Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:23:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: What I'd like to see in The Sims Franchise  (Read 19660 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kevida97

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2006, 09:31:54 pm »

- More "mix and match options" for clothing. Examples: Choosing which  tie/shade of hose/color of socks to wear(and what not), if at all? Being in various states of dressing/undressing by sims adding and removing layers as mood/occasion/season dictates (such as, Sims kicking off their shoes after a hard day at work and walking around the house in bare/stockinged feet with the outfit that they are currently wearing).

- Jewlery. Have that necklace/bracelet/ring/watch be a seperate thing from the outfit.

- Make up options to include manicures/pedicures. One can decide the type of polish (for both finger and toes) and nail length (for fingers only obviously).

- Crudeness level adjustment. I occasionally play TS2 with my grand daughter and I would like a way for babies to happen the way they did in TS1 for when " youngins' " are playing and go to the "real way" when the " not so youngins' " play. Though I don't imagine that will ever be included as an option.

-First person perspective. That would give a new dimension to gaming.

-Going to a sim's job. It would be nice to actually go to a sim's job and do some stuff there. Better yet, have an option to either keep it where time goes fast in the Sim's house while they're away to work or go to the sim's work. On second thought, that's a silly idea!

-Options for making clothes as a cheaper alternative to buying them.

-Middle age life stage: That could be used as a prerequisite for certain upper job levels.

-Buying Stocks/other investments: This could be used to increase a Sim's retirement pension aside as well as paying dividends in game by putting money aside (inspired by the Milton Bradley game "Life"). Perhaps even choose the riskiness of investments that have proportional rewards for success (id est: High Risk offers High Reward Medium Risk offers Medium Reward and Low Risk offers Low Reward).

-Getting back to the "middle-aged" life-stage...
Here is an idea. If a sim has a degree that is applicable to his/her career field (or any degree at all) then that sim can "take an early retirement" at the middle age (for half income as normal) or wait until they are elders and take a "full retirement" (making the same amount of money as they did when that were working). As in real life, this gives a sim incentive to go to college.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:36:57 pm by kevida97 » Logged

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
kinneer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:08:51 pm »

Just my additions.

Clothes should have more options and combinations. Different shoes for a start would be nice. A hat option too.

Clothes rating, like object rating. Clothes have different prices and rating.

Definately more jewelry options. Some fans have already provided this but would like see official support from EA.

Accessories, like bags, unmbrellas etc.

I like see the university degree to have a different effects on jobs. I think at present, any degree will give a boost to any career path. I prefer the degree to only give career boost to matching career paths.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 10:47:57 pm »

Quote from: kinneer
Just my additions.

Clothes should have more options and combinations. Different shoes for a start would be nice. A hat option too.

Well I guess you described in two sentences what took me several of them.

Clothes rating, like object rating. Clothes have different prices and rating.

i.e. "Designer labels" would cost more than a "Wal-Mart brand". Is that a correct assessment?

Definately more jewelry options. Some fans have already provided this but would like see official support from EA.

Yeah, "official" stuff would be nice!

Accessories, like bags, unmbrellas etc.

Not a bad idea!:)

I like see the university degree to have a different effects on jobs. I think at present, any degree will give a boost to any career path. I prefer the degree to only give career boost to matching career paths.

Agreed!

Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 11:07:22 pm »

I would like to see more body types thrown into the game officially by maxis, like more buff guys/more curvy girls and much fatter people and much thinner people, just as part of the regular game, so we would not need as much cc. I would also like to see more animals, even if they did not do much but walk around, larger animals, like farm animals and zoo animals.  I would also like more selection and better matched selection of furniture, but I have to admit, on sims, they did a much better job at that than they did in the original sims games.

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 07:45:39 am »

I said it in an earlier post but I'll quote it hear do to it being more relevant here:
Quote from: kevida97

I would like to see some sort of "farming tie-in" like so:
Veggies/Grains you can either sell or add to your Sims' pantry.

Fruits that do the same as above but also have the option to put them in a
"nectar press" (ala Makin' Magic) to make nectar one can drink, sell, or add
to pantry.

Cattle/Chicken that you can either "yeild" (to get milk/eggs) or "take to
market" (to...well...you know what I am talking about) for money or pantry
restocking.

I'd also like to see realistic grocery shopping/cooking. In other words, if your sim didn't buy certain ingredients then certain dishes can't be made. Anyway just some random thoughts!

Thoughts?

kinneer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 01:26:04 pm »

i.e. "Designer labels" would cost more than a "Wal-Mart brand". Is that a correct assessment?

Something like that. For example there are different type of beds which gives different comfort ratings. Different paintings have environment rating.

I like something like that for clothes. At minimum there would be two grades. The first would a style class. A Sims can prefer sporty clothes, causal clothes etc. Clothes are already sorted by catagories but only for their use rather than as a stye. I think there is scope to expand it a bit more.

The second would be the rating for the clothes. Clothes can given from 0, cheap second hand type, to 10, exclusive designer labels. A Sim can then be rated by the style and the rating on the clothes.
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 04:55:34 pm »

Having more options for clothes is a biggie for me. I just think it would be so much better.

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
xjessxjessx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 08:24:30 pm »

-Going to a sim's job. It would be nice to actually go to a sim's job and do some stuff there. Better yet, have an option to either keep it where time goes fast in the Sim's house while they're away to work or go to the sim's work. On second thought, that's a silly idea!

Actually, when OFB was announced I sort of assumed that would have been an ability added into the game, along side with acutally owning your business. I think EA did a poor job of crossing the two. Sims wants were to actually get jobs more often than to open their own business, and when you opened a business the want of getting a job was not fulfilled. They definitely should have added the ability to go to work with the sims to businesses other than their own. Oh but wait... that would have been a logical addition to OFB and EA just can't have that now, can they? *sarcasm off* Although, I can see how difficult it would have been to code that in... it still would have been nice if they put in the extra effort. :roll:

"It's so important to make best friends in life."
- Hollow, by Pantera.
RIP DBD - A fallen metal God.
[/COLOR]
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 08:01:39 pm »

Well Jess, we might see this in TS3!:)

kinneer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 10:58:19 am »

There has been a call to follow a sim to work and play the sims while at work. They never actually implemented for the original Sims but gave us Superstar instead which gave the players some careers which can be played.

While it sounds like a nice idea to play a sim at work, I wonder if it would be that fun to do. I think it would only work well for some careers and not others. They will either have to provide contents for all careers or just some of them.

What happens when more than one sims in a family goes to work ? I have an all adult family ala "Friends" style and all work. Do I play all of them while at work ? It would make passing a single day very long.

What happens when they return ? What time do they return ? If they start at 9.00am and finish at 4.00pm. Do they return shortly after 4.00pm ? If so, what happens to other Sims in the family between 9.00am and 4.00pm ?

There are probably other questions that needs to be answered before we can see a Sims At Work expansion pack.
Sims Mod Lover
Smelling Squinge's Finger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 08:43:08 pm »

I was already thinking about this a few days ago, so I am glad this topic was created. It saves me having to create one! :lol:

I would love to see many more options connected to law enforcement. With all of my ideas, it would probably have to be a full EP. Some ideas I have had (leaving out ideas that would not be approved due to their raising the game rating above Teen) are:

• A community lot set up specially as a jail. The lot can be used for other things but the jail has to be large enough to accommodate the town's crime rate.
  • Any regular sims can be arrested and thrown in this jail where they have to wait several sim days before they can get out. Crimes would include robbery (see below), flights possibly, and trespassing (ever had a sim you ask to leave and they won't?)
  • Sims can try to break out of jail, or run/escape when the cell is opened for reasons other than release but even being successful will not have great consequences.
  • Health, hygiene, and some other motives decrease faster in jail.
  • If there are more prisoners than cells, sims have to share a cell which can result in fights. It is much more difficult to make friends with a sim in a cell than would be in the regular game. Prisoners cannot chat and make friends with the guards while locked up
  • Family can only visit sims in jail between certain hours.

• New/Expanded version of the Crime career.
  • You can break into homes at night and steal or you can steal things during parties at homes.
  • You can steal from community lots at any time.
  • There are restrictions on the size of and how much you can steal at one time (You aren't Santa Clause with a bottomless magic bag, you know).
  • Your skill level determins how skillfully you steal. If low, you trip alarms more easily. If higher you learn to disable alarms, crack safes, be a pick-poket, and other skills.
  • Chatting with other prisoners while in jail is what helps boost your criminal skill level.

• Stolen items remain in your inventory until you put them somewhere. If you are caught with stolen items on you by the police or by the owner of the items, you are arrested and sent to jail.
  • The only way for a thief to make money is to sell the items stolen, but after selling stolen items, you may get your house raided looking for other stolen items (like a stolen item being sold at a pawn shop and being traced back to the seller).

• Hire guards at night to stop trash-can kickers and during any time to catch thieves at parties. Or call to have them drive by regularly which does not do the job as well but does not cost you anything.
  • Guards and new SWAT members are NPC's and can sometimes be your neighbors who have the Law career.
  • If the guard is caught sleeping on the job and you catch them, they can be demoted or fired from their job and you get your money back for the time the person worked.

• Lots of new law-enforcement related objects and outfits.
  • Introduction of banks.
  • Sims can deposit money and gain interest.
  • Criminals can rob banks if they are skilled enough.

[/LIST]

What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 05:53:34 pm by Sims Mod Lover » Logged

Make love, not war..... and then make love again.
kinneer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 04:01:03 pm »

Interesting idea although I am not sure if a whole expansion pack, The Sims 2, Life Of Crime, should be dedicated.

The shop lifting idea is great and I think it would have been nice to have that OFB. Maybe it is I have not tried.

As for the hired guards, I think that would be better served by having a guard dog instead using The Sims 2 Pets. I don't have The Sims 2 Pets do I don't know if its there but I do recall in The Sims Unleashed, the pet dog could stop animals from dustbin diving.
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 04:15:41 pm »

Yeah, I hthink you can have gaurd dogs. They seemed to have put a lot more effort into Pets then they did to previous EPs

-Gemma-
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 08:22:57 pm »

Good ideas there Sims Mod Lover!
That sounds somewhat like a Simcity/The Sims tie-in! Now THAT'S what I'd like to see. If more sims are working and spending money then there's more tax money going around for services such as police and fire fighting. The more tax money collected, the faster and better the services are. Of course if there is no business built in either the comercial or industrial sectors, then there aren't as many jobs to go around. What does everyone think about that?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 07:03:48 pm by kevida97 » Logged

kinneer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 01:45:19 pm »

Quote from: kevida97;427175
Good ideas there Sims Mod Lover!
That sounds somewhat like a Simcity/The Sims tie-in! Now THAT'S what I'd like to see. If more sims are working and spending money then there's more tax money going around for services such as police and fire fighting. The more tsx money collected, the faster and better the dervices are. Of course if there is no business built in either the coomercial or industrial sectors, then there aren't as many jobs to go around. What does everyone think about that?

I remember there was a game under development called The Sims Towns. I think this was done after The Sims and probably was the sequel to The Sims. It got canned for various reasons and we got The Sims 2, probably borned from the ashes of The Sims Towns. Shame really as the time it sounded really good. I think one of the that could be done was to visit friends rather than just inviting them to you house. I can't be sure as it was a  while a go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: