Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:56:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Screen of Death - Help  (Read 15138 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RaynePoodle

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:18:53 pm »

Oh yay!!!

Off topic: Does anyone know what would cause my game screen to go totally blue, with no warning? The little hourglass spins around and around, sometimes for 10 minutes or more... before going back to the game, or worse, my moniter shuts off, I hear a warning message pop up om the screen (which I can never see cause it's black and won't come back till I restart.). This is really frustrating, because I have to save all the time, and that takes time itself. So does restarting my whole system, even though it's pretty quick. Reloading the game isn't, because I have so many downloads... if someone can help, that would be awesome!

YAY for InSim almost ready for Pets!

Rayne Poodle

:hello2: Do you love Robert Jordans' Wheel of Time Series?
Visit Us Here
http://www.astuteart.net/patterns/phpBB2/
CynicalSim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 02:15:28 am »

That's a good question, Rayne, because mine is doing that too. Tongue  Maybe post it in another section and we can see if it is happening with others' games as well and what might be done. Smiley

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
                        Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
                   Our Angel: http://sids-network.org/fp/jacob.htm
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 03:06:13 am »

moved to help Smiley

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 03:12:20 am »

I believe this is related to another request of your's Rayne.  Check out my reply on http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=28145
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 03:13:29 am »

Are you shutting down background tasks when you run your game?
It sounds to me like your not having enough "free memory".  I used to have this problem when before and once I learned how to close background tasks I had no more problems.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
RaynePoodle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 10:10:37 pm »

Background tasks are shut off... as much as they can be... it doesn't make my game run any faster either. It's all stuttery. *sigh*

And I saw that reply ancienthighway... but I don't have that much free time, that just sounds like it'll take a long time... and I am way too busy at work. Besides, I thought that having subfolders in the downloads folder wouldn't work... I heard that somewhere, a while ago.......

Rayne Poodle

Visit Us Here
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 09:24:39 am »

Quote from: RaynePoodle
And I saw that reply ancienthighway... but I don't have that much free time, that just sounds like it'll take a long time... and I am way too busy at work.

That's no reason to start a second thread for the same problem, RaynePoodle. Let's keep all discussions of the same problem confined to one place, okay?

Thanks.
gk4495

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 07:11:43 pm »

I had the same problem with OFB.  I was hoping they had fixed the problem in Pets, but I guess they didn't.  I upped my RAM to 2 gig and have not had the problem since.  Read somewhere that it is some kind of memory loop thing and more ram fixes it.
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 08:07:11 pm »

Quote from: gk4495
I had the same problem with OFB.  I was hoping they had fixed the problem in Pets, but I guess they didn't.  I upped my RAM to 2 gig and have not had the problem since.  Read somewhere that it is some kind of memory loop thing and more ram fixes it.

Yup! I was just going to say the same thing, i was having the same problem until i updated both my memory and video card!! My machine runs very well now, no more problems. Its expensive but thats what you may have to do.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
BettyB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 09:34:39 pm »

I get the BSOD as well, but mine is caused by my sprint wireless card. My screen goes totaly blue and then says it doing the physical memory dump.  So my problem has nothing to do with the game persay, it has something to do with the drivers. That may help alittle bit, I guess.
RaynePoodle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 11:36:42 pm »

Rogue, I didn't mean to post the same thing twice, I mentioned the problem at different times, just in passing, in another thread, and both of them got moved here, into their own topics... So, I didn't really start them myself.

And I know it's not my video card... that's brand new... and a really expensive one too... I don't know if my motherboard can hold more RAM though... I'll have to ask my hubby... he is the comp genius. But he doesn't play Sims2... normally I don't have a problem fixing whatever is wrong with it myself.... I even help my mom with hers... but once in a blue screen tongue I need help :lol

Rayne Poodle

Visit Us Here
PhoeniX27J

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 12:37:42 pm »

I'd thought I pop in and out of this forum...try this driver if you have a Nvidia videocard...driver 71.89...This BSOD happens to alot of people and I can't help much with that problem since I never had a BSOD with the Sims 2...actually only once did I ever get a BSOD on this machine...for more info you can try MTS site...
RaynePoodle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 01:57:52 pm »

I've got all updated drivers for my video card already. That is one of the first things I do.

Rayne Poodle

Visit Us Here
StellaBaby

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 02:09:13 pm »

If i run mine in full screen mode, If you press the start (windows logo) thingy it would go to the desktop and then when you try to re load, it would take about 15 mins and go totally blue.
Does it just do it randomly or what?

::smilieiforgetwhi::lol ::smilieiforgetwhi::
PhoeniX27J

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 05:34:58 am »

I didn't mean you have to update your drivers to the newest...but go back to driver 71.89...this is actually an older driver...
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: