Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:32:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: What I'd like to see in The Sims Franchise  (Read 19648 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
leanne27_h

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 11:05:25 am »

I'd like to see all the suggestions that have been made already. Smiley Hacks make the game a whole lot better!

A Home For Baby- 4th Place
CobainFan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 05:07:15 pm »

an easier way to kill sim toddlers.

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
Warlokk
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 06:23:09 am »

2 things:

Fluid Physics on the bodies.  Skin, fat and muscle move and are affected by gravity and momentum, this should be reflected in the game too.  If console fighting games can do it, they can do it in a PC game by the 3rd generation.  I thought from the early trailers this would be in the game, but it's not (remember the video with the gal that opens her top and jumps over the sofa on her new hubby?  Fluid physics.)

Body Morph sliders.  They made them for the faces, they can make them for the bodies too, and I want just as much detail.  Like the above one, I thought this was going to be in Sims2, but it wasn't so I had to start a 2-year project to get bodyshape variety in the game.  I won't be too heartbroken if I don't have to do it again for Sims 3.

That's what I want to see... more realistic bodies and motion.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 10:33:11 pm »

Some of mine are:

1. More turn-ons and turn-offs, obviously.
2. Sim toddlers could actually interact with other toddlers.
3. Different styles of the same animations so you're not seeing the same one over and over again for the same action.
4. CC would show up with the "Randomize" button when making a sim.
5. Less exaggerated Maxis face templates, and maybe less asian ones, too. :lol:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 10:36:22 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 08:30:57 pm »

Aside from a Makin' Magic like pack, I'd love for them to make lakes, as well as pools for the sims to swim in.  I know that there's a cheat and water like terrains, but I wouldn't mind having the real thing either.  I'm tired of my "mountain roughin' it" sims swimming in a pool.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Murderdoll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2006, 12:41:39 pm »

Ive had quite a few ideas of what id love to see in maybe the sims 3 but most of them seem to be things that kill the whole custom content side of the game (which i love)
Things like proper weight loss and gain. I don't know properly how mesh making works myself but im sure it would require a whole lot of work to make custom meshes work with something like that.

Also actually having to get dried after diving into a swimming pool, or getting in the shower would be quite good. Maybe your sims would have to style their hair again? It just isn't very natural to have a sim with spikey gelled up hair to get in the shower and it stay like that...
Also hair actually growing and having to get a hair cut. Although this could cause problems for custom hair meshes... Though this would bring in the point of actually having to grow your sims hair for them to have it long, which would be realistic, but pretty tiresome if you don't want to wait. Although men having to shave could be pretty good. Like having to grow a beard rather than it just popping up from your sim looking in a mirror.

Bejac

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2006, 12:26:08 pm »

Lots of good ideas above, and I may end up repeating some here, but my wish list goes like this:
  - yes, more "mix and match" clothing options, especially shoes and hats.  Also, perhaps, gloves, backpacks, belts, shoulderbags, sunglasses... you get the idea.
  - Transportation within the neighborhood.  Sims can walk, use a bicycle, or perhaps drive to other lots in the neighborhood.  They would still need a cab or car to go downtown, but this would add more possibilities to a Sim's daily routine.  Examples:  kids could walk to the local playground and interact with other kids; adults could slip off to the corner tavern after work and hoist a few; a Sim could run to the neighborhood drug store or grocery for a quick shopping trip instead of waiting for delivery or upsetting the routine with a trip downtown.  All this would happen in real time, of course.
  - A "useable" inventory.  By that I mean items that Sims could carry and also use while "on the go."
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2006, 11:49:20 pm »

Most of the suggestions I've seen here are great and I think show a general idea of what most sims lovers want. However, I have to say that some are way out of the realm of reality. This is a game and if the programmers put too much realism into it the game would get VERY boring. Some of the problems have been pointed out (such as why it wouldn't work to "follow" a sim to their job or have time pass properly while on a community lot). Have to style their hair each time they take a shower or bath? That would get old after only a couple times of a 4 member family each getting clean. Sims having to mow the lawn? Thank goodness I hire the gardner because my sims can't keep up with the weeds and overgrown bushes!

Personally, I think some of you need to get out the sims1 game again so you can appreciate what sims2 has given you! We used to have set faces, no make-up, much less variety in clothing, no glasses, couldn't change the hair without changing the entire face, and they didn't age at all. Yes, we would all like sims 2 to be better, but lets keep in mind how far we've come. I'm sure the next version (I'm going to have to get a new computer before a sims 3 comes out) will be even more of an improvement.

I don't really understand about all the bugs people complain about but that's probably because I have no clue about "code" and couldn't create a mod or mesh or anything else to save my life. But I have to say that EA is a BUSINESS and will most likely only do as much as they have to so they can get the product out, that's life and the way it's always going to be. On the other hand, at the same time people say "take more time to work out the bugs", there are other people saying "hurry up and give me a new expansion!" Since either way they can't win, they probably go for the money, I would.

On a more personal note, for whoever it was who said they didn't like the "crazy stuff", I do. I love ghosts, zombies, aliens, vampires, and werewolves. Come the next expansion I will most likely love plant-people. But you know what I love most about them? If you don't want to have any of the above in your game, as a sim, you don't have to. Don't buy the big telescope, don't hire the grimreaper, don't make friends with the Count or Contessa, don't make friends with a Leader of the Pack, and don't worry about it.

This is turning into a rant and I didn't mean for it to. I guess my point is for people to remember how great it is instead of what its not, and don't get too caught up in it being "real" as too much realism is not fun.
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2006, 07:29:49 am »

Quote from: Dizi;489372
On a more personal note, for whoever it was who said they didn't like the "crazy stuff", I do. I love ghosts, zombies, aliens, vampires, and werewolves. Come the next expansion I will most likely love plant-people. But you know what I love most about them? If you don't want to have any of the above in your game, as a sim, you don't have to. Don't buy the big telescope, don't hire the grimreaper, don't make friends with the Count or Contessa, don't make friends with a Leader of the Pack, and don't worry about it.
~dizi

:icon9:...The only problem I have with them in my game is that they insist on showing up without these things either way (well, except the aliens and zombies).  I mean, the grim reaper is funny and he was always cool with me, and all I think that the Pixie addition in the upcoming "Seasons" EP is a cute and great idea, but before any hacks were made to make them stop appearing, they were giving my sims a little more grief than I would've liked.  For some odd reason,  Grand Vampires were on most of my community lots, and frequently walked by my residential lots (but they were downtown, so they have a right to do that).  I found it crazy seeing them every other night!  Maybe it was just my silly game doing that to spaz me out a little.  Cheesy

It is just a game, but everyone has their own opinions of how a game should be, realistic or not.  And it's not like any idea will be used anyways, so there's not too much worrying.  Just something we'd like to possibly see!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 07:33:16 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2006, 04:37:49 pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to offend or be too forceful. I suppose I'm just really tired of hearing how bad the game is when I love it so much.

I totally suggest going to the message boards on the Exchange to have your wants be heard. Whether many believe it or not, they DO listen. They just listen to the majority. YOU might be one of the majority. I was and now I have Pets in my game.
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Sims Mod Lover
Smelling Squinge's Finger

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2006, 04:57:56 pm »

I totally suggest going to the message boards on the Exchange to have your wants be heard. Whether many believe it or not, they DO listen.
Been done. The topics about bugs and things that people are NOT happy with always get closed with barely a comment from the staff there. But discussing that is not the purpose of this topic.

Make love, not war..... and then make love again.
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2006, 06:17:21 pm »

Actually, I referring to what you do want and what you would like to see, rather than the opposite. Even if they don't want to or can't implement the changes mentioned for this current sims version, Sims3 is in the works, right? You never know.

Whether it is realism, following the sims to work, or would end up being some kind of community lot which might be a mixture of both, the Sims police idea is a very good one. I would suggest it could be expanded up for hospitals and such. Sims get sick, get pregnant, go to visit patients, whatever, and go to a clinic or hospital. I'm sure there are other venues that could be expanded upon in the same way. Schools and other work related institutions, that is.
~dizi

darkener14

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2006, 06:30:38 pm »

I do agree with dizi, the game would become very boring if there was too much realism. Isn't the game based on fantasy. From owning a successful business, vampires, werewolves, zombies, and Grim Reapers? Be serious, nothing is more fun than seeing a ghost compared to everything else you are asking for.

Children on the streets using guns and knives,
Taking drugs and each other’s lives,
Killing each other using knives and forks,
And calling each other names like dork.
"Think About It" -- Flight of the Conchords
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2006, 07:17:21 pm »

No offense taken, Dizi.  I just wanted to clear up what I had said in my first post in this thread.  And I don't completely disagree with all the supernatual stuff, it was just hard when I first installed Nightlife and having to deal with canceling random "BLEAH!" all of the time.  Since there are hacks to prevent that,  I can live with them happily.  I was just really implying that EA/Maxis can really slam you hard with them (like the uninvited yet very welcomed wolf pack leader) at times when you really just don't feel like putting up with it.  I just happened to be a random victim with a very high Vampire advertisement.  :lol:

I love that the Sims franchise brings you that unrealistic feel, yet sometimes you do want a little more to the games.  And I do agree that this is the very fact that makes the Sims the most popular game.  Heck, I wouldn't have even bought it if it was seriously a "simulation of real life!"

And to bring the topic back to what we would like to see,  I'd like to add that I would LOVE it if EA/Maxis released an object making/recoloring tool with their next installment of Sims.  Of course we had just started out with one for just editing each sims properties in Sims 1, then in Sims 2 improved it and later added Homecrafter for making walls and flooring.  The only way we can do any sort of object recoloring/creating is if we use SimPE, which is awesome for those willing to learn how to use it, but I would like to use something similar to Bodyshop where you can see what the results would look like in 3D without having to open the game.

Britpoptarts

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 12:56:31 am »

I get tired of them pitching a fit when another sim is in their way and there's room to walk around them or pitching a fit in a room with seven computers and five sims, to the point where they get up from a computer desk to yell at another sim because they want to turn the computer off.

Some autonomous bathroom behavior would be nice for sims out of diapers. How often do adults wet themselves, anyway?

Seasons seems very Vacation-esque to me. Vacation added new destinations with hot or snowy terrains, and Seasons adds a new destination but the option to have hot or rainy or autumnal or snowy interactive environments. Similar enough that I don't want a Vacation EP on top of this one. I'll make my own Vacation areas in subhoods instead. (Actually, hated Vac because it was swarming with annoying child sims, who were next to useless in sims 1, and without build/buy cheat tool, would have gone bonkers on Vac lots trying to use them as is. The mascots were even more annoying than Uni mascots, too.)

I am one of those folks who liked superstar (sorry) but part of that was covered with glamorous items in GL. I like the idea of adding a fame track, but there are more creative / fame tracks than just acting, music and fashion. Famous artists, news anchors / TV stars, authors, activists (Save the Llamas! Suffrage for Aliens! Vampire Rights! lol), serial killers (won't ever happen, but Maxis could sugarcoat this as a Bonnie and Clyde type of super Criminal mastemind fame / notoriety track), cult leaders (part of a career track, true, but underexplored...imagine a commune of tracksuit wearing, trainer-clad Scientologist types worshipping aliens due to arrive on the next comet but preparing to drink the KoolAid if the aliens don't show), performance artists (sims walking around with cans of Spam on their heads, spouting angry free verse in simlish comes to mind), etc.

Both fame and notoriety could be explored, so you could choose to live an ordinary life, or go to either extreme in Simland. Positive fame track would have pitfalls like in Superstar (paparazzi rooting through garbage, taking bad candid photos, printing gossip in newspaper (actually could make newspaper useful, and I hope weather reports are bundled into paper with new EP for poor sims), whereas notoriety could have hidden perks (being rewarded for being a grouchy personality, faster money earning, immediate (trembling!) deference and service from service personnel when shopping or dining, as if sim was a mob boss, etc.)

As far as EPs duplicated from Sims 1, I had to refresh my memory quickly. (Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, Superstar and Makin' Magic, if anyone else needs a refresher. My memory is swiss cheese lately.) I honestly don't recall what functionality LL added to the game because I bought TS1base and HD at the same time, then DDeluxe and every EP through SS, then MM (at which point I lost interest after three weeks of play).

I think HP has been bundled into the S2 base game and Uni, and hacks apparently exist that make community lot parties possible. It might be nice to make that functionality available officially, or to designate certain lots as Festival lots, where the atmosphere is always rather Mardi Gras / Festival / New Year's Eve in nature. More social interaction success, more bad behaviors, you name it. Themes could be assigned to lots so that Sims visiting lots like Londoste, the fancy restaurant, have to wear formal attire (which would make it actually useful in the game). No formals in your wardrobe? So sorry, go buy one and come back. No tie, no Lobster Thermidore for you. Likewise, gyms would require gym clothes automagically (unless they had a pool, in which case that area would be coded for swimsuits). Beach lots or public pools would require swimsuits.

Hot Date is, as noted, bundled into the new Nightlife. Unleashed is, duh, Pets. OFB duplicates a lot of CC community lot concepts explored in Sims 1 but expands upon them in a new, improved way. I already noted that I think Seasons is Vacation lite in some ways, and it ties in with the Holiday stuff pack. Vacation in the original game was child-oriented, and Family Fun already covered the crapola aspect for build/buy child needs.

I suspect that's why people keep saying MM and SS in these redundant poll-type threads. It hasn't been covered yet like the other Sims1 EPs.

I'd like it to be easier to bin hair and clothes in-game.

I'd like toddlers and elders to be less useless in the game. Why would anyone want to turn aging on for Sims they care about if their gameplay options are diminished? Let elders work, have romances, have special perks, and a useful, non-fugly wardrobe. Make it easier to correct Maxis genetic horrors on toddlers and babies in-game. And Maxis babies are awfully quiet in my game, never crying, bever experiencing needs failure, complacent about being awakened every five minutes by family members, etc. Maybe my Sim parents are godlike natural parents, but real babies cry. A lot. And guessing what the crying means is all part of the joy of childcare. Childcare services that issued warnings pre-snatch, giving Sims a chance to fix neglect states in the household, or only snatched the neglected child(ren) while ignoring the non-neglected would be swell. No slacker nannies eating all the food, playing solitaire, watching TV, pulling puerile pranks, being abrasive in interactions they initiate (sod off and go watch the kid like you were paid to do, already) and ignoring the kids, thanks. Maybe that's just my game.

Being able to walk across the street to visit neighbors within view would be awesome. They are probably saving that for Sims 3.

I'd like other animals, too, namely the ferrets they already have the mesh for. Ferrets are awesome pets. They are like a compromise between dogs and cats and smaller animals like guinea pigs. They eat catfood, play with cat toys, use litter pans, live in large cages like birds or womrats, and can be taught tricks like dogs, wear harnesses, walk on leashes, and travel around in backpacks and purses and carriers like "Designer Dogs" (if one desires). The downside is that some people don't like their scent (neglible if they are cared for), they steal (imagine the possibilities if your Sim ferret started hiding objects under the couch in the game..."Sorry, you can't drive downtown, you forgot to put the ferret up last night and your keys are under the sofa. Go get them and then you can go."), they climb, they are funny to watch when they play (dancing, play-wrestling, rolling over and general spazziness are the norm), and some do bite if improperly socialized. Fail to train your ferret and you'll get bitten, train him or her well and you can go walkies and play with them. To make it more fair, since ferrets combine a lot of cat/dog behaviors, maybe Simferrets couldn't hold jobs like dogs or cats, or breed litters (most are sold fixed in the US). For more SimFerts in your family, you have to buy them.

Ability to change stupid Aspirations. Grilled cheese my ass. I had a diligent, scientifically-minded, socially adept, popular, platinum aspiration, high influence pointed Biology major, and her lifelong dream was to gorge on dairy products. As if.

Also agree that there should only be one mayor, one Captain Hero (or Noble Heroine) per game hood. For mayors, maybe there could be some way to acknowledge equally qualified candidates, pretend there's been a vote, and then (sado)randomly assign a winner or let the winner be chosen by virtue of who has more skills, or more friends, or the highest cumulative LTR scores among their associates.

The fantasy characters are my least favourite aspects (vampires, werewolves, plant people, whatever!), but it does imply that a future EP will have other magical critters or beings, and perhaps that is when MM will be duplicated. If ever.

I've seen players ask for past Sims ages and future Sims ages elsewhere, and that might be interesting. You could opt to start a hood 100 Sim years in the past and grow it, much like a successful SimCity development, 100 Sim years intop the future. Or, more likely and perhaps better, just have separate hoods for those eras. The Medieval furniture would suddenly make a little sense. A kitschy 1950's Sim future with flying cars, rounded plexiglass domed houses and food replicators and clones and metallic outfits might be hilarious. Using collections, you could allow or disallow certain types of content in each hood, meaning no Townie Goopies walking by in neon puffer jackets and surfer shorts in 19th century Simville.

Apartments hav been noted--the Sim Bin now allows families with different surnames in the same lot, and Myne doors allow locking a keyholders, so, technically, you could have lots dedicated to duplexes and individual housing. Downside being that the sims still act as a family unit and screech if denied goodies in inaccessible areas and try to use each other's facilities. Hacks get around this, but it's hard to create the illusion without hacks. "Highrises" can be built with Maxis cheats, but building higher than 5 floors can cause bugginess. It's possible, but not easy to play. True basements would be groovy, too. Lairs / dens for vamps and weres, functional storage for Sims stuff like outgrown baby furniture (I have an attic in one house, so, as my sims aren't sure they are having another baby yet, they have stored the baby stuff rather than selling it back immediately). With weather effects, basements would be protection from windstorms/hail, power outages would require going down there to flick the power back on, plumbing leaks and floods could reduce the value of the property (you have to check the basement once in a while to prevent this), you can store gardening supplies / pantry stuff / pet stuff down there, etc. Not plausible it will be done, but we're just free-associating ideas here, right?

More stability. If your computer has the specs required, the game runs. No problems. No patches that farq the game up worse than before you patched. I read a rumour that some of the issues experienced with Pets is because it and Seasons were supposed to be one EP originally, and some coding intended for Seasons got in, and some coding meant for Pets got left out. It was too big fopr one EP, but too small for two individual EPs, so they piled on other functionalities and released them quickly, within a shorter interval and at unusual times of the year (Pets near the holidays makes sense, Seasons in Feb/March is a bit weird). This may all be completely wrong, but it was interesting to me.

Less trendiness in Maxis clothing / items (and, as seen in SS, characters) and more references to pop culture that make sense internationally. I think worldwide the Marilyn SS made more sense than the Avril and Christina SSs. Andy Warhol Sim made me ecstatically happy, though.

No stupid Maxis headgear / outfits like knight suits, bunny suits, gorilla suits, Riddick goggles, Santa hats (hello, not all of the world celebrates Christmas, and Christmas isn't snowy in Australia, etc.), or they should be hide-able in-game if the user hates them. When you fire up CAS, maybe you can get the option to have a mannequin try on the default outfits and choose to hide the crappy ones, and this could be a separate function from creating Sims. Hidden or transferred-from-normal-category crap would be moved to a bin like custom hair, and you could opt, when creating Sims, not to open that bin section. Would work sort of like collections do. So if you're looking at everyday outfits, no three pages of rabbit suits, and if you are looking at brown hair, no three pages of open and closed knight helmets. Ugh. That's not even quirky-funny, it's just being weird for the sake of being weird.

Like a poster on another forum said: "Remembered one more thing I wish from new add-ons: common sense. Even if wee little bit, such as just one mayor per city, or money as a turn-on, or that upbringing and environment actually affected development of personality, and more variety in personalities in general would be a nice thing."

Forgot to mention that. Yes, if you are going to have turn-ons and turn-offs, why aren't any of them personality-related? And if you go to the trouble of having zodiac signs, add those in as possible turn-ons. Playfulness / seriousness as a turn-on or -off. Agree about money. Having a job could be a turn-on, making it more useful not to have independently wealthy motherloded Sims lazing about jobless. Having or not having kids. Having or not having a diploma. Having or not having pets. Owning or not owning a business. Being or not being a service NPC. Age groups that appeal or don't appeal to target sims. Eye colour turn-ons and -offs, much like hair colours. Certain skills could be turn ons (like logic or creativity points) or turn offs. Some Sims will like sporty Body point sims and others will like Logical bookish Sims. Sims with similar aspirations might find that more attractive than not, or opposites might attract. Those who don't have the relevant EPs don't get those options. Give a choice of three each, rather than two and one. Hats and glasses are useless, as those can be altered in-game with a mirror. Formal wear, underwear and swim-wear are likewise useless as attractions because some creators can't bin their crap properly and there are few opportunities for unattached Sims to see each other in formal wear or swim-wear or underwear and this trigger attraction. Hair can be, too, but generally it makes more sense to change styles within the same colour bin, whereas hats, especially with Seasons hats coming, are probably going to fark up the attraction coding.

EDITED TO ADD: If you're going to use the groovy Sixties-Seventies social shortcut of "What's your sign?" then at least do elementary research about what signs are actually supposed to be compatible. The game is wrong, wrong, wrong, and learning the new wrong system is annoying, so I don't. Also, in real life, if astrology has any merit at all, your basic sun sign is the least helpful indicator of actual personality likelihoods, and it gets really titchy and complicated with other planets brought into the mix, and rising signs and so forth, so, on the whole, a useless system overall in the game, but moreso if they can't even get the basic stereotypical wisdom (about which signs get along and which don't) correct.

Attraction coding seems, for the most part, totally irrelevant in my game as to whether or not two Sims dig each other or hate each other at first sight. It could be made more useful.

I also hate the 25 points total personality coding / zodiac crap. I should be able to make Sims with more or fewer points as I see fit. I suspect this was done to thwart Perfect Sim personality reversal cheats from sims 1, where you could make a pointfree Sim and then reverse the polarity of the personality points to cheat your way to a personality maxxed Sim. You can still hack this if desired, so making us have to use 25 points exactly is a pain in the rear.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: