Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:02:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: If You're Not Playing Sims 2 What Other Game Do You Play.  (Read 186380 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2009, 08:51:27 pm »

Oh, FFXIII will be out for Xbox all right. But we're talking about FFXIII Versus here, which is a separate title (more darker plot wise) and which will be exclusively for PS3. Nomura has made it crystal clear and I seriously doubt he will change his mind. Magazine reporters keep asking the same question and he keeps giving the same answer. So, I won't avoid giving my money to Sony after all. Grrrr

Ah. I didn't realize they were two different games. What's the deal with Versus, then? (By the way, I am now insanely mad at myself for choosing the 360 over the PS3.)

My other ride is a chocobo.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2009, 08:58:04 pm »

My YouTube friend Daisuke can enlighten you a bit. Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d7Hu6SOKww&feature=PlayList&p=73EF9CFD9368D89B&index=3

Watch it full screen and in high quality.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2009, 09:02:27 pm »

I just read up on Versus, as well. It looks like I have to expand on my job search, and the first thing I buy will be a PS3. So it can sit around with all the other game systems I have, just so I can play Final Fantasy. lol.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2009, 09:13:53 pm »

Haha. You're funny!
Personally I have avoid buying game consoles as a measure of self-disciplined -- I played PS2 games in my friends consoles. This will be my first time getting a console for real. Damn you, Noctis! Cheesy

As for Xbox versus PS3, I am told PS3 is better regarding graphics and all, but then again it's Sony, and they have this "constipation" about locking games according to region and all, which can be a problem. [Even their DVD players for TV are strictly and specifically categorised for specific region. So you can't play NTSC or PAL if you're in a different region. Soooo, last Christmas we threw out of the window anything labelled Sony in our house and replaced them with Philips. Now we can buy and watch movies from all around the world. lol] 

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2009, 09:20:58 pm »

I don't have as many as others do, and I can't play the other FF games that weren't released on PS's, but I have the original PS, PS2, Nintendo 64, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance ... and the only ones I touch are the PS2 and original Xbox. It's such a waste of money.  angry Even if I do get a PS3 I will probably never touch it except to play that XIII Versus. Woo, 400 dollars for one game (that will be an extra 60, too!) ... they really find ways to take your cash, don't they?  rolleyes

And I hear you about the stupid region specific DVD players. I'm partial to my cheap 30 dollar one I was able to make region free. But that's another subject entirely ... lol.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2009, 09:30:20 pm »

Even if I do get a PS3 I will probably never touch it except to play that XIII Versus. Woo, 400 dollars for one game (that will be an extra 60, too!) ... they really find ways to take your cash, don't they?  rolleyes

Yup. Sony is going to get some real money out of FF fans and players. They should be grateful to Square-Enix, instead of robbing them percentages off their game sales. >:

My LiveJournal
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2009, 09:34:03 pm »

Even if I do get a PS3 I will probably never touch it except to play that XIII Versus. Woo, 400 dollars for one game (that will be an extra 60, too!) ... they really find ways to take your cash, don't they?  rolleyes

Yup. Sony is going to get some real money out of FF fans and players. They should be grateful to Square-Enix, instead of robbing them percentages off their game sales. >:

I think Square Enix should buy me a PS3. They owe me after X-2. No, really. I lost IQ points playing that game that I'll never get back.  Wink

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2009, 09:40:08 pm »

LOL You will lose more if you don't get rid of Tidus' story. Besides, he can't compete Cloud no matter what.

My LiveJournal
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2009, 09:41:13 pm »

Oh I already gave up on X. I went back to playing XII for a third time. LOL.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2009, 09:46:41 pm »

That was a wise decision. You won't regret it. lol

My LiveJournal
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2009, 09:50:02 pm »

I play..hmm, what do I play besides Sims?  :/
I restarted Kingdom Hearts a few days ago - on Extreme Mode for the fun of it.  It's awful  DX
I'm also in the middle of trying to beat a LOT of games:
DragonQuest VIII
Final Fantasy VIII & XII
I have a saved game for Orphan: Scion of Sorcery but haven't played in YEARS
uhm. I know I have more.
Ooh, I have an Inuyasha game.

And lately I play Guild Wars a lot.  I'm finally above level 10!  Grin

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2009, 09:57:39 pm »

Yeah, Guild Wars is by the same Korean company that produced Lineage II and don't know how much patience you've got, but it might take you forever to advance much.

If you need help with FFVIII let me know.
My favourite phrase: "Whatever." lol

My LiveJournal
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2009, 10:01:01 pm »

I have Guild Wars: Nightfall ... sadly I got it when it was brand spanking new and 70 dollars, and I played it twice. This thread is making me realize how much money I waste. I'm getting kind of depressed.  rolleyes

And I was just about to say if AxelVal needed help with XII I've played it enough to be able to help. I guess AxelVal is covered should she need help. (However, the last time I played VIII was in the 90's and I'm afraid my memory is terrible)

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2009, 11:15:11 pm »

Well I didn't mention the console games I like to play on PS2:

Blood Rayne
Sims 2 Pets
Sims 2 Castaways
EQ 2 (Can be played offline)

PSP:

Sims 2 Castaways (I take this wherever I go for my appointments and end up waiting forever to be seen)

As for the Final Fantasy series, I stopped playing after FF III when the company decided to take the FF series to the next level - online playing and subscriptions. Why should I pay to play one of my most favorite games online? And what fun is it in playing the later FF series if I heard nothing but complaints from people on other FF fan sites? *shrugs*

Nothing feels as good as playing the original FF I and II series on Nintendo. I at one time also had a PC version of the FF series (I think III) and that was it.

The absolutely worst PC games ever:

Daikitana (it's horribly designed and played.. enough said! Stevie, shame on you)
Tabula Rasa (it was good for awhile, but it gets so redundant and difficult to complete quests at higher levels but that's just my opinion)

The absolutely best PC games ever:

Quake series (up to 3 - Didn't try 4)
System Shock 2 (played SS 1 and then got SS 2 in '99 when it came out - best replay value and spooky stuff)
Max Payne
Sims 1 and 2 series
Anno 1602 and Anno 1502 (US Versions are 1602 AD and 1502 AD)
Earth Empire II
EQ 1 and 2

The above are what I personally played and liked well enough to keep on my hard drive. The others were just fleeting moments of gratification from playing the first time and second time.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2009, 11:31:13 pm »

Just a note: Only FF XI is an online game, not the previous ones. For FFVII and VIII there were also pc version, and after that ps and xbox.

My LiveJournal
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: