Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 12:10:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The reflective appearance has gone from my bottom! SOLVED  (Read 5302 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
exportdry

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2006, 02:14:27 am »

I noticed there appears to be a relective look on Warlokk's meshes.

I decided to modify one a give it platform heels.

A bottom with short short to be precise.

So I imported the file with unimesh & did that in milk shape.

Exported the file with unimesh back to simPE.

Run SimPE Opened the correct folder, replaced the original GMDC file and saved.

Ran body shop and checked out the end result.

OI! THE REFLECTIVE APPEARANCE HAS GONE FROM MY BOTTOM!

Everthing looks the same except the bottom has platform high heels now but the grey skin of bodyshop on my bottom has gone dull!

I compare it to the original and yep my bottom aint reflective no more.

Can someone please HELP my bottom reflect like the original 36H Warlokk Hips MESH.

This is before Milkshape:-See how the legs have a brighter shine to them?
[ATTACH]47880[/ATTACH]

This is after Milkshape:-See how there appears to be a line around the waistline where it doesn't reflect like the top and the legs are duller and not reflective in comparison to the before shot?
[ATTACH]47881[/ATTACH]

Sorry people don't know how to insert image and no one will tell me so this is the best I can do.:tard:

* After!.psd (1487.48 KB, 798x632 - viewed 742 times.)

* Before!.psd (1470.46 KB, 804x626 - viewed 312 times.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:47:35 am by exportdry » Logged

Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 03:39:43 am »

Quote from: exportdry;457043

THE REFLECTIVE APPEARANCE HAS GONE FROM MY BOTTOM!

If you wear big knickers, no one will notice.

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
simbilly305

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:03:36 am »

Quote from: Inge Jones;457085
If you wear big knickers, no one will notice.

:sign5:
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 08:13:58 am »

Found out the issue.

The bigger nickers WOULD help in body shop if they rode right up to the waistline of the bottoms prefereably skin coloured granny nickers.

Milkshape seems to generate a mannequin which has a slightly different texture which is not as refined as some of the ones in the bodyshop but does NOT effect the body in CAS so there is no REAL problem thanks for the advice though.

Hmmm next project

Warlokk 36H BIG knickers. . . . .:drool:

marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 01:07:21 pm »

I also noticed that bumpmap-enabling meshes makes them slightly reflective compared to others...
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 03:24:24 am »

Marvine how do you enable bumpmap for meshes?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 03:27:06 am by exportdry » Logged

marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 04:36:53 am »

So easy it's almost disturbing... :lol:

1) Open the mesh in SimPE
2) In pluging view, click the "export" button and then choose "skankyboy's smd exporter" - don't rename the file or anything.
3) Import right back: in the pop-up window, check the number of assignments (usually 3 or four) and "create bumpmap normals". If the mesh has morphs, you can check the related boxes (you'll need to browse to the mesh package in the line under the box).
4) In the next window, choose the "replace" option.

If the mesh has more than one group, you'll need to export/reimport them one at a time.

Beware: you'll need the latest version of the Unimesh plugins to be able to read the mesh after this if you want to make further edits, and you'll need to do it again everytime you modify it - so usually you bumpmap-enable a mesh when you're reasonably certain that you won't have to edit it again.
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 04:02:58 pm »

So if I had imported a mesh to milkshape that I had edited then exported using Unimesh without exporting the bumpmap and importing in SimPE. . . .

Does this mean I have totally lost the bumpmap for this mesh since Unimesh strips the mesh of the bumpmap because it does not support it?

But then Warlokk's 36H bottom I was modifying did have a bumpmap enabled mesh before hand even though Warlokk was not using the bumpmap for his clothes on this bottom.

So if I export the bumpmap for his mesh in simPE using Oject exporter by skankyboy then imported it, renamed the blocklist and the file name as the one I have edited, would my mesh be bumpmap enabled?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:12:58 pm by exportdry » Logged

Warlokk
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 04:07:47 pm »

Most of the clothing is created the old-fashioned way, using the old Mesh Tool method, since I did not add any verts to the base Maxis meshes, just moved things around.  So they didn't require the SMD export trick to make the bumpmaps work, the Mesh Tool took care of all that.  Once you work the mesh in Milkshape/Unimesh though, it loses the bump info, and has to go through the SMD export/import bit to make them work again.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 04:54:32 pm »

Ahh that explains why your mesh has the bumpmap enabled.

You did not do the editing by filtering it through the unimesh importer & losing the bump map capability of the mesh.

So does this mean the Warlokk mesh I edited in Milkshape via importing with unimesh now has no bumpmap info to export in simPE using objectexporter by skankyboy?

Therefore if I tried to export with objectexporter by skanyboy then import again in simPE it will show no difference in body shop because the mesh has no info which says its bumpmap enabled after being imported to milkshape via unimesh?
Even if I ticked the box which says enable bumpmap when importing in simPE using the skankyboy SMD importer?

exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 05:04:30 pm »

Besides figuring out how to bump map enable your bottom mesh again can I send my finished project of your mesh just to you so can tell me what you think of it personally before I upload the whole set to inSim under your Guest add-ons?

The credits will go to you for the bottom and Chiriko for the  shoes and some of the leg.

marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 05:16:38 pm »

Exportdry,

when you use the Unimesh plugins the bumpmap information isn't correctly translated, but the smd exporter will fix that - it will re-create the right bumpmap normals. But you have to make sure that your base texture has a "normalmap" texture or nothing will happen in game.

Sure, you can send me the mesh for reviewing; PM me and I'll give you my email address. Smiley
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 06:45:51 pm »

This clothing does not have a bumpmap normals texture in it anyway.
So it's not going to show anything in the way of change in bodyshop or CAS.

I'm going to be chopping a full body outfit just gotta see if it is using bumpmapping so I can test the create bump map mesh plugin in simPE.

The bottom I created was made from a 36H Warlokk mesh and the shoes and legs of a Chiriko mesh.

It was an original maxis bottom he modified and changed to a 36H without using milkshape.
He just moved the vertices about.

But I'll be more than happy to send it to you for review Marvine since you know your buisness in this area.

leighkuhn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 11:06:06 am »

glad you got your questions answered!  and i've gained some good info because of your questions as well, so thanks.  sorry i was no help at all- lol- still pretty new to this myself.

Just because I don't care, it doesn't mean I don't understand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: