Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:53:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proserpina/Persephone  (Read 4776 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ShadowTerra13

View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2006, 06:19:04 pm »

Persephone is Goddess of the Underworld, daughter of Demeter the Goddess of the harvest. She was abducted by Pluto/Hades and taken down to his Kingdom where she ate nothing but six pomegranite seeds, or one (it changes) She is with her mother two-thirds of the year (spring and summer) and with Hades one-third the year (fall and winter)
I have simmed her while she is in her four months in the land of the dead.

Hair is Nightlife required. The head flowers are by rose at http://www.rosesims2.com. the dress mesh is at http://www.sapphiresims2.com. and the necklace is by seductive sim at http://www.seductivesims.moonfruit.com

Enjoy!

* Persephone.rar (378.63 KB - downloaded 191 times.)

* persephone.jpg (19.79 KB, 228x574 - viewed 749 times.)

* persephonehead.jpg (22.64 KB, 350x585 - viewed 575 times.)

Open up your eyes
bonjovibabe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 07:36:12 pm »

Very nicely done!
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 04:27:15 pm »

Nice.
mandyscog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 07:44:11 am »

Persephone--goddess of SPRING, QUEEN of the underworld, daughter of Demeter goddess of the harvest--is a red-head.  when i was 12 years old i found an ilustration of her and was shocked to find that she looked just like me--except thin and with green eyes instead of blue.
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 09:54:59 am »

eeerrrr, techiquely she is goddess because she's more or less married to hades, right? and also, she is a goddess anyway because she is the child of one. or, well, at least a demi goddess. and there's nothing saying she can't dye her hair.

it's a woman's perogative, yeah?

Tongue

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
mandyscog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 05:12:57 pm »

yes, she's a goddess--the goddess of spring.  each thing only has one god/goddess and hades is it for the underworld.  in addition to being the god of the underworld, hades is also the king of the underworld.  therefore his wife, persephone, is the queen of the underworld in addition to being the goddess of spring.

henna was the only form of hair dye that existed back then and that would only enhance her hair's redness.
ShadowTerra13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 08:02:35 pm »

yall- there are many paintings of persephone (most created during the renaisance), no one knows what she looked like, and she was a deity of both the underworld and the spring, daughter of zeus and demeter.
plus, i really don't mean to offend anyone's veiw of the deity- at the time i made her, i pictured her this way. This is why i love mythology so much- everyone can picture it their own way.

Open up your eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: