap items also makes the score low. In order to improve it,you need to fix whatever is broken, clean up the room they are in or just addbetter items like paintings or new furniture.

Fun
If your sims' fun gets too low they will not do anything until it is raised. You also can have a sim play a game.

Social
The more outgoing the sim is, the more they want to talk to other sims. If itgets too low, a social bunny will drop from the sky. Make sure your sims get plenty of interaction with other sims to prevent a visit from the social bunny.

Bladder
The bladder meter just tells you when your sim needs to go to the bathroom. Sims are usually pretty smart and go to the bathroom on their own. If a sim fails to go to the bathroom, they will pee their pants, causing their hygiene to be zero. Drinking coffee and being pregnant will make your sims bladder need to be emptied more often.
NOTE: You have to see the sims pee their pants at least once... its quite hilarious Cheesy

Energy
This tells you how tired your sim is. If a sim gets their bar in the red, they will pass out wherever they are and sleep there. In order to prevent that, you can have the sim drink coffee, nap on a couch/chair or even go to bed. Doing workouts and swimming will make them need to sleep even faster.

Comfort
Comfort is important because it can raise your sims' energy bar faster. This will increase every time a sim sleeps or sits down. The better quality of theo bject the sim uses, the faster their energy and comfort goes up.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:15:34 pm by Serafina » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 03:52:15 pm »

Family Aspiration
General Information: A family aspiration sim wants to get married, have kids, and grandkids. They are happiest with big happy families.

Family Meter Level:
Teenager Platinum - Shining Example
Gold - Pride and JoyTop
Green - Good Son / Darling Daughter
Bottom Green - Routine Relative
Top Red - Bad Seed
Bottom Red - Family Flunk Out

Adult Platinum - Family Rock
Gold - Role Model
Top Green - Good Influence
Bottom Green - Solid Provider
Top Red - Brood Bungler
Bottom Red - Black Sheep

Elder Platinum - Town Father / Mother
Gold - Patriarch / MatriarchTop
Green - Sire / Matron
Bottom Green - Sweet Old CootTop
Red - Grumpy Gramps / Grams
Bottom Red - Creepy Crank / Crone

Desperation Action
When the Family aspiration sim is in the bottom red, they will pull out a sack of flour. The bag of flour has a face painted on it. They will cuddle and rock it like a real child.

High Scoring Wants
Get Engaged. +5000 Aspiration
Get Married. +8000 Aspiration
Have a Baby. +8000 Aspiration
Teach to Walk. +5000 Aspiration
Teach to Talk. +5000 Aspiration
Teach Potty Training. +5000 Aspiration
Help with homework. +5000 Aspiration
Get a Grandchild. +8000 Aspiration
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:15:45 pm by Serafina » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 03:59:39 pm »

Knowledge Aspiration
General Information: Knowledge sims are ones that are interested learning, aliens , and ghosts. They want to explore everything and learn as much as they can. Knowledge sims enjoy maximizing a skill and strive to achieve that on them all.

Knowledge Meter Level
Teenager-Platinum - Young Genius
Gold - Whiz Kid
Top Green - Smarty Pants
Bottom Green - Solid Student
Top Red - Addled Adolescent
Bottom Red - Dense Dunce

Adult-Platinum - Savant Supreme
Gold - Impressive Intellect
Top Green - Free Thinker
Bottom Green - Brainstrecher
Top Red - Silly Goose
Bottom Red - Incredible Ignoramus

Elder-Platinum - Senior Sage
Gold - Wizened Wise One
Top Green - Mature Mastermind
Bottom Green - Well Read Whitehair
Top Red - Decaying Dullardto
Bottom Red - Senile Simpleton

Desperation Action
When this sim gets low on aspiration, they will pull out a ball that has a faceand looks like a graduate. They will then proceed to talk to it until they raise their aspiration or you do.

High Scoring Wants:
Ask for homework help. +2500 Aspiration
Get A+ Report Card. +3000 Aspiration
Maximize a skill. +8000 Aspiration
Meet Aliens. +8000 Aspiration
See a ghost. +3000 Aspiration
Reach the top of the Science Career
Maximize all skills. +30,000 Aspiration
Be saved from death. +8000 Aspiration
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:15:01 pm by Serafina » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:42:21 am »

Popularity Aspiration
General Information: Popularity Sims enjoy chatting people up, making new friends, throwing parties, and just being social in general.
Popularity Meter Level:
Teenager
Platinum - Teen Idol
Gold - Mr./Mrs. Popularity
Top Green - Stylin' Scenester
Bottom Green - One of the Gang
Top Red - Maladjusted Misfit
Bottom Red - Abject Reject

Adult

Platinum - Local Hero/Heroine
Gold - Noted Notable
Top Green - Real Somebody
Bottom Green - Man about the Town/Woman about the Town
Top Red - Left-Out Loner
Bottom Red - Wretched Outcast

Elder

Platinum - Senior Socialite
Gold - Gray Eminence
Top Green - Long-Time Luminary
Bottom Green - Aging Acquaintance
Top Red - Has-Been
Bottom Red - Forgotten Foggy

Desperation Action
When this sim gets low on aspiration, they will pull out a cup with a face Then they will begin to talk to it.

High Scoring Wants:Have a great party. +5000 AspirationHave 3 best friends. +8000 AspirationSell a Masterpiece. +6000 AspirationWin a Fight. +5000 AspirationReach the top of the Politics Career. +15000 Aspiration.Reach the top of the Athletics Career. +15000 Aspiration.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 11:45:47 am by Serafina » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 11:52:53 am »

Fortune Aspiration
Money is the greatest thing in the world to a fortune sim. It's all they care about. A fortune sim strives in trying to find the highest paying job. These Sims also value possessions. They will want a lot of material belongs in order to be happy. They also enjoy marrying Sims who are already rich!
Fortune Meter Level

Teenager
Platinum - Future Financier
Gold - Junior Achiever
Top Green - Early Bird
Bottom Green - Mini-Miser
Top Red - Trapped Out Teen
Bottom Red - Pitiful Parasite

Adult
Platinum - Moolah Mogul
Gold - Cash Machine
Top Green - Big Cheese
Bottom Green - Bacon Bringer
Top Red - No-Account Nickel Monkey
Bottom Red - Penniless Peon

Elder
Platinum - Towering Tycoon
Gold - Fat Cat
Top Green - Affluent Ancient
Bottom Green - Creaky Cash-Bringer
Top Red - Spent Spendthrift
Bottom Red - Doddering Deadbeat

Desperation ActionWhen this sim type is in the red too long, they will begin to beg for money.They will head outside with a cup that rattles and a cardboard sign with their symbol for money (simolean).

High Scoring Wants
Be an Overachiever. +8000 Aspiration
Big Bonus. +5000 Aspiration
Marry a rich Sim. +15000 Aspiration
Earn $50,000. + 10,000 Aspiration
Reach the top of the Athletics Career [FONT='Times New Roman']+15000 Aspiration[/FONT]
Reach the top of the Business Career [FONT='Times New Roman']+15000 Aspiration[/FONT]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 11:59:19 am »

Romance Aspiration
The life goal of a romance sim is to have many loves and relationships. They are more suited for not being married.

Romance Meter Levels:
Teenager
Platinum - Major Heartthrob
Gold - Total Babe
Top Green - Hottie
Bottom Green - Hormonal Hurricane
Top Red - Wallflower
Bottom Red - Lonely Loser

Adult
Platinum - Don Juan / Femme Fatale
Gold - Love Machine
Top Green - Lusty Lover
Bottom Green - Hopeless Romantic
Top Red - Cold Fish
Bottom Red - Total Turn off

Elder
Platinum - Fiery Fossil
Gold - Silver Fox
Top Green - Sexy Senior
Bottom Green - Old Flame
Top Red - Dirty Old Man / Woman
Bottom Red - Burned out Cinder

Desperation Action
When a Romance sim is in the bottom red for their Aspiration, they will pullout a mop. The mop has a face that's painted on a plate, they will talk to it and dance with it.

High Scoring Wants
Have very first kiss. +8000 Aspiraton
WooHoo. +3500 Aspiration
Have 2 loves at once. +8000 Aspiration
WooHoo with 3 different Sims. +8000 Aspiration
Reach the top of the Slacker Career. +15000 Aspiration

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 12:04:01 pm »

Toddlers/Children's Aspiration

A child doesn't have an aspiration per say. Their goal is to grow up. All toddlers and children will have this until they reach a teen.There you can choose what aspiration you want them to have.

Aspiration Meter Level
Toddler
Platinum - Miracle Mite
Gold - Precocious Preschooler
Top Green - Little Wonder
Bottom Green - Diaper Filler
Top Red - Hectic Handful
Bottom Red - Rotten Rugrat

Aspiration Meter Level
Child
Platinum - Child Prodigy
Gold - Wonder Boy/Girl
Top Green - Gifted Kid
Bottom Green - Typical Tyke
Top Red - Bothersome Brat
Bottom Red - Neglected Nightmare

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »

Aspiration Reward Objects
There are Aspiration Reward Objects in The Sims 2 and there are likely to be more even more expansion packs get brought out. Once the points are spent you lose them so spend carefully. Some items cost alot of points.

Money Tree
Costs 3000 Aspiration Points
Number of Uses: Unlimited
In a discovery that sent shockwaves through the parent community, scientists at the institute of Sim Botanical Studies have found that money does indeed grow on trees... as long as one keeps them watered.Use in Gold Aspiration or above - Get $40Use below Gold Aspiration - Get $1
Noodlesoother
Costs 5000 Aspiration Points
Shrouded in mystery, the Noodlesoother's mood elevating effects are well documented but poorly understood. Some maintain that the weak electrical current it generates produces euphoria and contentment. Still others content that the Noodlesoother contains transdermal Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors. A third school swears that the helmet's tiny, gloved hands and googly eyes are positively adorable.Use in Gold Aspiration or above - Boosts mood but also lowers motives faster.Use below Gold Aspiration - Makes your sim pass out.

Pasteur's HomoGenius Smart Milk
Costs 7500 Aspiraion points
This item only has 5 Uses after that you must buy a new one
Is your toddler moving slowly through a fast-paced world? Get their mental engine in overdrive with Smart Milk! After a Smart Milk bottle-feeding, your little guy or gal will start learning to walk, talk and potty-train like an Olympian.Use in Gold Aspiration or above - Your toddler will learn to walk, go potty and talk faster than usual.Use below Gold Aspiration - Toddler will lose a skill point.

Cool Shades
Costs 10,000 Aspiration points
This item has only 5 uses after that purchase another
Eyes are the windows to the soul, and these Cool Shades provide the most effective window-dressings for your Sim's inner cool. Socially awkward? Just slip on some stylish eyewear and power your way smoothly though any social interaction.Use in Gold Aspiration or above - Your next social interaction will be more successful.Use below Gold Aspiration - Next social interaction will be the same as it would have been, making the Cool Shades have no effect at all.

The Eclectic and Engimatic Energizer -
Costs 14,000 Aspiration points
This item only has 5 uses
Does your Sim need a little pick-me-up? The technology that powers The Energizer is puzzle wrapped in an enigma, held together with copious amounts of duct tape and bits of twine, and reported to be beyond the ken of mortal Sims. Bit all you need to know is that a quick visit to the Energizer will get your Sim's motor running! Only five uses allowed for this addictive item.Use in Gold Aspiration or above - All needs maxed outUse below Gold Aspiration - All needs emptied

Thinking Cap
Costs - 16,000 Aspiration points
This item can be used for a total of 24 sim hours then a new one must be perchased
Also known as "Thinking Person's Silly-Hat-With-A-Lightbulb," the Thinking Cap allows for a free flow of ideas in both directions, increasing skill building abilities and the ability to both teach and learn. Wear with caution - extended use of the Thinking Cap may cause enervation, loss of skills, and possible surface burns to the scalp.Use in Gold Aspiration or above - You will learn skills much faster than normal.Use below Gold Aspiration - Your sim will pass out and lose a skill point.

SimVac
Cost - 17,500 Aspiration Points
This item has 5 uses after that buy another
The SimVac puts the "suck" in succubus! Equip your Sim with the SimVac, and look for an unwitting victim ... err ... we mean, a willing individual with whom you share a friendly rivalry. Operate the SimVac on them and watch as you... liberate ... their Aspirations an Skills and make them your own.Use in Gold Aspiration or above - Steals Aspiration or skill points from your target sim. Relationships will go down so don't use it on a close friend/family member.Use below Gold Aspiration - Target sim will steal skill/aspiration points from you. Motives go down.

Love Tub - Cost - 20,000 Aspiration Points
The effects of the love tub only last for 4 hours after that it can still be used as a regular hot tub.
Who can resist the sensual appeal of soft lighting, warm water, and sizzling romance? Just about no one if they're soaking with your Sim in the Love Tub, that's who! No need to check to see if your Sim's skin is getting pruny, either ... when the candles go outs, it's time to retire to a private place. Ahhhh yeah!Use in Gold Aspiration or above - Relationships are easier to form.Use below Gold Aspiration - No negative effects.

Elixir of Life
Cost - 30,580
This item only allows 5 uses after 5 another must be purchased
Perfect for those who like their idle water-cooler chats to go on for ages... literally! Gather round this decorative glass urn and sip the sweet nectar of prolonged youth as your Sims resists aging.Use in Gold Aspiration or above - Makes your sim three days youngerUse below Gold Aspiration - Makes your sim three days older. May cause elders to die if they were to die within three days of death.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 12:52:15 pm by Serafina » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 12:33:38 pm »

Career Rewards Objects
Every career has its own reward object which you unlock after reaching the top of the career. Some of these objects are very useful! All career reward items are free but you are limited to one item per person per career.

Enterprise Office Concepts Bushmaster Tele-Prompter
Career - Politics
Fun : 5+ Charisma

TraumaTime "Incision Precision" Surgical Training Station
Career - Medicine
+Mechanical

Execuputter
Career - Business
Fun 4+ Charisma

Exerto Punching Bag
Career - Athletic
Fun 6+ Body

SensoTwitch Lie Finder
Career - Criminal
+ Creative

Exerto Selfflog Obstacle Course
Career - Military
+ Body

AquaGreen Hydroponic Garden
Career - Slacker
+ Creativity
You also can get money from this object

Prints Charming Fingerprint Scanner
Career - Law Enforcement
Fun : 4+ Cleaning

Schokolade 890 Chocolate Manufacturing Facility
Career - Culinary
Fun : 1+ CookingYou also make money from this object.

SimSanto Inc. Biotech Station
Career - Science
+ Logic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 01:48:46 pm »

[COLOR=darkslategray]A Sims' Life[/COLOR][/FONT]
Aging and Death
The new aspect in the Sims 2 is the fact sims can grow old and pass away. During each stage, you have a set amount of days before your sim will age to the next stage of life. You can prevent your sims from aging by using the"aging off" cheat. You also can help increase the number of days your sims has left by drinking the "Elixir of Life". This will allow your sims to have 3 days added to their life when it is used right.
Death in the Sims 2 just doesn't occur from old age. You can die from being sick as well as being scared to death. As each sims die, they will leave behind  an urn or a tombstone. If the sim died while in platinum, their tombstone will be gold with their aspiration on it. This will only happen if they are of old age.

Ghost Colors
As a sim dies, they are usually assigned a color - depending on how they died.
Below are the colors of the sims' ghost when they died from anything other then old age.
Pink - A sim was scared to death by another ghost.
Green - A sim died from a disease or a cold left untreated.
Yellow - a Sim died while trying to repair an electrical item. They now have sparks coming from their body as they walk around.
Blue - A Sim was drowned to death. They will walk around your house leaving puddles of water.
Orange - Your sim was killed by a satellite.
Purple - Your sim was killed by a swarm of flies.
Red - Your sim died in a fire. They will have smoke coming off of them.
White - Your sim died of old age.
White but Transparent - Your Sim died on hunger. They will steal food from yourfridge, thus depleting your own supplies.

Ghost Actions
When a Ghost comes back to haunt you, they will usually leave some sign for youto let you know that they were there. The Ghost will do these actions as they haunt your house
- Turn on/offTV/Stereo for you to see.
Ghost also love to make the toy teddy bear's head spin around.
You also may see a Ghost lift a dinning room chair, even if your sim is in one.
They may causing a tub to fill with water -- This will be dirty if they are in a bad mood. For example, selling their items or have a simre-marry. Flowers and shrubs tend to die if a Ghost is around.
Ghosts also love to make the Incision Precision dummy and xylophone move by itself.
Ghosts will play with the microwave if you have one. They will cause it to float as well as open the door by itself. Also don't be surprised if you see a broken lamp in your house from a ghost. That will happen if you put them into a bad mood.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: