Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:47:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: **OBSOLETE** All the binned and townie-friendly eyes in one post! 42 colors!  (Read 16334 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2006, 03:33:33 pm »

This is the main collection post for all of my townie eyes. 40 of the colors are packed in one .rar, and the pink and red eyes are packed in separate .rars for townie and non-townie varieties. If you need a lengthy explanation of townie eyes and genetics, I have one posted on my MTS2 journal, here.

:director: THESE ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT DEFAULT REPLACEMENT EYES. They will work alongside your current set of default eyes. In conjunction with the default eye set, these eyes will give your randomly generated sims (including new NPCs and townies) 47 eye color possibilities. If you are using one of my default eye sets, those 5 colors will be twice as likely to appear on a randomly-generated sim (42 colors and 5 extra chances for the default colors). If you also download my freckle-linked townie eyes, you will have a grand total of 61 different eye color possibilities for your randomly-generated sims. Please note that these will only work for NEW randomly generated sims. Maxis default townies and NPCs will still use the 5 default colors.

If you would like to generate new townies or NPCs, here is a tutorial to help you on MATY (read all the comments!): http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5861.0.html

:director: The pink and red eyes come in 2 flavors: binned, or binned + townie-friendly. This is because they are fantasy colors and you may or may not want them on random non-vampire townies. Please choose one (1) version of each color, as they have the same file name, and may cause problems if you have both installed!

EYE BINNING CHART

My binning scheme is not exactly the same as the game's binning scheme. This is because very few eye creators bin their own eyes (I know I sometimes forget to bin eyes before putting them in my game), and I didn't want random rare eye colors to be always more dominant than the brown eyes I've made. I'm aware that on some computer configurations, some of the eye colors appear to be redundant. I can tell the difference on my own computer, and in the end, it's a hobby, and I'm only designing for my own setup. If you find some of the colors appear too similar to each other on your computer, just delete the superfluous colors.

Most dominant (unbinned custom eyes are at this setting by default):

Dominant:

Neutral:

Recessive:

Most recessive:

Terms of use for these textures/recolors: These files may be redistributed via shared sims, so long as those sims are available in the free section of any site, and I am credited with a link back to my profile on this site. You may not charge money or a membership fee for my files: this includes "donation files" on an otherwise free site, and sites where my files would only periodically be free.

These files may also be shared via Neighborhood 99, so long as I am properly credited.

You may RETEXTURE these files so long as your derivative works are only posted on free sites as described in the previous paragraph. Trust me - simple recolors will look pretty bad. Don't go there.

* alkaloid_townieeyes_40colors.rar (716.2 KB - downloaded 334 times.)
* INSIM_alkaloid_eyesredbinnedtownie.rar (16.18 KB - downloaded 337 times.)
* alkaloid_nontownieeyes_red_pink.rar (32.88 KB - downloaded 204 times.)

* bluegreenhazel.jpg (19.95 KB, 490x485 - viewed 513 times.)

* alkalinepreview.jpg (36.12 KB, 266x379 - viewed 552 times.)

* khaki.jpg (25.25 KB, 400x520 - viewed 561 times.)
* INSIM_alkaloid_eyespink_BINNEDTOWNIE.rar (16.66 KB - downloaded 205 times.)

* MTS2_400009_alkaloid_closeup.jpg (25.38 KB, 409x466 - viewed 554 times.)

* MTS2_405354_alkaloid_greenhazel.jpg (18.79 KB, 483x425 - viewed 555 times.)

* MTS2_423664_alkaloid_pinkgreengold.jpg (42.21 KB, 720x419 - viewed 541 times.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:02:17 pm by alkaloid » Logged

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 05:13:42 pm »

Gorgeous eyes!
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 05:30:43 pm »

Cool, that's a huge set, and I like them!
howster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 12:27:53 am »

very cool
Amun-RA
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 02:15:10 am »

Great Work.

Quote of the Year
'virtual orgasmic rape' - Kevin McCullough
Corinne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 04:40:22 am »

I love your eye sets - I think I use them on all my sims now.  Thank you for yet another great set and for making them work for townies! Yay!

LadyDanelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 12:16:02 pm »

lovely
thanks

~She was a January girl; She never let on how insane it was~
MsRomulus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 11:11:59 pm »

2 thumbs up great job thank you...use'em too much because I love'em too too much.

Hi! What is the most unusual thing you've ever had for dinner? :tongue8:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 04:05:08 pm »

Very cool!  Some great looks to be had from this assortment =)  Thanks alkaloid!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 08:35:39 am »

Aw, thanks, guys! :love2:

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 01:02:22 pm »

these are great, can never have too many eyes!!

thankies :grin:

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 06:45:17 pm »

:director: UPLOADING MY FILES TO THE EXCHANGE OR PAY SITES IS BAD KARMA.

:director: These files will be moved to the sticky post in one month.

Just two eyes in this post: pink or albino eyes, and a very vibrant green-gold hazel. They were basically the only two decent results out of a recent attempt to make some fantasy colors (btw, person who asked me, I don't think rainbow eyes will EVER look good). They are both binned (details below), and are available in either a townie/random sim variety, or a user-created sim only variety. Only download one of each color - the same color files have the same name, and the same cookiethingmagig.

My townie-friendly eyes do NOT replace default eyes. They are available to townies *in addition to* default eyes. Smiley If you'd like more townie eyes, I have some more normal colors in this post: 26 Binned and *Townie-friendly* eyes. New colors and updates for old eyes - de-Pets'd.

My binning scheme:

Most dominant: browns, blacks, etc.

Dominant: Green, dark blues, some hazels, etc.

Neutral: lighter/brighter greens and blues, some hazels, green-gold hazel.

Recessive: lightest blues and greens, greys, some moderately exotic colors, etc.

Most recessive: violet, red, novelty eyes, very exotic colors, albino eyes.

Note: If you don't like how I binned my eyes, just go into SimPE and change them. I'm not going to start setting up custom binning schemes for other people.

Terms of use for my textures/recolors: These eyes may only be redistributed via shared sims, so long as those sims are available in the free section of any site, and I am credited with a link back to my profile on this site. You may not charge money or a membership fee for my files: this includes "donation files" on an otherwise free site, and sites where my files would only periodically be free.

* INSIM_alkaloid_eyesgreengold_BINNEDTOWNIE.rar (17.82 KB - downloaded 185 times.)
* INSIM_alkaloid_eyespink_BINNEDTOWNIE.rar (16.66 KB - downloaded 190 times.)
* INSIM_alkaloid_eyesgreengold_BINNEDNOTOWNIE.rar (17.85 KB - downloaded 172 times.)
* INSIM_alkaloid_eyespink_BINNEDNOTOWNIE.rar (16.69 KB - downloaded 172 times.)

* pinkgreengold.jpg (42.21 KB, 720x419 - viewed 610 times.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:47:04 pm by alkaloid » Logged

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 04:55:00 pm »

Beautiful!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 04:28:33 pm »

Very nice!  I love colours outside the main stream!  Thank you!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 05:21:18 pm »

4 extra-dark eye colors: brown/black hazel, black/green hazel, dark brown/blue hazel, and very dark grey. They seem black from a distance, but the different colors give variety at close range. They were designed with Native American sims in mind, but they are really appropriate for any ethnic group.

Please note that these are TOWNIE-FRIENDLY eyes, and will be available to the game in addition to the default 5 eye colors to use whenever it randomly generates a sim, including the dice roll in CAS. The default sims were designed by Maxis with pre-selected eye colors; they will not be affected by these files.

Also note that these eyes are binned to work with the genetics of the game. Black/green hazel, dark brown/blue hazel, and brown/black hazel were all left at the most dominant setting. Dark grey was binned one step down, at the less dominant setting. There are a total of 5 dominance settings in the game.

For more information on my binning scheme and eye genetics in the game, please see this post: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/journal.php?do=showentry&e=1094. To learn how to make your own binned and Townie-friendly eyes, there is a tutorial here: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=204919

Terms of use for my textures/recolors: These files may only be redistributed on websites via shared sims, so long as those sims are available in the free section of any site, and I am credited with a link back to my profile on this site. You may not charge money or a membership fee for my files: this includes "donation files" on an otherwise free site, and sites where my files would only periodically be free.

These files may also be shared via Neighborhood 99, so long as I am properly credited.

Recoloring these files is strongly discouraged. You may retexture these files so long as your derivative works are only posted on free sites with a credit as described in the previous paragraph.

* alkaloid_turtleislandeyesscreenshot.jpg (55.59 KB, 700x400 - viewed 633 times.)
* alkaloid_turtleislandeyes.rar (68.81 KB - downloaded 201 times.)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: