Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:03:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Handicapped Sim *UPDATED* 11-17-2008  (Read 38050 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 06:53:57 am »

Correct, you can not find it
showerproof meshes only show in the shower.
You have to go into CAS(create a sim) and assigne one of the custom 4 skintones to your sim that you downloaded here.
That nude showerproof bottom is linked to that skintone and will be active the sim takes a bath or shower.

I haven't test it myself yet, so ill try that today incase i did something wrong.

No longer active
Scrabbydoo98

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 07:29:39 am »

Ah!  I have a different skintone on him!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 11:54:58 am »

there is a way to assigne a new skintone to a excisting sim by using christianlov's skintone changer but for some reason it doesn't work anymore in my game... Sad
Maybe cos of the last EP i installed(bath and kitchen) so i prolly need a update for it....
The bottom does work tho Wink

* handishower.jpg (224.01 KB, 600x744 - viewed 534 times.)

No longer active
Scrabbydoo98

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 08:17:24 pm »

If you have SimPE there is a really easy way to change an Ingame sim's skintone.  First open the skintone you want to use in SimPE and search for the Skintone XML-file. Click on Family and copy the value you see.  I usually copy it to a text file just incase I loose it.

Then open the Neighborhood Browser, then Sim Browser and open the file of the sim you want to change the skintone of.

After you have opened it, then click on more and on open Sim DNA.
Change the existing values of Skintone and Skintone range (both dominant and recessive genes) into the value you copied from the new skintone package.

Then save and exit your done!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 02:18:12 am »

ha, so you discovered Simpe. Smiley
I know the method, but thought you didn't know how to use Simpe yet. Cheesy
was i wrong Wink

No longer active
Scrabbydoo98

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 03:03:15 am »

Well I had to change my skintone.  So I typed in Change Skintone into the Search on MTS2.  Someone else had asked the question on MTS2 and it was explained there.  Since then I've used that method several times.  I'm even trying to mesh now.  Working on a body mesh for a Body Builder that can wear the prosthesis you made.  It's working, but it doesn't look good enough yet to upload it.  Plus I still have to learn how to make clothes for that body mesh if I'm going to use it.

Oh yeah I had an idea about the prosthesis so I'll run it by you and see if it could work.  What would happen if you took a left foot mesh and snapped it onto the end of the pylon (pole)?  Would it take the skin tone and also take the second shoe of a clothing mesh?  That's actually what a real one looks like.  Socket (bucket on top), then the pylon (pole), and then a skintone foot at the bottom.  If that would work that would be cool!  Then the sim could go "barefoot" on both feet too.  Little story for ya - I set off the metal detector at the Federal Building here barefooted and the guard (I kid you not) said "The foot beeps too!"  His coworker bout fell out of his chair he started laughing so hard.  The poor guy actually was confused about the flesh colored foot beeping the metal detector. LOL  I'll probably tell people about that when I'm old and in a nursing home, it was just too funny. =D
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 04:33:40 am »

if you are serious about the meshing thing you best take a maxis mesh, open it in milkshape and then assigne a material to it.
When you open the texture editor and view the uvmap then you will understand better how meshing and texturing works.
On the uvmap you see how the mesh is folded out so it can be textured properly

No longer active
Arckanium
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 03:39:02 pm »

Hi!
How can i install this?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2008, 05:38:39 pm »

Quote from: Arckanium;1348156
Hi!
How can i install this?

you download the rar files, extract them in your downloads folder using Winrar or 7zip
Ingame you select the custom skintone and dres him with the meshes you find in the clothing category's.

No longer active
Eimz08

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 03:00:45 pm »

thats realy mean your horrably making fun of disabilty people and thinking its great boo his boo
Scrabbydoo98

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2008, 04:56:55 pm »

Eimz08 Bloom was not being mean in any way nor was he making fun of people with disabilities. The only one being mean here is you.  I find it amazing that the only people that are offended by a sim with a disability are people that don't have a disability!  I think it's just that they don't want to see any disabilities in their little small minded world.  There are disabled people in the real world why can't there be disabled people in the Sim World? I am a leg amputee and I was glad to find this and use it for my sim!  Bloom even made a copy of my prosthesis to use!  

Bloom please don't let people like these get to you.  I for one am very grateful for your work!

Will
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 01:30:32 am »

i know Will. Smiley

No longer active
Eimz08

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 04:02:46 am »

Bloom i I'm very very sorry about that i saw it in a diffeant way but now i know your just trying to help people with disablyt have more fun on the sism 2 and respect it was very kind of you to do that for the people once again very sorry hope you forgive me
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 06:56:03 am »

Its ok Eimz Wink

No longer active
Sim_God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 09:02:39 pm »

thank you for these!

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print