Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:57:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: What I'd like to see in The Sims Franchise  (Read 19652 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 07:05:29 pm »

That was called "Simsville". What it looked like was a combination of a watered down Sim City and a watered down version of The Sims.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 07:21:51 pm »

I think it would be cool if they somehow put in a one night stand option so you don't have to be in love with a sim to do WooHoo.
Otherwise, I LOVE the sims and I really don't see too much more they could put into it without needing like 2 disks or something.

New account --> 2*B~Weird
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 09:43:01 am »

Quote from: Ferdrya747;434790
I think it would be cool if they somehow put in a one night stand option so you don't have to be in love with a sim to do WooHoo.
Otherwise, I LOVE the sims and I really don't see too much more they could put into it without needing like 2 disks or something.

Well there IS a casual romance mod somewhere that let's you do that. There of course still has to be a positive relationship score but love/crush feelings aren't required. Albeit, it's not an "official" release.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 09:47:00 am by kevida97 » Logged

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 11:11:25 am »

Interesting... :idea1:

Okay,  here's what I'd like to see:

1)  More musical objects.  Personally, as a musician myself, I'm kind of offended that there aren't but four types of instruments to make a band.  Not to mention the fact that there are only three types of performance songs to choose from.  Add a saxophone and other wind/string instruments to the game and I'll be really happy!

2)  Better Genetics.  For the love of God, the Maxis default faces have got to be the absolute WORST to work with.  You make a decent looking teen/adult, and what do you get:  ugly babies.  :angry7: If you reverse it and make an adorable toddler, the older sims tend to get some overly "good" qualities. (such as some unwanted and unintended large eyes, weird noses, and big foreheads...)

3)  Show some more love for the babies!  No need to leave them in diapers all the time.  When the new "Seasons" EP comes out (or any future sims games), what will they do but freeze to death?!  Other than adding clothes to the babies, how about making them available in the CAS or Bodyshop.  That would be interesting...

4)  More interactable objects (like better toys, more creation items similar to the OFB hobbies stations).  The game tends to get boring after seeing most of the same things, but thanks to all great modders for creating various mods and objects for Sims and Sims 2.  I would, however, like to see how Maxis would incorporate making a lot more realistic and interactable environment.  Suprise me!  :grin:

5)  A little less of the crazy stuff.  Not that I don't mind, but every expansion pack so far has had at least one supernaturally weird being.  Vampires, werewolves, occasional zombies?  Maybe if they added these as extra downloads instead of spamming the game with them constantly it would be a little more enjoyable for me, but this is just my opinion.

And finally:
6)  LESS BUGS!  I know they are inevitable in some situations, but EA/Maxis really needs to take more time in testing out products more thoroughly.  I still have a fear of buying new EPs after the horror stories and the current Bodyshop custom content issue with Pets.

:whew!:  I think that's all I have for now.  I'll probably end up thinking about some other things to add as time progresses.  (and as I grow bored with the game.)

SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 01:14:54 pm »

Guys, let's not get our hopes up...it's Maxis o.O

But yeah, I'd like to see more interactions too! *protest*

-Gemma-
DollyLlama

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 03:55:06 pm »

*I think I'd like to see more realistic aging. You have a baby who in three days becomes a toddler who in 5 days becomes a child who in 7 days becomes a teen who in 11 days becomes an Adult who in 20-something days becomes an elder..There's no middle-ground..No pre-teen..No middle-aged sims..There are Young Adults but those are only playable in University.
And along with the realistic aging, how about some realistic looking elders. The last time I saw either set of my grandparents, they don't sag.

*Genetics. I have some beautiful sims and when they reproduce, you want to run for cover because those kids becomes hideous! A little more play in the Maxis eyes. Not everyone is so cut and dry in eye color. And hair color too. Its so generic. No varying shades of red, blonde, brunette, or black.

*I'd love to go to work with my sim. Its why I loved PS2's Urbz: Sims in the City. Because I enjoyed working my sim like a dog...OFB was a huge disappointment. I love building restaurants but when you can only have 8 sims max per lot, what fun is there?

*More realistic skintones. What about a skintone for Native Americans? Or Asian sims?

*Better Maxis houses. I never buy a Maxis house because they are such quagmires. They lack space and sense.

*A better transition from day to night. What happened to dusk?

*The whole time thing. I hate that I leave a lot to go shopping and when I get back home, the time is back to what it was when I left..I've never had that happen in real-life.

*I want a motherlode cheat for real-life..

*Better family-relations..Everyone is designated family..There is no mother, father, sister, brother, half-brother, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, cousin. Its all the same. I hate that.

*A better job market.

*More realistic building options.

And I definately agree with the first person P.O.V.

Contest Lover
         Second Place in Miss Wild West
*~*Currently in: Best Bride Spring 2008 w/ Ceridwyn Douglas*~* And Picture Perfect w/ Bronwyn McDougal*~*
Sims Mod Lover
Smelling Squinge's Finger

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 04:29:05 pm »

*The whole time thing. I hate that I leave a lot to go shopping and when I get back home, the time is back to what it was when I left..I've never had that happen in real-life.
I agree! That is something I have never understood.

Make love, not war..... and then make love again.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 01:01:03 am »

*I want a motherlode cheat for real-life..

Now that would definitely help me get through college... :grin:

poisonedsodapop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 05:17:04 pm »

Hmm, I like all of the suggestions already. The only things I would like would be to bring back pretty much the whole superstar expansion pack (I really enjoyed seeing the butler slap the crazed fan) and maybe having the option of using a game controller like they did for the console version of the sims 2. Yes, I know, consoles, ick. The use of the controller really added to it but then again not everyone has a controller for their pc. I sure don't. They should also go back to their roots and make the game more customizable :devill:. Am I right? I would've liked to skin for the sims 2 but I don't have a pc powerful enough to run body shop.

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 10:51:23 pm »

What I'd like to see in The Sims Franchise = Less Bugs!

and Maxis is no more, it's been swallowed by EA and EA only cares about getting as much money as they can from us.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 11:50:40 pm »

Quote from: Sleepycat;451347
What I'd like to see in The Sims Franchise = Less Bugs!

and Maxis is no more, it's been swallowed by EA and EA only cares about getting as much money as they can from us.

Amen!  :angel:

SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 11:35:40 pm »

I would like to have money accounts.
It would be awesome to have the oppertunity to buy or rent a house instead of just the standard purchase. You're sims can pay off the house/pay the rent daily/weekly/monthly, etc. You can buy another house and rent it out for some extra cash.
SimTaarna

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 11:24:08 pm »

Well, a couple of aspects I'd like to see are kinda love/hate as far as other people's opinions go. One is how much I miss the official soda machine and McD's food cart - oh how I wanted to see both pieces of that in the offline game. Even though they were brand name tie-ins, the items were so neat. Ice cream stands, etc. Also, I wish there was a way to incorporate the stuff that was on the Sims Online into the game, because I miss it.

The other thing is some more of the mundane things - real laundry machines, watering hoses, hot water heaters, lawn mowers, etc. Sure you can get great user-made versions, but they're understandably limited on function. In my real life, the mentioned elements are everyday concerns. If we have to clean counters, how is laundry different? Smiley
Sims Mod Lover
Smelling Squinge's Finger

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 12:59:40 am »

Our clothes are magically cleaned every time that we take a bath which is why we do not need washing machines. :rofl:

Make love, not war..... and then make love again.
SimTaarna

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 08:44:59 am »

Quote from: Sims Mod Lover;455614
Our clothes are magically cleaned every time that we take a bath which is why we do not need washing machines. :rofl:

LOL - good point! (Wish that were the case in rl!) Just like how clothes never get soiled when they sit down to go potty Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: