Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:39:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Paintings: Anne Boleyn  (Read 8158 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alexasrosa

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2006, 01:02:14 pm »

:sign5:
Guess you didn't expect this quite so soon... but hei..I had some free time, and this girl was already in my "to do" list.

So here she is:

Anne Boleyn was probably born in the year 1501 or 1502 in Bickling Hall in NorthfolkAnne grew up in France. She worked the household of Mary, Henry VIII's sister, who was married to Louis XII of France.Anne was a lady in waiting to Henry's wife, Queen Catherine of Aragon.Henry wanted Anne to be his mistress, but Anne refused. Anne told him she would be his wife, not his mistress. In 1527 Henry tried to get his marriage annulled so that he could marry Anne. In January of 1533 Henry and Anne were married in secret, she was crowned queen on June 1. On September 7, Anne gave birth to Princess Elizabeth.
She had two other pregnancies but the children were either stillborn or she miscarried. By then Henry was interested in another woman Jane Seymour. She would become his third wife.
On May 2, 1536, Anne was arrested and charged with incest, adultery, and plotting to murder the King. The charges were false. She was beheaded on May 19, 1536.

A quote from the Venetian Ambassador said she was 'not one of the handsomest women in the world...'. She was considered moderately pretty. But, one must consider what 'pretty' was in the 16th century. Anne was the opposite of the pale, blonde-haired, blue-eyed image of beauty. She had dark, olive-colored skin, thick dark brown hair and dark brown eyes which often appeared black. Those large dark eyes were often singled out in descriptions of Anne. She clearly used them, and the fascination they aroused, to her advantage whenever possible.
She was of average height, had small breasts and a long, elegant neck.

After all this BIG history lesson (hope I got that all right) here are the meshes needed:

Mesh Dress ballroomdance 301105 - Sims2_Fashion
http://www.sim2-fashion.de/datenbank/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=610

Mesh Head Piece: Tiara Princess (Acessories) http://www.pronupsims.net/

Hope you like her !:grin:

* af_AnneBoleyn.zip (1009.11 KB - downloaded 366 times.)
* f_BoleynHair.zip (419.33 KB - downloaded 298 times.)
* f_BoleynTiara.zip (27.68 KB - downloaded 302 times.)

* AnneBoleyn full.jpg (242.17 KB, 501x692 - viewed 935 times.)

* AnneBoleyn Detail.jpg (176.64 KB, 344x598 - viewed 1090 times.)

* AnneBoleyn.jpg (452.91 KB, 986x414 - viewed 970 times.)

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:59:05 pm »

Alexa you did a marvelous job doll!
HermioneG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 04:09:40 pm »

Thank you! She looks amazing! I am also a big fan of the "historical pictures" series! I'm looking forward to the next "royal"!:clapp:

By the pricking of my thumbs,
something wicked this way comes...
Must be true,
because the translation of my last name means "evil"
thrstonlovi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 05:30:49 pm »

If I remember the research I did on Henry VIII and his six wives from 1986-1987, the background information you have presented is correct.  Some historians put her birth as late as 1507, but the majority believe the year of her birth is 1502.

As far as the sim, the work you have done to create her is beautiful.  Thank you for sharing.

Follow your dreams and enjoy the trip.
child_of_air

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 06:19:40 pm »

That was quick! Thank you! (I wouldn't mind if you did Henry the 8th now either!) Wink
Lytough

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 07:22:23 pm »

Wow, I'm impressed. Excellent work!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Ozzucay ~ Rest In Peace ~ You will always be in our thoughts
Jude1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 09:53:36 pm »

She looks amazing.Thanks for sharing her.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 11:04:43 pm »

Fantástico!!!! I love it!!! Yay!!! I can even think of my nex story to write.....hehehe....

I used to be Nyxie
Doomangelsc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 11:52:44 pm »

OMG it was just yesterday I was begging for Anne.  Oh an I like the french hood.  I've done alot of reading on her and that time period and I'm always trying to work my sims around them.  

I second the request for Henry VIII, I know he wouldn't be an easy task.  Hehe the thought of maybe killing him instead of his 2 wives sounds appealing.  You've done a great job Alexasrosa.  I will be waiting for your next submit.
alexasrosa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 04:05:06 pm »

Thanks !:love2:

Tell you what: find me a mesh for him and I'll do it in a day. I have everything ready for him (and for his other wives) but...I cannot find the mesh! If you look at his portraits, you can see that he has a very distinctive style and it would be useless to make a costume without the proper mesh.

:crybaby:  I wish I could make a mesh... there are so many things I have on my list...

fancyroy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 11:40:20 am »

thanks for sharing these
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: