Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 06:17:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3?  (Read 15309 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 02:45:04 am »

It has to be PRETTY awesome to make me buy the Sims 3. I'm still struggling with my downloads for sims 2! bah!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 06:51:39 pm by Frog_Man » Logged
sade00017

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 02:54:47 am »

Thats wassup.. i heard it comes out on my birthday feb 29.... which is 2008... thats way to long to wait for a game like the sims... especially if some of yall are addicted to the sims.... but i cant wait to see how the sims 3 compares to sims 2...
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 03:36:46 am »

Short of making the game the most realistic as possible (including an M rating for adult content, etc.) and different gameplay, I don't see how "The Sims 3" could possibly be better than "The Sims 2" (think about it, what more improvements could they possibly do?  I feel they already made all the improvements from the previous "Sims 1" game that there is no other territory to explore).

Of course, this is just my opinion and I could be wrong.
haleycobb9

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 12:17:10 pm »

Hmm...

Did EA release a statement about TS3 yet? I think they should, considering how there's so much talk about it. When people were speculating on Pets, they almost immediately "leaked" plans for its development and release. Of course, they probably already had it going. Considering the pace of their expansion-pack releases, you'd think they're working on something else bigger. I heard that Maxis releases the games after a month or two of testing, then packaging, licensing, ratings, etc... but the process is still quite slow. I mean, when they have all these very talented (but lacking in fashion sense =P) programmers on staff, they should be churning out one a month!

Of course, there wouldn't be any suspense in that, would there? Hmm.

~Haley

Best friends, ex-friends to the end
Better off as lovers and not the other way around
Racing through the city, windows down
In the back of yellow checkered cars!!
~Fall Out Boy, "Bang The Doldrums"
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 03:14:22 pm »

I'm no cynic, but with Maxis - Sims 3 seems unlikely. Although, I can think of LOTS of improvements they could make. Not cyncial, but picky!

-Gemma-
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 10:58:24 pm »

Maxis dosen't exist anymore, it's EA and they just want our money. TS3 will have to be really really good for me to even consider buying it.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 02:15:21 pm »

hmmm...the only way to make sims3 take a leap in quality, the same way they did from sims1 would be...

use an engine like doom or unreal to make them frelling realistic.....
then again, they could also be setting it up for when windows vista actually gets out into the *mass* market lol, and have done a few months worth of patching Tongue

i cant see them making it adult rated, unless they want to bring out a 'singles' style version *server gods forbid*

they might actualy include some realistic genetics, rather than just doing a simple code for it, for example, a pair of sims that mate now, if both of them have custom genetics, daughters get their moms, sons get theri dads (so i have seen so far)

i think sims3 is a wee bit too far, in that they know they are gona have a large percentage of the game playing populace buying add ons for a good number of years, and that excludes the fun packs ect....i mean we had about 7 add on packs, so counting.....we have at least another 2 packs to go.....probably their sims2 version of superstar and making magic....(i mean, pets and unleashed were both number 5 cd....uni was the equiveltn of house party, and nightlife was hot date....)

knowing them, they will drag it out till 2010 lol
Dutchdude

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 05:13:16 pm »

hmmm 2008 or 2009 could be right.
Don't really know though. lol

But I do know computers will be more powerfull then and knowing EA they will milk the Sims for every $$.
So I think they will come with an Sims 3, and you will need windows vista, DX10 and much more Ram to run it.
I guess they will boost the graphics and make it even more realistic looking.

Unless a lot of people loose interrest in the Sims, there will be a Sims 3.

My selfsim can be found here: My Self Sim
My sims 2 creations can also be found here www.mygame-pages.com
Barefoot_Gen

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 07:58:32 pm »

I'll go hunt down the info about it, but I promise you that it is official.  EA's pres said 09 but in honesty its probably 2010 or 2011.  In the mean time while I hunt it down, lets all wonder about Spore.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160951.html?sid=6160951
check the 3rd paragragh

Still hunting for the official report but theres confirmation
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:07:05 pm by Barefoot_Gen » Logged

"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!" - Asuka Langley Soryu, Neon Genisis Evangelion
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 02:03:29 am »

OMG.  Another sims! It just makes me feel silly for lapping up all the sims 2 stuff!
...then again, it is kinda obvious that they'll release something new like that - the people at EA are in a black hole of sorts, since there can never be an end to the sims.  Its not like those games you buy, play and finish, so they have to keep going on and on.  To meet the demands of new consumers and keep the brand alive they must keep re-inventing it.  Its all basic marketing.  

Ill probably buy Sims 3.  Im such a sucker!
xliikewoahx31

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 07:00:31 pm »

of course i want to buy sims 3, i love anything new!

[After Highschool Life]
          JOIN! =]
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 02:31:19 pm »

Ok i like the idea of sims 3 but seriously i dont see how sims could get more advanced. yes some better and more realistic skins would be nice and maybe some things could be changed but im just starting to get the hang of how to do things for sims 2 like making custom content, i think a sims 3 is going to be a huge set back for me having to wait to get all my hacks i like for sims 3, but knowing me ill buy it anyway.

Visit Sims 2 Avenue for all of your Sims Housing Needs
[/B][/COLOR]
I'm happier than a tornader in a trailer park!
Barefoot_Gen

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 10:32:12 pm »

Big advances:

how about map where you can go anywhere? now we are restricted to travelling from one lot to another, imagine being able to visit your neighbors and wander the streets.

or

Real time- this could get a little screwy but it would be nice to have every one aging at the same time.  I was annoyed when I first played TS2 that I played a teen in a relationship to an adult, then found out that I had to go play the other lot for another extensive amount of time.  and this was before I discovered the insimenator.

and while I'm at it, nice job on the insimenator, its a role model for everyone that makes content

"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!" - Asuka Langley Soryu, Neon Genisis Evangelion
bryan87

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2006, 11:12:22 pm »

I the OnlLY PROBLEM WITH SIMS 3 is I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER VIDEO CARD! :<
SealJuice

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2006, 11:16:16 pm »

I am hoping that they find a way to make Sims2 slide seemlessly into Sims 3, like so all my current content will work with Sims3. I have 50 gigs of custom content and I am not about to abandon it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: