Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:08:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much time do you spend on houses?  (Read 20666 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
poppy_123

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2008, 02:14:01 pm »

I have spent around 1 week so far on a new house i am making for my newly-wed couple to move into and start a family it is all kitted out and has every top of the noch thing you could buy.

I always spend at least 1hour or 2on a room to make it look nice. It might sound weird but its what you have done at the end of the day.

.X.  Cheesy
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 06:25:58 pm »

Wowie. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to throw together a small nice house and furnish it. If I want a big house, it takes around 45 minutes. Wow, I'm fast. Lol. But sometimes I'm lazy and build some then leave and come back and work on it later on.

I just build a pretty big two story house and it took me 50 minutes, longer than I thought. IT took me so long because I kept screwing up on the building the walls part and I couldn't find the wallpaper I wanted.

I'll post pictures soon. It's a colorful house, but a few rooms are the same color.

Walk-in Hallway is Orange.
Living Room is blue.
Kitchen is Pink. (It's like pink and grey . It's awesome!)
Play room is Orange also.
Bathroom is Purple.
The daughter's room is Pink.
Extra Room for Boys is Blue. (I'm in gen. 3 and still no boys born.)
Upstairs hallway is Orange.
Grandparent's Bedroom is Green and wood colored.
Current Parents room is Baby Blue.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:22:45 pm by Jelzi » Logged

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2009, 11:19:29 am »

If I am building for a Sim I like, it usually takes me 2-3 days. Of course I can always move them to house previously modelled for someone else, but then it is not going to be unique, is it. Furnishing is not that hard, the hardest part is to build having in mind how their lives are going to evolve and taking into consideration the kids to be born and all.

The last house I built was for a bishonen couple with 3 kids. The idea was to build an enclosed (sort of) garden whereas the rest of the house would be extended around it. Well, the house ended up quite big for my taste and not very impressive, and the garden is relaxing but kinda small. It took me 3 days to finish it off and move the family in, but there is no other house like that in the whole neighbourhood. Quite satisfied with the results but I think I could had done better.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2009, 11:35:13 am »

I despise building houses. I have zero creativity when it comes to them. If I don't chuck my Sims in a premade house that I downloaded or one from Maxis, then I spend about 10 minutes throwing together a crappy house for them. But after spending two hours on the Sims, I no longer can be arsed to build them a house, too. LOL.

My other ride is a chocobo.
saowens
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2009, 12:34:49 pm »

For me it can take from 5 hours or so up to about 50 hours. It just depends on what type of house it is. I usually build them on a foundation with a basement and attached garage so that can take some time. This is just build time. It doesn't include the outside lot decorations or anything like that.

I remember one house that I built with three floors and a basement.
Coming out of the third floor in the back was a balcony with a small pool that had a water slide down into a pool that was in the basement of the house. The pool in the basement had a square island in the middle where the sims could get out of the pool. Then they took an elevator up to the first floor. That one took me forever to finish. It was pretty interesting watching the sims swim up the water slide though.

I've still got that house on an old pc somewhere. If the mood strikes me sometime I'll fire it up and try to post some pictures of it.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2009, 01:49:25 pm »

For me it's usually a day for a house, a couple of days for the apartments, and up to a week for the bigger projects, like the castle apartment http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,94405.0.html and my unfinished new project.  the unfinished really just needs to be set up, the structure is done.  It's huge though and it's hard to get back into a huge project when you've had to set it aside for months.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
mrnapolean1
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 12:23:02 am »

my current dell laptop (due to graphics) wont let spend no more than 30 mins on a single house. cool
so i tend to speedbuild.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 12:24:05 am »

I'm just too dang fussy. I can nitpick a house into the wee hours of the morning. LOL.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 09:01:22 am »

I wish I had the patience to build a really big cool house that would take weeks to build. But unfortunately I either take a pre-made maxis home and build a few extra rooms or I build a house that looks like a box. If I try to patiently build a cool house it ends up looking really crappy because in the end my patience is gone and I rush it. tongue
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2009, 09:20:28 am »

For me it's usually a day for a house, a couple of days for the apartments, and up to a week for the bigger projects, like the castle apartment http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,94405.0.html and my unfinished new project. 

Okay, gratz for your patience, and I mean it. For the life of me, I could never *ever* start a Castle project, no matter how intriguing the style, the location, the background story, who was going to live there and all. It takes me 2-3 days to build a proper 3x4 or 4x4 house, and still there are times the results do not fully satisfy me.  But to build something that huge...

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2009, 09:30:30 am »

I can nitpick a house into the wee hours of the morning. LOL.

I'm the same way. Sometimes, if I don't have to work the next day, I find myself behind my computer at four or five in the morning and go: "Wow, is it morning already?"

When it comes to timetable, it depends what kind of house I'm making. Sometimes it takes 2-3 days, sometimes a week or even more if it's a really big project, especially if I have to find specific stuff for the house or make them myself. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: