Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 07:26:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: ((update 8.8. 07)) Awakening  (Read 26423 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LadyAzmodan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 04:57:18 pm »

that was absolutely amazing Smiley - even if your game is fecked, what you did post was super! i hope you get your game up and running again soon.

Rue

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 09:53:29 pm »

Thank you so much!!! Consider this unsuspended, game runs! Will post soon Cheesy

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 10:19:18 pm »

cool!  Rue love your pictures even tho the story is great would have missed em!

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 10:32:19 pm »

PART 4: LEEF

"I'm not your enemy," said Leef, and sent it with a clear message of intent. It hit a brick wall and he hoped that the inflection in his voice had been enough. The young har was an unbound book, a half life. He hovered between one part of his existence and the next, and his inception scar was still crusted over. That meant he was new, very new and therefore, very vulnerable. Everyhar else was dead. Some of their astral bodies were outlined in the air, shocked and waiting for a guide.

Leef had seen it all before in many skirmishes and, of course, in major battles. Sometimes the dead hung around for days, waiting, waiting... for what? Did they not want to rest? It was Leef's suspicion that they were so angry their lives had ended; they were waiting for somehar to possess. How sweet life seems when it is over, even if half of it were shit. Or maybe they didn't even know they were dead. It was the ultimate self deception. "Come away," said Leef, and he grabbed the har around his torso before his hands could get anywhere near his erstwhile companion's knife. "You are not safe here."

The har repeated his warnings but Leef took no notice. He dragged him, protesting bitterly, into the nearby house and kicked the door shut. Still keeping one arm securely around the struggling har, he drew the curtains and uttered a word of power which sealed the house from psychic invasion. The waiting spirits outside couldn't move over the threshold. It solved the immediate problem. Whether the perpetrators of the massacre were still around was another matter.

Leef looked around. They were in a living room, of sorts. The odour in the house mostly resembled a pig sty, though. He could smell rotting excrement, blood and vomit. Yes, definitely the place where the young har must have gone through althaia. There were less and less suitable humans left now to undergo the process and it was unusual to find this sort of scene still. But then, Leef reasoned, they were out in the backwoods where pockets of humanity occasionally held back the inevitable. Maybe one of those renegade gangs had killed the har's companions. If so, he'd better be on his mettle.

He uprighted a chair with difficulty since the young har had regained some energy, and he pushed him down on it, kicking his feet from under him. The har sat down with an undignified crash. "Now listen to me," said Leef, "Your village is just a short cut as far as I’m concerned. I'm on my way back up north. I'm a Captain in the Parasiel army. You're the only har left in this Ag forsaken place, so you'll have to come with me, and quickly. Just accept that the whole place has died. In five minutes we are going to leave. Don't make a fuss, just do it. I don’t want to drag you all the way to Galhea, but if I have to, I will.”

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 09:11:06 pm »

PART 5: MYSTERE

I was close to screaming and kicking my feet like a toddler when the har was dragging me towards the door I had left open, and only the fact that I intended to keep my dignity prevented me from doing so. Okay, that and... crying for what seemed to have been hours didn´t leave me with much potential in my vocal cords.

Enemy or not, I didn´t care what he was saying. He made me sit down, pretty much pinning me to the chair until I submitted to the strenght of his arm, because straining as I was, I felt like my intestines had a life of their own, working against me. It was extremely unpleasant, if not painful. In my perfect little world, I would have still been in bed, being taken care of by my friends, with Kemese curled up beside me, his gentleness taking away the little pains left after the torture I had to undergo in the past few days. In reality, I was trying to catch breath, thankful of the little time his elated speech gave me.

The faint light from the table lamp enabled me to inspect the har who appeared to have claimed himself my saviour. Almost immediately I decided I didn´t like him. He certainly was beautiful, I couldn´t deny that, beautiful in the classy way of people unreachable for one so humble like me. I loved his jawbones, moving neatly as he spoke, loved his hair and the well-muscled body, covered with skin that had a tan of one who didn´t have to work in the sun, but exposed oneself to its rays for pleasure. The rest of him I didn´t like, because his facial features, the sligtly pouted lips, the nose and even the eyes, though lovely in color, showed superiority so clearly, that you either felt like a tiny worm, unworthy of his sight, or started to boil with anger. Mine was the second case. His behaviour topped it all. Ag, he was practically violating me, ordering me around, and every word that left those oh-so-soft lips was an offense! I could but shake my head in disbelief.

„Now YOU listen to ME, Captain", I stated with all the crudeness of my unfinished sixteen years of life, gazing into the face I longed to slap in that moment. „I may be young, but I am neither a baby, nor a member of your army. You have no right to... to come and be rude to me just because you can.“ I had to catch my breath and put my thoughts in order, and I tried to do so as quickly as possible, knowing that I might not come to word again if he started to oppose me. „I do realize that our tiny village is just a dot on the cartograph in your noble world. Very well, but for me it´s all I have. All I know. It´s where I found love – which you´ve apparently never experienced, because otherwise you couldn´t say what you had said. The one I loved is out there on the ground, and I am not going anywhere until I am sure he is burried, so that the animals wouldn´t rip his body apart."

I had to use the table as a support to help me raise from the chair. Standing, my words seemed to have more weight that if I appeared like the wreck I really was. „I am not afraid of you, Captain Parasiel“, I said softly, „neither am I afraid of anyone else that might still be around. Perhaps I don´t want to be saved. Have you thought about that? In fact, when you arrived, the first thing I wanted was to ask you to make it quicker for me. I have nothing to loose but my life, and that has little worth since there´s nothing I want to life for. Besides, I´m not worthy of your effort. My ritual... has not been completed. I have but a few days before I either join my tribe in death or become something you will not want as a travel companion.“

In the moment when I was finishing, something happened. A sudden sparkle inside of me, nourished by the anger I let out, flickered in my chest, enough to bring a realisation to my senses.

Or rather, two of them. The first one was, that although, as the captain had said, there was no HAR left, I hadn´t seen a single human body. There should have been some. My mother was still living in the village, and two other females with children. One of them had a girl of my age, the other had a boy younger than me who had yet to be incepted in two, maybe three years. „Mother...“ I whispered, thinking aloud. The second flash in my mind, though secondary in the moment, was nontheless important in the long run. I realised that I didn´t really want to die. But the first thing I had to do was see my mother´s house, without this stranger stopping me.

With that thought, I run for the door, pushing into it with all my power. The unexpectedness of my action gave me a few seconds and I made it for the cottage that had been my home for many years. It was only two buildings away from my new home – the village was indeed a very small spot on the face of the world, the har had been right there - so I wasn´t even having trouble breathing.

Yet I stopped my run, standing framed in the door, frozen in shock. I expected that mother wouldn´t be there. I thought that perhaps I just haven´t seen her body...or that she and the others were kidnapped...or that they managed to escape while the hara were fighting, and would be hiding somewhere in the woods... But I was fully unprepared for the sight that offered itself to me in the main room, that served as both living room and kitchen.

The furniture was still there, the round table, the chairs that my father had made before I was born, the oven, the cherry wood wardrobe... but everything else was gone. The door of the wardrobe was open to show the dark emptiness inside, as was the cupboard. There were no pans and pots, no pictures on the walls, no curtains, even the carpets and the tablecloth were gone. This was not a house of someone who had to leave in a hurry. She must have been ready for it. She must have KNOWN.

It was in that moment that I felt tears on my cheeks again, but this time I didn´t sob. I just felt my knees giving way under me.

Read my story:
Awakening
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:49 pm »

this is getting really good great update!

Solitario's Don't Die..
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 10:24:06 am »

Thank you! You keep me optimistic, otherwise i would think noone is reading this...

Read my story:
Awakening
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 10:54:01 am »

I am glad you're back!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 04:54:34 pm »

oh my goodness ... this is amazing

come on .. come on ... update please!!!!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 02:11:46 pm »

Thank you so much!!! I will!! As soon as I find out how to take pictures of some actions that are not as usual... its a pain Smiley

Read my story:
Awakening
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 09:33:26 pm »

Yay update!

PART 6 - LEEF:

“Now the thing is Desperado,” said Leef, entering the house, slamming the door shut and uttering another sealing word of power, “Is that life is a b*tch. We often have to do things we don’t want to. Like staying alive, for instance. If you don’t stop wandering to and fro some dead har is going to possess you and then your troubles will really start.”

He crouched down by the troubled har. Inception wasn’t easy. Losing your preferred partner wasn’t easy. And now this. Desperado’s family had done a buck and left the poor git to his fate. It was all rapidly assuming the proportions of a theatrical farce. Leef suppressed the urge to laugh his head off. It was neither the time nor the place. “There’s no law out here,” he continued, putting his arm around the har’s shoulder. “Only the conscience of individuals, that’s the trouble. Some hara have crap principles. But don’t blame your mother, she must have thought you’d be safer as a har. That’s why she’s gone. And if she’s gone south, there’s a human enclave down there at a place called Imbrilim. She’ll be looked after.” For as long as the Gelaming deign to do so, he thought.

The young har sniffled and shrugged off Leef’s embrace. He felt like one large bruise to the captain. Leef sat back on his heels and scanned the area. There was little activity. The only creatures in the near vicinity with blood letting on their minds were foxes and owls, so he and Desperado could afford some extra burying time. He passed Desperado a handkerchief to wipe his face with and added,

“Look, I’ll make you a deal. You stay here while I dig a hole. A very large hole.” He suppressed another laugh. For Ag’s sake, what’s the matter with you, Leef, he thought. Try and control yourself! He cleared his throat and continued. “You’ll be able to pay your respects. I don’t think there’s any imminent danger but if I sense some, we’ll have to go. And here’s something else to think about. You’ll need to take aruna with me pretty soon. That is if you don’t want to go mad. If that happens I’ll just put you down, you’ll only be an animal, after all. Then you can take a rebirth into a better situation, your choice entirely, I’m just giving you the options. Now you don’t have to like me, it’s not necessary, the same as I don’t have to like you, sweetheart. It works whatever, fortunately.” He smiled, gave a slight nod, and left the house.

In the street, three disembodied spirits were still hanging about. When they saw Leef coming, they shot off to cower in the shadows. His aura was purple and gold, and not a thing to be contended with. “Yeah, f*ck off you b*stards,” he said, in passing. “Go to hell or take a rebirth.” They were leeches and now he had to bury their bodies. They’d be stuck to this place for ages, attached by memories and unfulfilled desires. Perhaps it was better that the whole place be shut down.

He reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a small box. Thank the Ag for small mercies! It contained an arunic crystal, glowing emerald in the moonlight. Good old Chelone, he thought. Always willing and able! He focused his intent on an area of the street that was relatively clear and moved the substrate. That is to say, the enhanced focus of his energies made a large hole in the earth, after which the crystal glowed much less. He placed it back in its box and began the thankless task of dragging the bodies into the pit.

He didn’t know why he was doing such a disagreeable task. Why did he care about Desperado enough to help him? He could just leave and be back in Galhea in time for the ceremony. Couldn’t he? Damn! He grabbed another corpse by its boots and dragged it down the street towards the pit. When its right arm had the ordacity to detach itself from the blood stained torso, Leef swore and retrieved that, too.

Read my story:
Awakening
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 11:26:19 pm »

Wow! Rue I think I'm in love with Leef he is just gorgeous! Love the supernatural aspect too!

Solitario's Don't Die..
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 06:59:46 am »

Thank you star! :sign5:
Leef: I am gorgeous, aren´t I...
Mystere: Great, you just HAD TO build up his ego.

Read my story:
Awakening
Nat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 07:41:03 am »

Great story, beautiful characters and the photo's are wonderful

And Leef is a cutie

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2006, 02:38:23 pm »

*drool* yeah, I have to agree ... Leef is hot hot HOT!!!

great update btw :grin:

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: