Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 07:28:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: What I'd like to see in The Sims Franchise  (Read 19945 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
playsimlove

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2007, 06:45:35 pm »

this was said before but I also would like to see more genetic options and more body type options.  More clothing would be nice but I would like to be able to costumize my sims more
Disco Dancer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 10:17:40 pm »

:hello2:  I think they should have dryers, washing machines clothes lines etc. Some people think TS2 couldn't be any better but really it could be made alot more life like... :toothy1:
redvelvet

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2007, 06:50:55 am »

As has been mentioned more options in clothes, to be able to choose seperately for shoes and socks.
In sims for the playstation we can also change the colour of the clothes, this would be great in sims2, a bar to change the colour instead of having to download different colours.
And clothes shouldn't all cost the same price, I mean 200 simoleans for a full out fit and the same price for a top or bottom, no matter what age group or clothes section.
 Also clothes for babies, now we have seasons they need to at least look as though they are wearing warm clothes, and these should be byeable clothes that can be changed at the changing table.
 Toys for the kids, oh ya we have OFB, but toys that you can buy from the catalogue. But what would be really great is the sims actually tell us what they would like to buy, not just a painting worth 300 simoleans etc, but what painting etc.
I am sure in sims 1 we used to get a room score, now we get an environment score, But if the sims could be able to tell us what they like in a room and what they don't, and it wouldn't be the same for all sims.
 And last more Turn on and turns off, like colour eyes, colour skin, dresses or skirts, trousers or shorts, jumpers or blouses etc, that may be a bit much, but we need more turn on and turn offs.
 And in the Ask, we could ask, are you married, single etc. This would save a lot of time for people like me with poor memories.
  WE can now see other houses, and our sims have cars, but they still can't visit other houses, it would be great if we could have the option to visit a friend, a window would come up saying that the friend is either at work at this time or asleep, telling us that we can or can not visit,  also with information about the season the friend is in, so we can dress appropriately. This would be the pinicle in my game.:consuelo:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 06:55:10 am by redvelvet » Logged
redvelvet

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007, 07:00:00 am »

Brittpoptarts    said this.....No stupid Maxis headgear / outfits like knight suits, bunny suits, gorilla suits, Riddick goggles, Santa hats (hello, not all of the world celebrates Christmas, and Christmas isn't snowy in Australia, etc.), or they should be hide-able in-game if the user hates them. When you fire up CAS, maybe you can get the option to have a mannequin try on the default outfits and choose to hide the crappy ones, and this could be a separate function from creating Sims. Hidden or transferred-from-normal-category crap would be moved to a bin like custom hair, and you could opt, when creating Sims, not to open that bin section. Would work sort of like collections do. So if you're looking at everyday outfits, no three pages of rabbit suits, and if you are looking at brown hair, no three pages of open and closed knight helmets. Ugh. That's not even quirky-funny, it's just being weird for the sake of being weird.
I couldn't have said it better.
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2007, 11:22:13 am »

Perhaps, Maybe some more transportation means? I've been mulling this over and I'm thinking trains, planes, and boats? You know, have the ability to travell from neighborhood to neighborhood (I first got this idea when I bought Seasons and got the turn other sims into PlantSims hack, but then the only PlantSim being in Riverblossom) this would also make hotels a nessecity, since you can't just go and buy a house, which then arises a new concept, perhaps you CAN, like a vacation home (Not like the Vacation EP, I know many ppl despised that for the xtra useless kids, including me), but a home a way from home. Also if you make friends, perhaps you could stay at their house in their neighborhood.

With this, there would be airports, most likely subhoods, or something of the such sort. You would have hotels, terminals and runways, you could even have the little moving pathway (I Love those things Tongue) also you could have train stations, where you could board the train, and boat docks for cruise ships, also you could own a Yacht!

The hotel feature would be fairly easy, I mean, making a door, a key shelf, and you rent a key that opens a door to that hotel room. Thus you could apply the same to apartments, and rental houses. Except you pay a monthly bill, and you could have the landlor boot you out if you don't pay that  plus the regular bills.

Perhaps it could be called Sims 2 Around the World?

On the supernatural aspect, I LOVE IT! I like the werewolves the most, yet I think they could have been inmproved on, like, they grow muscles and rip out of their clothing (Perhaps like in An American Werewolf in Paris?) also, perhaps more interactions, like Maul, Fight with Wolf, and also, like if you turn another sim into a werewolf you have the beginnings of a pack, which you lead and ect.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 11:30:48 am by Arialonomus » Logged

Science makes everything sound painful.
tairourou

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 04:12:02 am »

What I'd really like to see is more complicated personalities, and maybe sub aspirations. For example, two types of romance sims: a promiscuous romance aspiration like what we have now, and a true love aspiration where the sim is terrified of affairs, wants to be with one sim their whole life, etc. This could work for knowledge too; you could have a sim who's all about supernatural knowledge, or a sim who's all about book knowledge. I also really want some kind of do-gooder aspiration, where the sim just wants to help people. Not sure how that would work, though.

I also would like to see chemistry being a bigger part of the game and based on more factors, and I'd like to see music tastes vary from one sim or another. (Lilith Pleasant might like metal, but Angela prefers New Age.)  I'd also like more parts of personality; I think that creativity and logic should be personality traits, not skills. So for example, a creative person will have an easier time learning things like playing piano, painting, writing, etc., but all of those are individual skills. Just because a sim can write a great book doesn't mean they can paint! Sims who are inherently logical would have an easier time learning how to fix things, how to play chess, etc., but they'd still have to build those skills.

Basically I just want my sims' brains to be a lot more complicated. Smiley
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 11:44:03 pm »

How about some ambience stuff?  

Like cars driving by and/or sims visiting you by car. I kinda doubt someone would walk all the way across the hood at 11 at night when it's -40 outside LOL.

More wildlife, like birds. Not just strays and those annoying wolves.   Robins, blackbirds, finches...etc  Perch on halfwalls, borders, when sims walk by they fly.  Could also have bird feeders, waterers etc.  Heck could have a badge for bird watching.  Pets Part 2

We've got rain, lighting, hail, snow.. how about wind.  On that lines, how about temperature controlled homes? Room/House heaters for winter, AC for summer.  Open/close windows to balance temps, although this would probably break all of the existing windows.  

On the line of aspirations, more types and the ability or do to effects, change aspiration, without needing to cheat.  

Oh an one of my major complaints.... Sims with different HEIGHTS... not every human is 5'10".  (yes i know it's doable with simpe... but)
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 11:47:58 pm »

Ahhh...yes! I hate how all my simmies are the same height.

I think there should be something that allows sims to actually be the firefighters or policemen that show up. I think that'd be so much more awesome.

Ohh...One more! They should be able to have an actual farm. Horses, cows, grow corn, soybeans...All that good stuff!

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2007, 04:12:55 am »

I'll add one other thing, thats been really bugging me to no end....
Reasonably goodlooking useable longhair!!!

Most of the stuff suffers from to few joints so it looks stiff rather than soft. Especially when it goes through the body.  Or when your in the hottub and it doesn't float.

This is the number one reason I don't use longhair usually.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2007, 08:20:36 am »

No stupid stuff, as redvelvet said.  
Who USES those horrible catalog cluttering garbage? The bunnysuits/armour etc? I dont even use it when I have a business lot, its just too stupid.  
When they release Sims 3 I hope they have 2 versions, one "kiddies" version for the 11 year olds who like extremely bright and wacky cartoony stuff, and one for older people with more modern and classy stuff.  
Then they can release all the EPs to slot onto whichever version you chose, one EP compatible with both versions, and you can use your discretion if you want to buy it or not. It is possible.  Theres such a giant market they have to cater to and you can't please the one without p*ssing the other off.  Its just better to separate from the start.
awtm10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2007, 03:48:33 pm »

I would like to whoop my kids, they seem to always be bad as hell. If I were a parent and I saw my child playin in the toilet, id tap those hands. I'd like more child mischief. I think kids are much worse than this, I know my sisters and my niece are. Toddler interacions with one another, they can only fight over a bottle? WOW...

If the people could have more clutter, that they place on their own. The slobs would take off clothes and throw it anywhere, then the neater sim would clean up behind them or complain about it. (Great for Teens)

OH! and family connections could be better. It be great if they had a
"The Sims Geneology" dwell on the family connections more. I know I knew my great-grandfather. It's even possible that I could have known my Great-greats. That really upsets me. Grand Aunts and Uncles. Then they could have family gatherings like an actual Christmas Season(with santa again), Thanksgiving, more family time. OOh, I like this one, random family visits!! I know I experience these here in RL.

Maybe they could fuse those to make an EP. I know my whole family gets a piece of us when we're bad. Lol. And we're always being told what to do. Parents dont have enough participation in their childrens lives.

OOH! a great Idea! A family Reunion!!! And one of the objects could be.. a stand that you can gather everyone to for pictures, everyone who participated in the picture would get one. It would come in different sizes. They could have the one taking the picture direct it. Tell people to get closer, or "Put Junior in your lap!", or call certain last names.

I love family!! As you can tell, this EP would be for the Family aspiration. After all we have NL-Pleasure/ Romance, University-Education,
Business- Money, BV-?, Pets- Popularity, and Seasons is just there for realisms...

I did not plan to write this much!!

Bartholomew's Kids
M-dogyo

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2007, 11:19:05 am »

I hope I'm making sense....

What I would really like would be to choose last names when making sims. When I'm in CAS, all the sims have to have the same last name. Ok, I know this is easy to deal with, but it's a pain. My aunts and mom didn't take their husband's last name when they got married. In CAs, all the sims have the same last name, whether you like it or not. That is excluding University...
PageCaek

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2007, 06:33:35 pm »

I'd like the tween/middle age life stages that have been mentioned earlier, and I'd like young adult to be playable to even non-college sims.

Speaking of college/uni, I'd like to see a lot of changes there. Right now playing Uni feels like a chore and most Sims I have there are doomed to remaining unplayed. I know it's more "realistic" with semesters but I'd prefer just having "years" that are two or three days long instead of having to play one or two sims for 24 sim days (Which I might add is almost as long as the average adult sim lifespan).

It'd also be nice if it was that it ran for a certain set of days, allowing people to start as early as late teen or take up a course as an adult. I'd also quite like for them to have seperate colleges/universities/vocational schools. This could also tie in with having a reliance on grades or accumulated skill points/badges for entry.

Which would bring my next point of jobs being tied to degrees. For example, in order to get past a certain level in the Law career an adult created from scratch would have to either take a break from his job and return later or go to night school in order to get a law degree.

I could probably go on much longer. I want jobs to be integrated closer to Sims everyday lives. Like the wonderful idea posted earlier about sim jails and the crime career taking on a whole new level, I'd like to see that for all jobs. Education sims would come home from work acquainted with their students, or could become university professors that students would meet.

And with sim illnesses, both contageous and genetic, sims on the medical career track could treat patients or drive ambulances.

I mention illnesses because I have a particular dislike of elders, and if there were sim illnesses like heart conditions or other ailments that would develop at middle age I'd have an easier time finding a "natural" way to off my sims before they turn old. (Well, it's either that or they make prettier elders)

I didn't expect my post to go on for that long v_v And that's without my long list of "I agree with..."
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2008, 08:06:48 pm »

Okay now that we know some of what is o going on with TS3 I am going to bump thus thread and talk more about what I would like to see. Most of this is an update from my first post on this thread.

-As far as the ability to change or go without shoes for the outfits, I think that is great but I'd like to see something more. How about a sensible relationship between underwear and regular clothes. TS2 has so many strapless dresses/tops but the women still wear bras with straps. Would it make more sense that if a sim wore a dress/top that's strapless and a bra that's not, then the strap would show? Call me crazy but that makes sense that it would happen. Of course I realy would not want to see a sim wearing a dress/top that's strapless and a bra that's not!:puke: I would, however, like to see that if a sim's undies feature some sort of hosiery (pantyhose, stocking, thigh highs, knee highs, for women and socks for men or women) and that if that sim's legs are exposed or the sim goes shoeless, then the hosiery (whatever type is applicable) would be seen. Sorry, it's just little details like that would make the clothing thing more enjoyable for me.

-Different types of degress for going to college/university. if a sim goes two years then he/she gets an Associates Degree; four years get them a Bachelor's Degree; Six years gets them a Master's; and Eight years gets the a Doctorate. With each level of degree the sims automatically get two levels in thier jobs (Associate's starts them a level two, Bachelor's starts them at level four, et cetera). That is, of course, IF "higher education" will be included in TS3

-I am told that there are more ages besides "Toddler", "Child", "Teen", "Young adult", "Adult" and "Elder". Included are "Pre-Teen"" and "Middle Age" stages as well. I hope that is true!

-Banking/Investing. A sim who "puts a little aside for a rainy day" ends up with a bigger pension upon retirement. Sims can also apply for loans but their bills are greater to reflect the expesne of loans.

-Have pets, hobbies (and all that goes with them), running businesses and weather included "from the get-go"!

-I see that growing veggies is already included and I am hoping that fishing is included too. However, I would like to see the growing of other crops and the raising of livestock happen as well. By the way, if you are offended by the raising of livestock for food then you can not include it in your game and have your sim be a vegatarian/vegan. That is, if raising livestock is included. I also hope that growing fruit is included. I would like to see that expanded to include having a vineyard to bottle..."nectar" (to coin a TS1 Makin' Magic phrase). Raising bees for honey would be cool too! Oh why not include herbs and spices! Have all this rasing of animals/plants be a cheaper alternative to buying food (albeit harder work).

- Have hunting trips as well as fishing trips. I don't mean show the killing of the animals but have the animal show up  in the sim's inventory the way fish do in TS2 Seasons. The sim can either prepare it for a meal or "mount it" (again like the fish in TS2 Seasons). Perhaps the type of weapon option can open up for a sim as his/her as the badge increases (once more the way TS2 Seasons does it).

- If sim does one type of workout then that particular body part is toned/pumped. Example, just doing armcurls will give a sim impressive arms but the gut might still be on the big side. If the workout is nothing but cardio the the sim is just slimmed down but not made muscular.

That's all that I can think of right now! Thoughts, opinions, refinments, or addendums?

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
aurorita_1788
Creepy Lurker

No. Just.... no.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2008, 04:23:22 am »

*¡¡¡MORE REALISTIC STUFF!!!
*Having the opportunity to do 2 things at the same time (eat/watch TV, sit down/talk on the phone, etc)
*As many of you said, more clothing options
*¿Maybe create a baby(not toddler) while creating a family?
*Internet for Sims!!!!!
*YA could decide wether to go to college or not (and do not punish them with become an adult!!!!)
*Maybe to be able to write what they're talking about???(for storytelling mostly)
*I agree with middle age!!
*More romantic interactions!
*More violent interactions!
*More ways to die! (heart attack, car crash, more realistic ways)
*Going to work with them also seem s like a great idea
*MORE REALISTIC INTERACTIONS!
*no pause before the next action.
AND EVERYTHING I'VE HEARD IS AN AWSOME IDEA!!!!

I THINK MAXIS SHOULD HAVE THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: