Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:46:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: After The Fallout - Chapter 19 now up 4/10/07  (Read 49853 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2006, 04:05:46 pm »

Chapter One - NY

Chapter Two - Enter Viracocha

Chapter Three - Upstate New York

Chapter 4 - The Tunnels

Chapter 5 - Darlin Hit Town

Chapter 6 - The Blacksmith

Chapter 7 - Queen Arachnia

Chapter 8 Zargon and Darlyn

Chapter 9 Tunnells

Chapter 10 - Around Manhattan

Chapter 11 - Into the Web

Chapter 12 - The Sewers

Chapter 13 - Skirmish!

Chapter 14 - Vampire!!

Chapter 15 - The Witch

Chapter 16 - Queen Arachnia

Chapter 17 - The Battle

Chapter 19 - Battle Aftermath

Nobody knows how or why the bombs went off. All that we know for sure is that they did. History? We're not even certain what was real and what's just a story.

Our grandparents generation huddled together in underground cellars, shelters, sewers....any place they could find. Those who survived found the surface unfit for life. The world as they had known it was gone. Our parents generation ventured outside. Most of them found death. Radioactive hot spots...mutants...and worse. Our generation...we're almost like Noah landing his arc. The hot-spots are alot fewer. The other dangers are still there, too. And of course, being human...we're dangerous to ourselves. Society has been broken down to something like hunter-gatherer tribes. It doesn't take a genius to realize that it's easier to kill a man and take his possessions than it is to acrue those possesions on your own. This is a time with no laws, and no one to enforce them if there were.

I'm fairly lucky. Sawbones is the defacto leader of our little crew. He can fix things.

Set broken bones. Treat deseases. People come to him for that. Others leave him alone for that same reason. Why kill someone you might need? Usually people repay him with some sort of item. Food, weapons, fuel. Whatever they can. He doesn't turn away people who can't. He saved Dead-eye's life. Even though he was just a minor-mutant, nobody else would have taken him in.

We don't call him Dead-eye because of his messed up eyes though.

We call him Dead-eye because he can shoot a vampire-bug off your neck from 30 feet without so much as nicking your skin. Burn, yeah....nick no. He's pretty good with his fists, too. Don't say anything to him about his pink nail polish. Sawbones had a tough time fixing the shattered jaw of the last guy who did.

Then there's Two-lou.

Don't let those innocent eyes fool you.

She knows how to protect herself.

She's like a little sister to me. I think that would bother her to hear that. I think she has other idea's about me.

And finally,

There's me. Zargon. And this is my story.

Zargon Karras was the winner of the "Lights, Camera, Action" contest....

******** to be continued********
Chapter One - NY

Chapter Two - Enter Viracocha

Chapter Three - Upstate New York

Chapter 4 - The Tunnels

Chapter 5 - Darlin Hit Town

Chapter 6 - The Blacksmith

Chapter 7 - Queen Arachnia

Chapter 8 Zargon and Darlyn

Chapter 9 Tunnells

Chapter 10 - Around Manhattan

Chapter 11 - Into the Web

Chapter 12 - The Sewers

Chapter 13 - Skirmish!

Chapter 14 - Vampire!!

Chapter 15 - The Witch

I'd like to thank Serafina for allowing Tallulah to appear
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=25006

Also - the beast in the first picture has been greatly based on Aman-Ra's creation - here - http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=10911

Thanks to Inyri Jax, Decora Chroi, Starlucid, and everyone else who's posted Sim Stories. And my sincere applogies to those writers who's stories I haven't read, I will try. Thanks to all the creators who make STUFF to make this possible.

And especially thanks to anyone who reads it!

Chapter one and two should be up tonight or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:59:46 pm by The Mule » Logged

Yes...its the same Mule as before
Lost4Eva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:08:59 pm »

Nice intro! Cheesy

"Its not about being who everyone else
wants you to be, Its about being yourself
and finding someone who loves every bit of it"

MySpace:geek:
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:18:17 pm »

Mule she looks great! I can't wait to see where this story goes! Thank you for using my creation!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:26:20 pm »

Cool start! looking forward to more Smiley

oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 04:32:26 pm »

looking good

LAX is whats up.
Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:23:36 pm »

its so good to see zargon, cant wait for next installment.good work ol'boy.

Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 06:27:35 pm »

Ohhh! Looks good, Mule!
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 07:36:12 pm »

New York City

Sawbones: Well boys, how was the hunting today?

Deadeye: Better than usual. Track rabbits seem to be migrating north for some reason. We got a good haul and set some traps. We ain't starving this week.

Zargon: We miss anything good here, Sawbones? Any new job rumors?

Deadeye: And did little miss Joan of Arc here manage to stay out of trouble....

Two-Lou: C'mon Deadeye, you know I don't look for it...I can't help it if the cowboys out there think I'm easy prey....

Deadeye: Oh....like those Coney Island hybrids...you remember, the ones who used to own all that morphine....the ones who came....

Sawbones: That morphine kept you out of pain all those times you were shot! If she hadn't stolen it...well....you very well could have died. Not to mention all the other people I've had to use it for....people who paid us with better food than track rabbit!

Anyways....yeah...there was a runner from up from 13th Street. I guess part of the rail tunnel collapsed. Then they were attacked by mutants. They're offering 5 gallons of oil per man mercenary work.

Deadeye: And how is anyone who manages to survive going to get out with 5 gallons of oil? Are they offering a truck too?

Two-Lou: Does he find the negative in everything?
Deadeye: Besides, we're woefully low on ammo. If anything, we need to head up to see Smitty tomorrow. Else we're sitting ducks for the mutants after they plow through those pussy 13th Street squaters.

Zargon: Well that would explain the track-rabbit migration. If the mutants are attacking down on 13th Street, I think we better make this a group excursion. Too dangerous staying here without Deadeye and me.

Two-Lou: Zargon that's so sweet how you have concern for my safety.
Zargon: Um...yeah, Sawbones' safety too. We're the only family we got, and we're alot stronger together. We leave first thing in the morning.

And with that - our quartet begins a journey down the subway....

Coming soon - Chapter Two - Enter Viracocha
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:47:09 pm by The Mule » Logged

~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 07:43:12 pm »

Looking good!!

Thanks to Inyri Jax, Decora Chroi, Starlucid, and everyone else who's posted Sim Stories. And my sincere applogies to those writers who's stories I haven't read, I will try. Thanks to all the creators who make STUFF to make this possible.

And you are more than welcome *blush*  You made my day with that thank you.

May I make a small suggestion?  When you have someone speak, bold their name.  I know I keep forgetting to do it myself, but it makes it easier to read.  Smiley
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 07:44:49 pm »

I was thinking that same thing as I read through the post....thanks...any suggestions you have would be welcome. I'll re-edit that now.

DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 07:51:18 pm »

Very good Mule, interesting, original and you pay good attention to detail. Im hooked! Wink

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 08:09:03 pm »

Whoa! very very cool!  It's my kind of story! sort of badlands and vampires mix can't wait for more!

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 08:39:24 pm »

Cool! Very interestng Mule.. my type of story as well. Mutants, wastelands, sounds like Starcraft, my favorite game. ^^
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 09:44:15 pm »

Viracocha: These pesky mortals are proving to be more robust than I previously anticipated. The firestorm should have been the end of them. Instead they secrete themselves into tunnels away from the deadly radiation.

Their society has broken down and it actually makes them more difficult to eradicate!

But I have other tools in place....agents who also wish to see the end of these pests! I shall not fail in this task.

Banishment is not an option. I will defeat them even if I have to do it myself!

***Writers Note - "Viracocha" as he appears in this story is in no way, shape, or form to be representative of the Incan diety of the same name. I personally find the Incan stories fascinating and simply borrowed the name for fictional use. ***
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:33:05 am by The Mule » Logged

DLMulsow
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 09:50:04 pm »

Wow, awesome pictures Mule!  BOOOOO to the red looking dude!  Yay, to the pretty dark haired girl!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: