Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:12:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: How much time do you spend on houses?  (Read 20658 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dr Pony

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 02:56:48 pm »

Building the house and foundations takes me two hours tops.

But when it comes to the interior I am so fussy and picky.

Going through my too big dls trying to get the perfect lamp that harmonizes with the wallpaper but doesn't clash with the floor or overpower the endtable that its on.

And only a few rooms am I usually satisfied with :angry7:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 07:31:03 pm by Dr Pony » Logged

Away until futher notice
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 03:02:14 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway
Gorgeous house Joy!  Just remember, you're a woman.  It's your job to be a nitpicker :grin:

Thanks, ancient!

I must be doing a good job of nitpicking then. I've also been told I'm a good nag, and a make a good mom (even though I have no kids) :laugh:

Quote from: Dr Pony
But when it comes to the interior I am so fussy and picky.

Going through my too big dls trying to get the perfect lamp that harmonizes with the wallpaper but doesn't class with the floor or overpower the endtable that its on.

And only a few rooms am I usually satisfied with

It's gotta be a girl thing! :sign5:

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 09:05:12 pm »

I too spend a lot of time building, 3-4 days is not unusual for me. I have to get everything just so. Each room has to be co-ordinated. Pictures have to be hung, rugs picked out. No detail is too small to overlook. Each room has a specific purpose too, music room, study,games room, play room, and they all have to co-ordinate as well.
My most fustrating part-I always forget to put a fireplace in, and then I have to start all over!

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
julechristine

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 09:09:27 pm »

It will take me hours to complete a house.  Then I play it, and make changes as I play.
Lilwen

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 10:05:30 am »

caffeinated.joy what a beautiful house, i spend anything up to two days on building a house

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.It's  already tomorrow in Australia " (Charles Schultz)
Join the AA Today! JOIN NOW
Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 10:09:40 am »

beautiful house caffeinated joy, im a lazy bulider, i pretty much dont build. i could spend hours making a sim look just right, and then throw her or him in a maxis or downloaded house.

melissawhite69

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 04:35:37 pm »

I start with this really great idea for a house .I map out what i want it to look like and start building, my problem is i get tired of building after a while and want to play with the new house.So then i throw the rest of it together and just make adjustments ever so often as i am playing.If i didn't get so impatient I would spend more time.I think the most it has ever taken me was a day, but my houses aren't as elaberate as other's.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 07:23:04 pm »

Lol-you're all insane! Cheesy I don't build house's, because I can't! I'm so bad-I just download everybody else's then I add bits when my sims have the money (I don't use money cheats, ever)

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 07:53:47 pm »

As long as you keep coming up with those great clothes you make, I'm sure many of us will gladly share our houses with you.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 07:54:58 pm »

Quote from: Foxybaby
Lol-you're all insane! Cheesy I don't build house's, because I can't! I'm so bad-I just download everybody else's then I add bits when my sims have the money (I don't use money cheats, ever)

Yep, 'insane' is my middle name. Caffeinated Insane Joy. Cheesy

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 07:57:43 pm »

But you wear it so well Joy :grin:
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 09:29:34 pm »

I spent a week on a house while I was out on sick leave, and it's still not done. Admittedly I'm completely compulsive about decorating and landscaping and a lot of that time was spent searching the 'net for items I needed. :/

~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 11:27:53 am »

As you know it takes me weeks to finish a house. The mansion for my contest took me five weeks, and I had to force myself to finish.

I can't count how many times I have trashed the Ishkibibble house. And am about to do it again. LOL

Edit:  is that the James' house?Huh?  Oooo .... Twyla better have herself a maid! :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:30:48 am by ~*Jax*~ » Logged
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 12:31:19 pm »

Honestly, I spend less time on building a house and hours decorating the interior more. How ironic of my name...

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2006, 04:30:49 pm »

Quote from: Inyri_Jax
As you know it takes me weeks to finish a house. The mansion for my contest took me five weeks, and I had to force myself to finish.

I can't count how many times I have trashed the Ishkibibble house. And am about to do it again. LOL

Edit:  is that the James' house?Huh?  Oooo .... Twyla better have herself a maid! :laugh:

Yes, that's the James house, edition five now! lmao!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: