Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:24:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bump-maps in custom meshes  (Read 2232 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Szynszyl

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2006, 10:57:25 am »

I have short question;
How to make custom mesh bump-map enabled? Tongue
Bell-bottoms for SBB interesed me... Cheesy how You made it guys? Smiley
Franky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:49:41 pm »

Don't know if I have the right answer but I usually use the texture baking method and merge the diffuse and bump textures into one...it's also a good method for adding accurate shadows...though I'm sure there is a better way.
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 06:49:11 am »

Franky, I'm interested in what you're saying but I don't really understand - I'm relatively new to Photoshop, and having a French copy is an issue when most tutorials are in English.
Could you explain what are the texture baking method and the diffuse? I usually hand paint my bumpmaps on a desaturated copy of the main texture because I don't like the results of the NVIDIA normal map filter, but it's rather a pain. Smiley

Szynszyl,
to bumpmap-enable a custom mesh you need to make it go through Skankyboy's smd exporter in SimPE:
- open the mesh, select the gmdc and click "export" in the plugin view, then choose Skankyboy's smd exporter,
- import it right back, checking the right number of assignments in the pop up window and "create bumpmap", then select "replace" in the next window.
You need to do this for each group separately if there are more than one, same for the morphs is the mesh has any (select the morph number in the first pop-up window on import).
Szynszyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 01:08:53 pm »

Marvine :arrow: It doesnt work for me Sad So I do something wrongly Tongue
And I'm not sure about bone assigments, how to recognize which number of bones per vertex should i select?

P.S Is it normal that in SimPe 3D preview when some joint is selected, any part of mesh doesn't show? It was changed in last release?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: