Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:05:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding textures...or...  (Read 2165 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Matt's Workshop

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:55:07 pm »

Hellloooo, only me!

Right, I have a question...or maybe two.:grin: First of all, thanks to Kathy for pointing me in this direction! Ta!:grin: :thumbup:

As you know, I've made my glass and gold dining tables. I am having some...no, lots of difficulty in trying to make some matching chairs! I have been trying to somehow add the textures and whatnot from the 'Beta Fomicron Dining Table', the glass and the gold bits, into a chair file. *sighs* But, have failed miserably at each and every attempt, I'm embarrassed to say! I desperately need to make some chairs that match as I'm getting nagged, lol!

I can mesh a chair, that's no problem, but it's getting those textures. It's all so confusing to me! And it's starting to get me frustrated! So, is there a way in which I can change the globals of the table so that it becomes a chair? I've made a chair using those materials from the table, as a table file, but, of course, it stays as a table! :lol: The chair looks great, but I can't use it! lol

I have to warn you, that I am very slow with these kinds of things, so the more details that anybody can help me with, the better! Then I won't have to ask so many questions!:lol: But any help will be very much appreciated, thank you.

I'll watch this space for an answer...or answers!:grin:

Ta! :thumbup:

:howdy:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 01:09:28 pm »

If you will post you mesh and the extracted textures, I will take a look at the mapping and see if I can make the texture work on the model.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Matt's Workshop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 02:35:15 pm »

Oh beosboxboy! You'd really do that for me?  Ta lots and lots! :thumbup: I'll extract...or try to:? ...the files that I need (hopefully I'll pick the right ones!) and I'll make a new mesh for a chair for you using the table glass and gold bits. I had accidentally discarded the other mesh I made. Doh!:angry7: I'll add it shortly.:grin: Thanks beosboxboy! :thumbup:

:howdy:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: