Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 09:57:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collars not appearing in Inventory.  (Read 5638 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Shpookiecat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 07:32:09 pm »

Just be sure you have enough floor space around the mirror for the pet to come to the Sims side to "place the collar". I just figured it out for the first time myself last night. I place a maxis mirror (my custom ones didn't seem to work) on an empty wall in an empty room, had my current sim click on the mirror and clicked "change appearance of pet", my sim called the cat over (stood to the left but not sure if that makes a big deal or not), and then the change appearance menu came up, and was able to put the collar on the cat and also changed his colour (was pretty ugly to begin with).

bleubeari

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 09:31:03 am »

I'm having this same problem. I went downtown, bought the collars, got home, they didn't show. Went back downtown and it showed them as already purchased and in my dresser. I'm going to try removing all hacks and see if that fixes it.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 09:41:03 am »

You don't put the collars on with the dresser but with the mirror.
bleubeari

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 10:23:01 am »

Yes, I realize this. What I'm saying is that downtown, they show as being purchased, just like when you purchase new clothes? But when you return home, go to the mirror to change pets appearance, right? The window comes to change colors, etc. but tells you that you don't have any collars,or if its a pet you already owned from cas, it only shows the collar you got in cas. You go back downtown and they still show as being purchased.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 11:02:33 am »

Then you may have purchased the wrong size color for the pet in the case of a dog...or the wrong type collar, a dog collar for a cat or cat collar for a dog.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 04:29:28 am »

I saw a bug report of this somewhere, collars not being properly added to the inventory/wardrobe of the family.  I will try to find it again and see if there was a explanation or solution.

It is possible that you have a conflicting mod/hack.  I would try disabling all the mods/hacks with Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and try to put the collar on the pet.  If it works you know there is a conflicting mod, if not, it points to a new bug.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 04:56:38 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;563395
Then you may have purchased the wrong size color for the pet in the case of a dog...or the wrong type collar, a dog collar for a cat or cat collar for a dog.

Ive done that so many times!

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 07:03:58 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;565113
I saw a bug report of this somewhere, collars not being properly added to the inventory/wardrobe of the family.  I will try to find it again and see if there was a explanation or solution.

It is possible that you have a conflicting mod/hack.  I would try disabling all the mods/hacks with Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and try to put the collar on the pet.  If it works you know there is a conflicting mod, if not, it points to a new bug.

I tried everything, buying every collar in every size, disabeling all CC, nothing works. I guess it was a bug. I havent tried it since i installed the patch so i may have to have another look.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
M.Puff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 06:53:10 pm »

*sighs* This is the exact problem I'm having right now.  I bought the collars for my little dogs (I bought two of both the small sized collars and the large sized ones, just in case) but when I go to the change appearance it acts like I never bought them.  All of my hacks/mods are up to date for Seasons, so I'm not sure if that's what causing the issue, but I'd think that it'd be fine -_-

Anyone ever figure out what the problem was?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: