Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:28:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Your Game Reminder  (Read 58749 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caseycat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 03:58:43 am »

This is a brilliant idea! And thank you for thinking of it.
Mirablu

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 04:07:04 am »

This is one of those "why didn't anyone think of it before now?" kind of hacks. Simple yet brilliant. I'm definitely going to get some good use out of it-- thanks. Cheesy
Berilac Burrows

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 04:45:42 am »

Great mod, thanks. Am always forgetting to save... not anymore! Does Pets have a bug? Have never had the game crashing before but since Iv'e installed pets I have now started getting crashes.
Moon River

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 05:25:32 am »

Great idea!! Thank you!!

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 05:39:05 am »

I'm going to download all of the 3 options to keep for eventual test. In fact, by my game-play, I save the game by successful events, it means I save all the time something went right and it can be every 2 or 3 Sim hours. The only result I get is that my game drive is incredibly fragmented in about 2 days.
I defragment the drive once, sometimes twice per week.
This can be the reason for crashes sometimes - fragmented drive.
1GB RAM cannot be considered much any longer. The game folder without much of custom content overpass 2GB already. If you use very much of big objects (expensive beds for example are more than 4MB big and have masse of animations) you can be suddenly with less than 10MB left of RAM. The computer then start to use your hard-disk as extra memory, will fragment it 10 times faster and on the end - crash!
Sim2Kid405

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 05:51:51 am »

Quote from: _monique_;451366
Dr Pony, Yes sim hours

unclebubba,
I have all EPs too. It could be a hardware, it could be a software, it could be a hacks.
I never had a crashed in OFB before but after I installed PETs I have a random crash now. I'm playing a fresh neighborhood and with some hacks from others modders too.
My computer specs: P4 3.xx, 1 GIG memory, 256 Video card, a lot space in my harddisk (160 GB) too and still a random crashed?!?

I think the random crash occures for two reason, as any video cards works to play the game, at times when your system is on a long time and your playing for a long time, it only takes 2 to 4 things happening at one point where the memory lose's some of the things the game is doing, so when at that point the game freeze's and crash cause that memory conflicted with another memory and went no where and ties up  your machine as busy, other words it overloads itself, just like getting a headace, and as for me, I run a P4 2.4 gig, Ati x1600 512 mbs and a 1 gig memory.

Try this before running your game, Reboot your comp to a Fresh Window's, turn off some of the things running in the back ground, that also ties up the comp with memory and always update your video driver's.

Who\'s your daddy Sims
_monique_

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 08:05:04 am »

Thanks everyone for sharing your info here and I'm sure our readers will benefit from it. I'm already aware of those things, as I said it never happened before until I installed PETS. My playing habit is almost the same as in OFB. The crash is not always maybe 2-3 times in a week (our time) or sometimes no crash. And I'm just wondering what is causing this. I have other big games too such GTA San Andreas, this is not playable in PIII but you can play SIMS 2 in PIII and no single crash in GTA and no single crash in SIMS 2 too up to OFB except PETS. Hmmm maybe PETS or maybe the user.Smiley

I just want to make a little comment when XPTL297's said "1GB RAM cannot be considered much any longer", I agree the higher RAM the better but I think 1 GIG is enough to play the game. If we want to measure how much RAM that the game consumes, we can check it in Windows Task Manager (by pressing ctrl-alt-del) after launching the game and in processes, mine is around 600MB memory usage. That Windows Task Manager is very helpful to give us some info pertains to our computer's performances.

You can check this out for some Sims 2 tech guide:
http://tg.sims2techguide.net/

relax

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 08:06:06 am »

Good idea!

Maybe I really loved you, ha ha aren't I cute when I Lie?:bunny:
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 11:10:27 pm »

Thanks for this monique,  I have put myself in a habit of saving while playing because I do crash sometimes, mostly because I downloaded a item that does not code right. ie: dresstops by flyingpigeon.  Loved how they look but they don't code right for the game.  Glad someone at mts2 made a mesh for that... but that's another story.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Vren Lyet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 06:40:42 am »

Oh thank you so much! Smiley

After more than 16 years of working with PCs using several versions of DOS (from MS-DOS 3.1 over DR-DOS to PTS-DOS), numerous versions of Windows (from 3.0 to XP, excluding ME) and even experimantally OS/2 and Linux, Vista finally did it: It made me buy a Mac!
Vren Lyet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 06:09:35 pm »

How exactly do you setup the notification time?

In my testing the pop-up appeared at about 8:37 am (Sim time).

How can I change this?

After more than 16 years of working with PCs using several versions of DOS (from MS-DOS 3.1 over DR-DOS to PTS-DOS), numerous versions of Windows (from 3.0 to XP, excluding ME) and even experimantally OS/2 and Linux, Vista finally did it: It made me buy a Mac!
_monique_

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 09:29:12 pm »

Quote from: Vren Lyet;453916
How exactly do you setup the notification time?

In my testing the pop-up appeared at about 8:37 am (Sim time).

How can I change this?

It depends on what time you started or loaded the family. For example after you started a family the time is 9:30AM and you're using 24 hours reminder, so the counter will start from 9:30AM (approx) + 24 hours = time for reminder.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 09:42:50 pm »

This is truly a great idea!  Right after I got my new computer with a built in Nvidea display card (256kb ram), I experienced random crashes 2 and 3 times a day.  After I pulled the ATI card from the fried computer and put it in, I no longer have those crashes.  Of course that doesn't stop the random power outages in the neighborhood or some software from deciding on it's own you need to reboot.
Vren Lyet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 01:41:30 am »

Quote from: _monique_;454215
It depends on what time you started or loaded the family. For example after you started a family the time is 9:30AM and you're using 24 hours reminder, so the counter will start from 9:30AM (approx) + 24 hours = time for reminder.

Ah, okay. I see. Thanx.

ditzie1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:35 am »

It's funny, just yesterday I was thinking that I needed something like this.  I had made a family, moved them in, furnished the house, and started to play.  I know to save after getting the house all set up, but I forgot.  I had placed a new custom object in the house and 2 of my sims got stuck.  I had to exit the lot without saving and I lost everything I had done.  It's a good idea to have a reminder to save, because sometimes you get caught up in what your doing and forget to save, and if anything happens, you lose all of your progress.

You are only coming through in waves. Your lips move but I cannot hear what you're saying. I have become comfortably numb.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: