Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:29:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One Way Doors  (Read 12367 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DocHolladay

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2006, 05:41:32 am »

Okay I had to fall back to basics when I finally got free from some of the family problems.  All the doors have been redone and at least the original colors now show up.  All new GUID's as well for each of the doors so there shouldn't be any conflicts between these and the original sets, although I would highly recommend those be deleted.

Doc
-----

Wednesday March 21:  I am removing the bidirectional and twoway doors for now, since there seems to be a problem, they are only working as oneway doors. Those doors are available anyway as oneway, so until I figure out that problem and fix it, I am temporarily removing those doors.  

I will probably just do those as a separate thread when I have fixed them unless the kind folks here at the InSIMenator net want me to keep this as one thread.

Hopefully this is only a temporary setback for those features as I really like that capability for the double doors, both in residences and in community lots.

Doc
-----

I just got through cloning and hacking the basegame doors to work as oneway doors for all the basegame doors except the bathroom doors.

I also cloned and hacked all the doubledoors to work as half and half doors.

Doc

Here you go Kathy and for all the rest of the great folks here as well:

First set: Oneway doors.rar
All of these doors are oneway, in otherwords the sims will only pass through them in one direction. The arrow seen during installation will show the path they will go in.

Second set: HalfandHalf doors.rar
All of these doors are double doors with one door allowing the sims to enter and the other door allowing them to exit.

As far as I know recolors may or may not work even though I tried to link to original maxis meshes. All the doors according to the great tutorial by numenor are basegame compliant. But since I have all eps plus glamour there is always a chance they will fail.

None of this would have been possible without first and most importantly:
inge for pointing me at her "Oneway Arch" as well as suggesting how it might be possible to do the doors that way as well. Since this effort is based around that help, any credit for the results belong to her. Blame belongs to me only.

And of course a special thank you goes out to all the folks at MTS2 who have talked with me throughout this process. Again credit to them and blame to me for any mistakes.

Please test them.

Report 1.1: Removed halfandhalf Wachout door since that is a sliding door so probably will not work. Rest of halfandhalf doors look like they should work. I just used 2 on one lot with Danny's woohoo girls setup to draw sims in and out of lot so I could observe a couple of the doors in usage.

Recolors I don't think will work at this time and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to fix that little bit from anyone.

2: Reduced file sizes across the board, but after comparing file sizes between one of them and one of inge's door's, I see I still have a way to go on that score the comparison still shows me with about 3-4 times her file sizes. Additional colors still not showing up however yet.

3: Further reduced file sizes across the board. Still unable to get the doors to use more than one color each yet.  I am still trying to figure that part out.  But as an indication of how much has been done so far I am giving a size comparison of the difference in very rough numbers.

Old file sizes compressed: Oneway doors.rar 1.53 Mb
                                       halfandhalf doors.rar 653.8kb
    new file sizes compressed: oneway doors.rar 291.3kb
                                         halfandhalf doors.rar 114.6kb

Doc

* Doc Colonial.rar (681.32 KB - downloaded 313 times.)
* Doc Chic.rar (483.68 KB - downloaded 356 times.)

* oneway picture1.jpg (12 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1579 times.)

* oneway picture2.jpg (12.34 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1563 times.)

* oneway picture3.jpg (11.68 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1559 times.)

* oneway picture4.jpg (11.58 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1537 times.)

* oneway picture5.jpg (12.99 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1492 times.)

* oneway picture6.jpg (11.29 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1519 times.)
* Doc justadoor.rar (113.1 KB - downloaded 302 times.)
* Doc Matt.rar (306.7 KB - downloaded 299 times.)
* Doc Morocan.rar (249.73 KB - downloaded 289 times.)
* doc pigalle.rar (731.78 KB - downloaded 315 times.)
* Doc sesame.rar (297.07 KB - downloaded 316 times.)
* Doc shop.rar (383.54 KB - downloaded 338 times.)
* Doc Simple.rar (316.95 KB - downloaded 326 times.)
* Doc sliding.rar (97.62 KB - downloaded 320 times.)
* Doc Vip.rar (540.43 KB - downloaded 337 times.)
* Doc Walnut.rar (150.01 KB - downloaded 442 times.)
* Doc Yankee.rar (626.92 KB - downloaded 314 times.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 06:51:54 pm by DocHolladay » Logged
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 04:26:15 pm »

Very cool! Thanks!
DocHolladay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 05:20:34 am »

Quote from: kathy;457697
Very cool! Thanks!

The thanks are for you and everyone else who have helped me along the way.  To be honest it started out as just one door then I messed up the first and had to start over. Said what the heck and did them all.

I just hope they are useful to some of the nice folks on this site as well as MTS.

Doc
CobainFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 08:30:41 am »

really cool, thanks!

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 09:58:54 am »

Doc, great work on this project. I too use Inge's doors/arches, and am always on the lookout for more, because whilst Inge's fantastic work is undeniable, its lack of numerous door/arch-types is a constant niggle... so I thank and applaud you for giving us new doors. Cheesy

May I ask if you intend to make any more hacked doors? Indeed, do you have Inge's permission to apply/amend coding for others?

For instance, 4-key gates - Inge only put the codes into two gates, none of them large, just the small white wooden one and the black wrought iron. IF you have the permission and inclination, more variety in those would be nice.

Not wishing to be demanding or putting you under any unfair pressure, of course... but I'm sure that myself and many other folks would greatly appreciate that, or any future variety if you feel inclined. Smiley

In any case, many thanks for these.

Cheers,
Adam.
DocHolladay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 11:46:12 am »

Quote from: Thraxwhirl;458893
Doc, great work on this project. I too use Inge's doors/arches, and am always on the lookout for more, because whilst Inge's fantastic work is undeniable, its lack of numerous door/arch-types is a constant niggle... so I thank and applaud you for giving us new doors. Cheesy

May I ask if you intend to make any more hacked doors? Indeed, do you have Inge's permission to apply/amend coding for others?

In any case, many thanks for these.

Cheers,
Adam.

Thanks for the good words Adam, I am sorry to say she just pointed me in this direction when I asked for a hacked oneway door/arch.  She hasn't given me permission to do anything to her doors or arches.  

I have been thinking after I learn how to make the other colors and/or recolors work on these doors I will primarily work on them for a while.  Then I will try and do each of the ep's doors as matching sets.  For right now getting them to use the other colors already available has me clawing my hair out.

I am thinking of at least one other game object I want to work with however. For now I will keep that idea for a surprise.

Doc
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 08:35:52 pm »

Thanks for these, Doc.  A long overdue idea!  These should prove very useful for smarter traffic flow through buildings.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
DocHolladay

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 08:24:30 pm »

Just updated all the files, since this is my learning piece in many ways, I still see I have a long way to go.

Doc
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 09:24:34 pm »

Quote from: DocHolladay;461353
Just updated all the files, since this is my learning piece in many ways, I still see I have a long way to go.
Welcome to the happy universe of modding Smiley  There will always be a long way to go.  Everyday I'm in the code I see something unusual that catches my eye that I haven't seen before and I'm like, "Damn, there still much left to learn".  Fortunately, there's alot of knowledge floating around out there, so chances are if you don't know it...somebody else does.  Good luck!  You've certainly made an excellent start for yourself.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 09:28:52 pm by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
DocHolladay

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 01:38:01 pm »

Anyone who has downloaded in past probably should redownload since file sizes have been greatly reduced as of today's upload.  I regret to have to tell everyone, I am still unable to get other colors to be available.

Doc
Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 06:16:56 pm »

Just to clarify, my cloning policy is pretty much a no policy policy - ie do what you want with my stuff Cheesy  Already several people have taken on the task of updating and developing my old hacks.

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
DocHolladay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 03:24:49 am »

Quote from: Inge Jones;465913
Just to clarify, my cloning policy is pretty much a no policy policy - ie do what you want with my stuff Cheesy  Already several people have taken on the task of updating and developing my old hacks.

Thankfully so far I have limited my usage to the extracting of one of your bhav functions and your great advice on what to look at.  Thanks to your hints I have greatly reduced the sizes so far and hopefully will figure out the colors issue with a little more research.  But for the past week or more my time has been pretty much tied up with my mother's health problems.

Doc
DocHolladay

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 02:33:32 am »

I appologize for not keeping a closer eye on this over the past few weeks, but my mother died about the middle of the month and everything was just placed on hold during this time period.  Family came first.  But I am now back and will get back to work on this mod as quickly as possible.  

A special thanks has to be given to kathy for her kindness in keeping an eye on this forum during the past few weeks.

Doc
feeEssen
feeEssen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 06:43:00 am »

Wonderful idea!It's great.
Thank you very much.

Would like you to see even more? www.feeessen-sims-objekte.de
DocHolladay

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 03:34:28 am »

Well hopefully the set I just uploaded will work properly now, I do admit I had to go back to basics on them however.  All original colors work but I couldn't reduce the file sizes or include recolors like I wanted.  So that does leave room for improvements later on however.  

But for now all the doors should work properly in all versions of the game since all of these doors came from the base game.  I will probably take a look at the ep's I have now one at the time and get those doors ready to work on as well in the near future.  Although like these I will only do one ep at the time to make things simpler.

Doc

Doors are finished in this set.  Now for some other doors as soon as I can get to them.  I have the following EP's and stuff packs:  University, NightLife, Open for Business, Glamour and Pets.  
However so far from my extractions of those, some doors seem to be common between them which is causing me to try and guess just which doors go with which EP or Glamour.  So until I figure that out I will probably delay doing too much with those doors.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:43:26 am by DocHolladay » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: