Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:09:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: ((update 8.8. 07)) Awakening  (Read 25727 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2007, 05:06:45 am »

Have you tried updating your graphics driver. I have a amd and a geforce and the game works fine

Rue

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2007, 10:30:46 pm »

Quote from: kim;680898
Have you tried updating your graphics driver. I have a amd and a geforce and the game works fine

It seems the lastes version of drivers for Geforce 6600 is from the year 2005.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
kim

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2007, 10:57:16 pm »

rofl what operating system are you using. I know they have newer versions, but they mass produce them to where one update is for a group of a drivers at once. If you just have normal 32 bit XP then here is the latest.
If not just tell me and I'll find the one for your system

Rue

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2007, 08:27:05 am »

Quote from: kim;682169
rofl what operating system are you using. I know they have newer versions, but they mass produce them to where one update is for a group of a drivers at once. If you just have normal 32 bit XP then here is the latest.
If not just tell me and I'll find the one for your system

Thank you!!!!! I have XP proffessional.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
kim

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2007, 08:32:27 am »

Quote from: Rue;682782
Thank you!!!!! I have XP proffessional.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_93.71.html thats the one for professional if you have 64 bit

Rue

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2007, 06:56:03 pm »

It did not really help, but I finally managed to squeeze it out despite of the reboots!!!

PART 10: LEEF

“But Desperado, sweetheart,” said Leef, who was playing his aggravatingly best, “There’s an equally thin line between pain and pleasure, the same as there is between love and hate. Two sides of the coin, see. You’ll need to choose soon.” He let his breath out slowly, as Desperado took the dagger away. Leef decided he’d better be doubly on his guard. There was no telling what the young har might do in his present state, he was already hallucinating, his psyche held together only by threads of sanity and those were stretched to breaking point.

“As to the event, think of it like this. If you wanted to test out your enchantment or abilities or invention, what better place than in the middle of nowhere? And you’re right, whoever the experimenter is, they’ll want no witnesses. We should move from this place with all expediency.”

Desperado tottered around on his stick. A scene came to Leef out of the past. It was like watching an old human trying to negotiate one of their horrendous shopping malls. Leef bit his lip; it wouldn’t do to upset the youngster by laughing at him again. Really, in spite of the circumstances, he was doing as well as he could to cope with the outlandish situation and Leef was grudgingly impressed. He tested his ankle by putting all his weight on it. No pain, it was healed. Was it really only a day since he’d injured himself? Ag, time was moving quickly. He listened to the background noises. Somewhere near to the village that wasn’t, he heard a flapping noise, like wet sheets blowing in the wind. He didn’t like it one bit. Desperado was regarding his stick with suspicion and Leef put his hand on the youngster’s shoulder. “I think you’re too weak to walk three minutes, let alone twenty. You better take a ride.”

Desperado looked askance. What was the Parasiel on about now? If it was anything dirty to do with aruna, he’d stab him. But it wasn’t. The har was indicating he would give him a piggy back. Alright, then, the captain was probably correct, damn him. The Parasiel crouched down and Desperado got on his back. The captain arose with as much dignity as he could positively bleed out of the situation, and Desperado pointed a trembling hand over his shoulder in the direction of the corral.

Clouds had all but covered the moon which assumed a milky halo of light. It spilt down onto the forest and dripped through the trees. By the time Leef had arrived at the corral, he was exhausted. It was most unlike him, he was normally a strong har who could do a hard day’s work without complaint. The atmosphere was stifling, that was the problem. It was like trying to breathe in puddle water. Desperado slid off his back and landed in a heap on the ground. He looked awful. “If you’re going to throw up, do it quietly,” warned Leef, wiping his brow. “Stay here, and I’ll go and see if the horses are still stabled, although it sounds too quiet, much too rooning quiet.”

Desperado coughed a reply, and Leef took off across the scrub until he reached the wooden shack. He opened the door, slowly. At the far end of the stack stood a single chestnut mare. She was whinnying softly to herself and in a state of repressed panic. “Come on, come on here, girl,” called Leef. The horse stared at him with huge eyes. “Yes, come on now,” urged the captain. “I’m not going to hurt you, come on.”

He sent an intention of calm towards the animal and she responded, edging around the wall of the shack as if she were afraid to tread on the ground. Leef looked down. Pebbles were bouncing off the earth. It was the village all over again. For Ag’s sake! “Here, here, come on girl!” he called. After what seemed like an age, Leef’s hand tangled in the mare’s mane and he led her away quickly.

As they left the shed and crossed the short piece of ground to where Desperado lay, Leef looked back towards the forest. Trees were falling to the ground, one after the other, in a line through the canopy. Wood splintered and there was the whoosh of branches through the air and then a grating sound as they hit the ground. Leef didn’t look again. As he dragged Desperado onto the mare’s back and then leapt on himself, a thumping sound began to accompany the cacophony. He realised it was his heart. He had no idea what direction to take, he was disorientated and about to panic like the horse, but Desperado pointed towards the northwest.

“Agave, you better be right, sweetheart,” said Leef, as he pointed the mare in that direction. He didn’t need to urge her onwards; she pelted across the scrubland and burst through into the cover of the forest. Leef pulled Desperado close to him so they could duck the low hanging branches together as the mare careered onwards.

Back in the corral, the shed was sucked, shrieking and complaining, into the earth which closed over it like quicksand. After a while a figure materialised. It was at least eight foot tall and partially har. Long, scarlet hair coursed down its back in livid waves. The rest of its body from the chest downwards was contained in another dimension and so appeared to be liquid coal. The most remarkable thing about it was its eyes. They were hollow, smoking pits. It looked back along the line of devastation where a village had once stood, and grunted with satisfaction.

Read my story:
Awakening
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 06:44:31 am »

aah! i just found this today and its addictive. very good, love fantasy stories and yours is exceptional! more please!

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2007, 10:03:15 am »

oooooh .... excellent update, looking forward to some more Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Keyaira107

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2007, 12:08:14 pm »

luv the story where did u get the horse

Like my sims check out more pics of themhere
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 02:25:14 pm »

Thanks Ali!

Standing horse is a recolor of "blackbird" stallion from modthesims2
Running horse is a recolor of a horse from Thesimsresource (pay)

Read my story:
Awakening
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2007, 09:38:04 pm »

I apologize that this is so late, and the post so short, but I promise, if anyone is still reading this, an interesting twist is about to come the next time...

PART 11: MYSTERE

Despite of the turmoil behind our backs, I felt strangely comfortable. Of course, I was aware of the danger – the peace was only illusionary, the stillness in the eye of the storm. It was the touch that provided me comfort and a false sense of safety, and the warmth of another body that assured me that I wasn´t the only being left there. Something to hold on, something that told me that it wasn´t just me against the rest of the world anymore. It was the young mare, too - the only survivor of the herd, as I was the only survivor of the entire village - whose legs were carrying me away from where the whole land was dying in cramps. And of course, it was the har whose name I didn´t know – I thought him a stuck up brat, he thought me an unexperienced baby, but it didn´t really matter. He was there where I needed him to be. Maybe he felt something similar, that was the reason why he chose to carry me to the stable instead of leaving me behind and buying time for himself. If we make it out alive, we won´t mean anything to each other. Anything at all. But now, all we had was one another.

I knew the only reason why I was still in the saddle was his arm that kept pulling me so close to his body that I could take in every single muscle of his chest, firm and tough, as I could feel the horse moving under me, muscles stretching and flexing in regular intervals. When I concentrated enough, it seemed as though I was one with the two bodies, moving in their rhythm, a single being. I used the poor leftovers of my life energy to preserve that state, so that my weight wouldn´t be an obstacle for either of them, forcing my mind to stay alert. They say there´s something good about all bad things… Maybe its true, because the deafening noise scared me enough not to fall asleep. I still felt slightly nauseous, but I knew I wouldn´t womit anymore, because I was too weak even for that… and my stomach was as empty as it could be.

He had enough power for us both, but I had the knowledge of my country. Maybe he didn´t trust my judgement when I gave him the directions, but he had no choice… and maybe he did – either way, the „sweetheart“ sounded less offensive when we shot out, heading North. Avoiding the branches that threatened to hit our heads and fallen trees, nearly invisible in darkness, he lead the horse for what seemed to be ages, but might have been an hour in reality, and pulled the reigns when we reached the river. I could feel his suspicious eyes burning through my neck from behind, so I chose not to turn over my shoulder and simply pointed to the right.

„There´s a place where we can cross the river, down the stream.“ As he sped the house towards the shallow, I laid down so that my head was resting against the mare´s mane, holding on it. I knew that it would be better for the horse if we got off its back for the crossing, but I would probably drown at my current state… and I didn´t even dare to imply to the captain to do so, if I myself would stay seated. Thankfully, the mare didn´t give us a chance to consider it and threw herself into the stream with the vitality of a battle ship. Poor thing, she wanted to get away more than we did... if that was even possible.

„Our shaman used to say, when something from another realm follows you, you might want to put water between yourself and that thing. Not a sea or a lake, but streaming water, a river, possibly a waterfall.“  The words sounded stupid as I said them, and I itched to provide some further explanation that would hopefully correct my previous half-mouthed statement, but speaking had exhausted me so completely that I wasn´t able to. „It might be just a superstition, but we will still be safer on the other side. There are caves in those hills where we can hide until the sun is up.“ I half muttered into the fluff of the mane, half thought, directing the animal towards the rocky path that lead towards the hills and meandered upwards, around the massive rocks. Most of them were hiding deep caves, but some of them actually hosted more shallow ones, used as a shelter by the first people in our region thousands of years back, forgotten, and occasionally rediscovered by a tramp throughout the years.

The path itself narrowed down dangerously in the hilly area, and normally I wouldn´t dare to take a horse up there at night, under any circumstances. Now I just wanted to slide off and curl up on the floor somewhere remotely safe. Maybe a few hours later I would be able to think about what to do with the rest of my life. It would be a shame to die a few days later if we actually survived THIS. Provided we got over the …necessity… as quickly as possible, it couldn´t be much worse than what I´ve already been through.

Read my story:
Awakening
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2007, 10:32:38 pm »

PART 12: LEEF

As the path narrowed, Leef slid off the mare and walked by her side.  Desperado clung to her thick mane by his fingernails; he could barely find the strength to stay on her back.  Leef calculated that it must be around two o’clock, maybe three.  Dawn would still be a good few hours off.  Not that it would give them any more protection, thought the captain pessimistically, unless they were well hidden.  At least Desperado had enough sanity left to think of the caves.  They now came into view, black holes in the side of the hill.  Wolves patrolled the higher plateau; Leef could see their darker shapes against the inanimate matt grey of the rock.  He hoped they weren’t that territorial.  The mare pressed against the side of the gulley when she spotted them and came to a standstill.  

So there they were, out in the open with a wolf pack up ahead and Agave knew what lay behind them back in the forest.  The mare started to paw the ground and snort.  A large lupine was approaching them.  Shadowed in the gulley, it moved with silent footfalls across the rock.  Leef felt for his knife.  Before his fingers could close around the hilt, the wolf leaped from the ridge and landed in front of them.  It eyed them, the fur on its neck rising in hackles in a poise that was meant to intimidate.  It gave a warning growl.  Recent events in the forest had put all animals on guard, including the higher carnivores.  

The mare was trembling, sweat had broken out on her skin, and it was a silky sheen in the moonlight.  Desperado had started to gibber.  Leef sighed inwardly.  It just wasn’t his night, his expedition, his year, even.  He thought about using pyralis fire to deal with the wolf but quickly realised that it would only draw attention to whoever was out there decimating the area.  Instead he had an inspiration and growled back.  

The wolf growled again and Leef growled in return, this time more viciously.  It was clear neither of them were going to back down in a hurry.

Above, the night sky crackled and a portal opened into the otherlanes.  Something from the forest rose up and disappeared into it.  The smell of ozone flooded the place accompanied by the odour of burnt sugar.  The wolf relented, and rushed off up the gulley back to the caves.  Leef followed swiftly.  They were allies in adversity now.  The wolf took a route back up to the higher levels and Leef chose a cave nearer to the ground, the entrance to which was partially covered by thick brambles.  It appeared to be unoccupied and fairly spacious within.  

By the time Leef had managed to get them all inside, his clothing was torn from holding back the brambles and he looked less like a Parasiel captain and more like a labourer with every passing minute.  The cave was warm and dry; it retained the heat of the day thanks to the porous properties of the rock.  A small stream cascaded down the eastern facing wall and disappeared underground, part of the natural irrigation for the area.  The mare was already at the stream’s periphery, drinking her fill.  Then she settled down at the back of the cave, giving a snort of relief.  She felt much safer now.

Leef assessed the place.  There was moonlight coming in through cracks in the hillside wall, so that the cave was dimly lit.  In the daytime it would be quite airy and pleasant.  There were also signs of occupation, although not recently.  Some straw lay to one side, roughly shaped as bedding.  Ashes and charred wood were scattered around a natural depression in the cave's floor that must have served as a fire bowl.  Above that was another crack in the ceiling which would whisk the smoke away.  Could they risk a fire now?  It might deter the wolves from investigating and also keep them warmer.  Desperado looked to be shivering; his pants were still wet from the river crossing, as were the captain’s.  Leef chanced a look outside the cave entrance.  The atmosphere seemed to have lifted somewhat, it didn’t feel so oppressive and energy sapping.  There was a smoky appearance to the sky where the portal had opened and then closed shut that obscured some of the twinkling constellations.  The wolf pack had posted a guard.  An imposing shaggy creature, he lay on a grassy ridge opposite the cave entrance just keeping an eye on the place.  His nose was pressed against his feet and he was dozing.  Leef couldn’t feel any threat from him and thought that he might be useful should anything else come nosing around.

He went back in and gathered up the charred wood.  There was enough for a fire, especially when he’d added to it the remains of dead bramble.  He stilled his mind, conjured fire and carefully lit it. He was second level Ulani, thanks to spending some time in Immanion, courtesy of Tiahaar Swift’s alliance with the Gelaming.  He’d embraced the blossoming of his psychic abilities as enthusiastically he’d done with the honing of his martial arts skills.  In his eyes, it could only be an advantage, never mind what the Varrs used to think.  Those days were over with and now they were more civilised, supposedly.   He decided to take off his clothes and to wash them in the stream.  If they were then arranged properly near to the heat of the fire, they’d dry by the morning.  It was a good plan except for when he washed the knee of his trousers.  Then he had to stop breathing for a while as the stench of rotting bowels assailed his nostrils for the second time that night.

When he finished he did the same task for Desperado.  The poor har made little protest as his garments were summarily removed, washed and placed to dry.  Leef rearranged the straw nearer to the fire and laid Desperado down on it.  Then, without further hesitation he joined him.  The straw was old but still smelled sweet, the dry cave had preserved it and it made a pleasant bed.  

Leef lay on his side, his back towards the western wall and Desperado lay on his back.  Leef noticed that Desperado’s skin had the same sheen as the chestnut mare’s pelt.  It was velvety to the touch and very inviting.  

“My name is Leef Sariel,” he said, as his fingers played over the young har’s stomach.  “I can’t call you Desperado for much longer.  It’s undignified for a creature of your obvious breeding.”

Read my story:
Awakening
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2007, 08:08:55 am »

Nice update and fantastic photos. Love the expressions, photo composition, use of animals and realistic poses. It's amazing how you do this.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2007, 10:36:37 am »

wooooooo.... now I´m pressed!
this is like a move!... great story Wink

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2007, 09:12:46 pm »

Thank you so much!!! :toothy1:

Honestly the animals were really really killing me, they never do what I want them to (and believe it or not the fake horses are the worst. LOL)

My long period without simming is hopefully over so you can expect updates within a few days.

Read my story:
Awakening
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: