Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:20:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would you like to see next for the Bodyshape series?
More base-game outfits for the existing sizes - 146 (15.1%)
Custom/Celebrity Bodyshapes (like MillaJ meshes) - 127 (13.1%)
Totally original meshes like the Alpha Tshirt & Skirt, Marvine's heels - 235 (24.3%)
Variations on existing sizes (like a 38" Booty Hip set) - 107 (11.1%)
Expansion Set clothing for the existing sizes - 307 (31.7%)
Other (specify below) - 45 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 390

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: What's Next for the Bodyshape Series?  (Read 75948 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 03:28:02 pm »

Choosing between Option 1 (more stuff converted from the base game) and Option 3 (custom meshes) is like being a donkey caught between two bales of hay!

I've been hoping for more base-game stuff because there are a lot of outfits that I'd like to convert to Warlokkian body shapes.  (One in particular: The young adult outfit that Sheila is wearing--white top and gray slacks.  She's 34D36 by inheritance from both parents, y'see.)

On the other hand, there are limitless possibilities for custom meshes!  Anja really needs high heels to go with her long gown! :lol:

eeebee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 05:36:23 pm »

What about elder meshes?

So as not to really increase the work much, how about using the adult meshes for the elders?  This was done with some of the bodybuilder meshes.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 08:19:05 pm »

Tongue

Can't really say that's something I'm interested in working on... although I know someone else was working on making my adult meshes into Elders, that would work well, but I haven't looked into it myself.

Besides, I'm tired of mass-production, which is what another age group would entail... a whole other series of meshes... I want to do something more interesting now.

Here's a couple things I'm tossing around:
Finishing up the Alpha Tshirt & Skirt for the sizes
HEELS!  Either Marvine's or Bsett's, not sure yet, probably in a miniskirt/dress and nude version again
ComicBook/SuperAthlete Bodyshape (BadLuckBlackie's idea, think She-Hulk, LadyDeath, Vampirella and fitness models)
Voluptuous/Classical Bodyshape - that 50's pinup/Playmate look, all natural and all woman, with a custom Fat morph something along the lines of classic Renaissance paintings figures
French Maid outfit for Persephone

That's just off the top of my head... thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 08:38:39 pm by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 06:14:30 am »

Oooo I like the sound of the classical bodyshape!

I might do a small base(all one tone) group of skintones using the adult meshes for the elders if you would like me to? and maybe make some of the appropriate outfits available too
I had meant to do it before, but Ive been swamped in college recently

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
szielins

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 09:58:11 am »

I, too, see little point in making 34Bn any sort of priority.  

I can totally sympathize that grinding out full body nude + alpha skirt meshes for (say) [34A-34De][32-38] to start with would be a exercise in tedium-- that's, what, 28 meshes?  24 if Bn gets ignored for now-- and even then, there's still 40" and the back-problem sizes still ahead.  But at least for me, such things would simplify generating portable sleepware with an appropriately mouth-drying va-va-VA-VOOM! effect.  Never in my life have I known a woman who routinely slept in something akin to a body stocking (although I'm sure such folk exist)-- but I have known some who made use of fairly sheer nightrobes.  (The Empire-waisted nightgowns are realistic, of course, but applying a sheer effect to them just gets you a flesh colored garment.)  (Incidentally, this is an argument against "alpha"s that don't sheer gracefully.  I tried netting-skirt outfits based on the hula mesh and the like, but they look like a woman wearing... well, a fishnet.  Not "fishnet stockings", an actual net-- as is, an skirt made from something last used to slaughter cod.)

It may seem odd that I'm not calling for more separates-- given what I'm doing over on ModTheSims2-- but you've already provided a plethora of meshes for that purpose.  Separates alpha skirts and trousers would be terrific, of course, but since so much of the game takes place in a domestic context and very few women put on a clubbing microskirt when rising at midnight to change the baby...  With or without heels matters little to me-- since all adult Sims are the same height, many of the high heel meshes I've seen look to me like the Sim is using prosthetics to compensate for having her calves blown off during the War.

Incidentally, a number of the 34A "fat" morphs already remind me of many of the nudes from the Renaissance - prewar period.    (See, for example, Moulin's Two Nudes Standing from around 1850.)

If you feel like knocking out one or two quick hourglass mesh specials just for flash and fun value, rather than beginning another slog, I've always thought that Biene's heeled nude Carnaval dancer mesh would be vastly improved by an appropriate traffic-stopping set of hips.  Until a scheduling conflict ensued, I photographed the local Carneval parade every year-- and a great deal of the charm was the acceptance of and joy in human-shaped humans wearing blatant costumes and dancing in the streets, unconcerned (at least for the day) with body image issues.  (The mesh I'm talking about is at
http://www.sim2-fashion.de/datenbank/include.php?path=content/content.php&contentid=524&catid=56&themeid=0
)
nbny

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 11:52:25 pm »

Hmmm...  I like all your ideas Warlokk.  I particularly like the idea of combining your meshes with Marvine's heels, and I think the classical bodyshapes is a great idea!
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 07:40:40 am »

A set of alphas would for sure provide the greatest number of opportunities for clever skinning adventures.

A version of the alpha skirt bottom with heels would add even more bang for the buck, so to speak. :grin:

The classical body shape could be a real winner!  But you'd have to invest a lot of time studying all those pinups and playmates; terrible suffering for an artistic cause, I'm sure.

One thing I'd like to see in the classical body shape would be better development (and feminine fatty tissue) in the gluteus medius, with less emphasis on just adding fat to the gluetus maximus and thighs.  Whilst pursuing perfection in pulchritude, one must consideration variations in tushies as well as in boobies! :lol:

Mesomorphic mamas: Eh.  Some folks like 'em. :scratch:

French maid: :drool:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 07:41:13 am by Chairman Greg » Logged

Jay1646

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 02:45:06 pm »

Quote from: Warlokk;466193
Tongue

Finishing up the Alpha Tshirt & Skirt for the sizes
HEELS!  Either Marvine's or Bsett's, not sure yet, probably in a miniskirt/dress and nude version again
ComicBook/SuperAthlete Bodyshape (BadLuckBlackie's idea, think She-Hulk, LadyDeath, Vampirella and fitness models)
Voluptuous/Classical Bodyshape - that 50's pinup/Playmate look, all natural and all woman, with a custom Fat morph something along the lines of classic Renaissance paintings figures
French Maid outfit for Persephone

That's just off the top of my head... thoughts?

YES YES YES WARLOCK YES!!!!!

This is what im talking about

I love the voluptuous classical bodyshape idea

screw the heels, give me mo bodyshapes!!!!
Rebel Savage

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2006, 10:48:11 am »

I voted for Expansion Set clothing for the existing sizes.  I would love a complete set that would replace the default work clothes.  I hate that when my female Sims go to work they have to change into their work clothes and suddenly their breast get small.  I wish for replacements for the default work clothes.

Peace!

Real friends are those who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel you've done a permanent job.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2006, 11:07:49 am »

Actually work clothes are impossible, since the game doesn't allow you to select them.  The only thing that could be done would be a default replacement set, which would make ALL sims wearing that outfit whichever size... but since I won't make my sizes default replacements, that's not happening.

I think there are hacks out there that make sims able to wear Everyday clothing for work, I'm not sure... other than that, I don't know of a solution.

Oh, and I don't think there will ever be a COMPLETE set of all the clothing in the sizes... it took me a year just to do half the base game tops and bottoms, and 8 full-body outfits for each size.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 11:10:24 am by Warlokk » Logged

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2006, 03:22:17 pm »

Here's something I'm playing around with... it's an update on something I made a long time ago, but only released exclusively for PandoraSims as defaults in the base size, but these will be custom for all the sizes.  They're sort of a prelim step to the alpha tshirts anyway, so I figure I may as well make the tops available too.

* snapshot_f29034ae_929034b7.jpg (72.07 KB, 600x450 - viewed 570 times.)

* snapshot_f29034ae_b29034d1.jpg (71.83 KB, 600x450 - viewed 623 times.)

* snapshot_f29034ae_d29034af.jpg (73.52 KB, 600x450 - viewed 628 times.)

Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2006, 07:24:04 pm »

Yeah, there's no really elegant solution for work clothes unless you want the same body shape for ALL female sims on a given career path.

On the other hand, making everyday clothing versions of the work outfits is straightforward (and so simple that even I can do it).  The hardest part is finding the furshlugginer things!

(For adult work outfits, the resource node is in Sims06 and the shape is in Sims05.  For teen outfits, I finally found one that I was looking for in Sims12.)

Once you've found them, you just create a new oufit of the same type, and then change its Instance and SubType/Class ID numbers in both the Shape and Resource Node to match the Maxis career outfits.  (So you copy a total of 4 hexadecimal numbers from the career outfit to your new outfit.)  That will cause your new outfit to use the meshes of the career outfits.

Then pilfer the textures from the Maxis work outfits and use those textures for your new skin, and you've got it!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 07:24:42 pm by Chairman Greg » Logged

Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2006, 07:29:17 pm »

This one...

... looks a lot like your 34DDE T-shirt on a cold day.  (Am I close?)

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 08:11:15 pm »

Hehe exactly... just a 3d-detail version of the basic Tshirt, thought some might enjoy it.  They're part of the alpha outfit, so I have to put them together anyway.  Something a bit more risque than the regular tops, really.

sesimie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 01:28:38 am »

I agree with the idea of elder bodyshape.....heck converting all npc's!!

But as a user of Dialup....I'm accustomed waiting.

Fortunately Warlokk's work has always been worththe wait.

PS.......Yippee I'm getting some expansions finally!!!  Smiley

“Wait for the sign,To flick the switch of death,It's the beginning of the end......Sweat, chilling cold, As I watch death unfold,Consciousness my only friend” -Ride The Lightning by MetallicA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: