Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:55:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I need a mesh?!  (Read 2960 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nuga

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2006, 11:57:46 am »

Dude, I just asked the most stupid question ever. And now I'll ask it again. Do I need a mesh? Where is the mesh? ...I won't ask what is a mesh, no. I probably should ask that too.

Okay so I started working on this swimming suit and I edited the alpha bmp file... does that now mean I need a mesh since I edited it? ...where the hell do I get a mesh... I started thinking this since when I re-loaded the project in BodyShop, it didn't show the swimming suit in the preview but some other clothing. @_o

Help me, slap me or marry me before I mess up my work.

I have my AIM (username; sweetannanicole) online by the way if you don't wanna try explain it here.

First of all, don't touch my avatar. Seriously.

:lurk:
Second of all... my signature sucks.
howardlpeters

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 01:36:25 pm »

Well...it sounds like you've made a mess of things.  You must have grabbed the wrong alpha when you were doing you edit.  A recolor is just changing the texture file and saving it.  No way you'd get another clothing item replacing your file unless you altered the wrong alpha and saved it on top of the swim suit you were trying to alter.  If the outfit you want to change is showing up in BodyShop, you already have the mesh or else it wouldn't show up at all.  Try the process again and be very careful that the file you open in Projects is the same file you saved in BodyShop.  Good Luck.

"Those late for dinner will not be served a fruit cup."

I'm Baaaaack!
Nuga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 02:54:16 pm »

-adds a picture-

It looks fine in the smaller previews and in the create-a-sim section but the bigger previews are all some other clothings. That's why I'm confused about it.

I'd probably need someone test it in their game but I don't know anyone here.

* image.jpg (90.36 KB, 889x322 - viewed 158 times.)

First of all, don't touch my avatar. Seriously.

:lurk:
Second of all... my signature sucks.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:31:39 pm »

Oh that is a common problem in BodyShop when you make any underwear things.  For reasons known only to EA this occurs every time I reopen an underwear project and forgot to make it a casual outfit also.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
simbilly305

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 06:43:20 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy
...this occurs every time I reopen an underwear project and forgot to make it a casual outfit also.

Aww...  And all this time I thought it was just because you had an underwear fetish Cheesy
Franky

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 04:48:43 am »

Quote from: simbilly305
Aww...  And all this time I thought it was just because you had an underwear fetish Cheesy

:laugh:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 02:55:51 pm »

Quote from: simbilly305

shush!  not in front of the children! Cheesy

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: