Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:27:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3?  (Read 15123 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimDipsy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 09:50:13 pm »

I don't see how they can top TS2.
bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2006, 05:57:41 am »

I prolly won't buy TS3. (I say that now but when it comes out I'll prolly be the first idiot in line at Circuit City.)

MY pc already hates me for all the TS2 stuff I've done to it. And I don't want to get rid of all of it.

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
susaninsturgis

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 08:38:07 am »

LOL its a rumour I was reading several weeks back an official Maxis release, they said they are not working on Sims 3. Looking how behind they are on patches, 2 for pets. Then when seasons arrives how many issues will need fixed on that. They have started a new variation of the Game, Sims LIfe. i think looking at things, after seasons, they will probably have to bring more social interations for the sims, and theres so many different directions they can go, we went to work, we went to college, now go to school maybe. There is alot they can do with Sims 2 yet.
whsdragon

View Profile
hmm
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 09:16:54 am »

I don't know...
What am I talking about...if they build it it will come lol :sign5:
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 03:51:43 pm »

well they are right..if they make sims 3 it will most likely be vista only *rolls eyes*

true, sims2 is still being made with even old win98 capable, thank the server gods!
but im sure our friend billy boy (mr gates to the rest of the populace that dosent have an imaginary bullet with his name etched into it) will whine and grumble till even EA gives in and makes their new versions only work with vista....

which means EVERYONE will need new vid cards...and memeory, since vista needs 512 to run alone, and im hearing that it needs a vid card thats about 100quid or higher and that they have only made 4 versions of the card so far (i mean types of crad, not the brands)
and everyone is gona throw a tantrum, since the vista basic is totaly ahem, basic.....no media outlay whatsoever..if you even want to be able to use media player, you have to get the better version, vista permium or similarly named >.> (i thikn he is not going to allow you to dl a version of media player for your vista unless you bought the version he states you can *have* a media player on)

so.....heres hopeing EA also make a linux version of sims3 Tongue
*BRING ON THE PENGUINS!*
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 07:22:52 pm »

The only thing I can imagine being more advanced in "Sims 3" would probably be the animation.  After seeing the techniques used in many 3D Movies and games (i.e. "FF: Advent Children" and "The Polar Express")  you would think that EA would invest in making the Sims a lot more life-like, even moreso than they are now.  Probably doesn't mean we will be getting a lot of better looking default sims, though.

And, if many of our prayers are answered about improvements in the genetics department,  I could see them making sims with less of the "ugly duckling" syndrome.  All of the other things, such as expansions, clothing, etc., I really don't see quite yet.

AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2006, 03:17:21 pm »

There's hardly any chance I will get TS3.  
I don't really care if the graphics and the genetics or anything are better.  Unless they add in almost everything in the 'What do you want for TS3' threads than it's not going to be worth the money to me.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2006, 12:47:57 pm »

I'm very happy with the graphics in Sims 2, especially with all these lovely default replacements available Wink And they already move pretty lifelike IMO, barring the odd glitch of course, but it's developed by humans, so it's never gonna be perfect. The only thing I'd really like to see would be more animations for storytelling, since with the existing ones you have to improvise sometimes, but other than that I see no reason for there to be a Sims 3, if I'm honest. Unless you want another sequel for the Pleasantview Saga anyway Wink

No requests please
Barefoot_Gen

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2006, 10:10:43 am »

We all say we will not buy it, but the problem is, we are all going to buy it anyway, because the majority of the community is going to go along with it and when our wonderful custom content creators move along and we hear how wonderful the game is, we will follow the trend.

"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!" - Asuka Langley Soryu, Neon Genisis Evangelion
J-Star

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 09:20:37 pm »

I don't intend to upgrade to a new computer for a LONG time, if ever, so IF The Sims 3 is made I'll probably pass on it and keep playing The Sims 2.  I'm more interested in seeing what further expansions they can come up with between now and whenever TS3 comes out.

"Our position is correct, except... there's no Alderaan!"  -  Han Solo
susaninsturgis

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 01:30:02 am »

Quote from: Barefoot_Gen;488338
We all say we will not buy it, but the problem is, we are all going to buy it anyway, because the majority of the community is going to go along with it and when our wonderful custom content creators move along and we hear how wonderful the game is, we will follow the trend.

nah, thats not why I moved from Sim1 to sim2, theres still sims 1 content available online, and creators for it. I saw what Sims 2 had and did that sims 1 couldnt. It seems whenever there is a new EP though or stuff pack, if you dont get it, seems like everyone else gets it, then you see all this stuff, from content to new interactions that you want to enjoy to. So after Seasons, will get next 1-2 stuff paks, and so forth. SO, when sims 3 comes for some, upgrading no hesitation, as they will want the new improved simmies. Others will stay in 2. But theres spore you can play. Theres aleays some new game to be had. But there comes a time in ones life you want to do more than just play your games, real life Sims3 cant imagine what they could do to make the game better, I feel happy with 2 glitches and all. I dont even remember getting weather in sims1 or drivablecars, self owned bussinesses.
homerette

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 01:46:07 am »

Quite frankly, they could improve upon the Sims 2 by programming it correctly and making it easier for custom content creators, since they are the ones that largely made the sims franchise what is is today.  Except for the crappy programming part.  How many times have you heard/seen a creator gripe about having to clean up code before they can even work on a mod, hack, animation or mesh?

Now, don't get me wrong; I like my Sims2 like the rest of you guys.  I just wish they'd take a little more time with the implimentation phase instead of skipping to the production (read: profit) phase.  Better graphics, a more flexible "moral" code and actually taking pride in a product would be nice.  Kinda like starting all over again and fixing what they screwed up in the first place.
DragonMan Ren

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 02:31:40 am »

There are lots of possibilities for Sims 3 that would potentially improve over Sims 2.  For starters, it's coming out significantly after Spore, which means Sims 3 could benefit from advances in procedurally generated content, making custom objects and animations far easier to create while making the whole thing more resource efficient.  Also, they could examine the sort of custom content was most popular in Sims 2 - varying body shapes, for instance - and make them features in Sims 3, or at least provide better mechanisms for using the custom content.  Sims of different heights and builds would be fantastic, and in my opinion given what little I know about procedurally generated content, should be relatively easy to do with the knowledge gained from Spore.  The possibility of all clothing, default or custom, adapting itself to the Sim's bodyshape (default or custom) is one I would gladly start from scratch for.  Maybe even have a greater range of Sim fitness states than Fit/Normal/Fat - in Sims 2 terms, a Fit Sim with a low Body could be skinny, but perhaps Fit Sims with a high Body could be either Wiry or Muscular.  Genetic influence, maybe?

When Sims 2 came out, I couldn't imagine what aspects of life they could cover in Sims 2 that the original hadn't done.  I was promptly shown that the limits of my imagination weren't shared by the developers, and I fell in love with Sims 2 despite owning almost every original expansion and suffering that horrible burden on my PC to sustain it.  The Sims 3 might very well do the same.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the next generation is like.  After all, if it flops, we'll all still have our copies of Sims 2.
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2007, 03:51:41 pm »

What does this have to do with Sims 2 help? And also, it's old news. Still, it's inevitable. Think about it, Sims 2 was the sequel to the best selling game of all time, Sims 1 was the best selling game of all time. Sims is now taking advantage of the SC series. Sims 3 is an inevitability.

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
megawarrior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2007, 04:31:18 pm »

my pc will finally die when Sims 3 comes out. My computer cannot handle all the expansions on my computer. T_T
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: