Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:53:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would you like to see next for the Bodyshape series?
More base-game outfits for the existing sizes - 146 (15.1%)
Custom/Celebrity Bodyshapes (like MillaJ meshes) - 127 (13.1%)
Totally original meshes like the Alpha Tshirt & Skirt, Marvine's heels - 235 (24.3%)
Variations on existing sizes (like a 38" Booty Hip set) - 107 (11.1%)
Expansion Set clothing for the existing sizes - 307 (31.7%)
Other (specify below) - 45 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 390

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: What's Next for the Bodyshape Series?  (Read 75931 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 06:23:49 am »

Quote from: Warlokk;466193
Tongue

Here's a couple things I'm tossing around:

...HEELS!  Either Marvine's or Bsett's, not sure yet, probably in a miniskirt/dress and nude version again...

French Maid outfit for Persephone

That's just off the top of my head... thoughts?

Marvine has some wonderful outfits atop her heeled meshes that folks have been doing great things with...I'm just not crazy about the shoes - they're clunky.  Bsett's are so much sleeker and prettier.

I give a huge vote for the French Maid outfit, with a recolor it could be a drindle Cheesy

Still wishing for more items from the base game and some of the expansions.  It would be nice to have different dresses and it would be great to have a formal that could be cut low without the pull at the top.

Somehow, I have a feeling you'll go with your unique shape idea or the fantasy figures Smiley
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 06:28:41 am by VerDeTerre » Logged
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2006, 07:06:56 am »

Oh yeah, what VanDerTerre said!  A lot of folks have been hoping for dirndl dresses.  It's an important icon of female form throughout western culture!  (And one of the sexiest outfits women have yet invented!)

Last February, I was fiddling with the possibility of using the maid's dress...

I was working the vest here.  Hence the thin fabric everywhere else.

... and found that it's about 80% of the way there.  The maid's dress has a ridge that spoils the shoulder straps and limits the shape of the neckline in back.  There's also a problem with the stockings; the cut of the stockings and garters are part of the mesh instead of being controlled by the alpha so you're stuck with garters and thigh-highs for every outfit whether it makes sense or not.  And you're stuck with one shape for the skirt.

Most of the problems would be solved by having the dirndl top as a seperate alpha mesh, top only.  Then we could match it with a skirt that fits the outfit and maybe we could at last create the cleavage effect that this type of top emphasizes.

Add in the Walokkian touch with some bulging boobies to free us from painted-on push-up shading and we'll soon be ready for Oktoberfest! :grin:

Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2006, 07:16:56 am »

Quote from: Warlokk;471215
Hehe exactly... just a 3d-detail version of the basic Tshirt, thought some might enjoy it.  They're part of the alpha outfit, so I have to put them together anyway.  Something a bit more risque than the regular tops, really.

I'd expect nipply versions of any tight tops to be quite popular; several fans have requested outfits with nipply tops.  

"Nipping" was becoming something of a fashion trend in Las Vegas while I was living there; they even did televison shows about it!  (It really has been part of the local fashion in Las Vegas for several decades, just not as common.)

I don't know whether that was a local Las Vegas phenomenon or something that was spread throughout western culture.  It's not as common here in Texas but it's definitely here--noticeable but not remarkable, y'know.

Oh, and I love it! :grin:

Simplistic69

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 01:58:49 am »

Quote from: Warlokk;466193
Tongue

Here's a couple things I'm tossing around:
Finishing up the Alpha Tshirt & Skirt for the sizes
HEELS!  Either Marvine's or Bsett's, not sure yet, probably in a miniskirt/dress and nude version again
ComicBook/SuperAthlete Bodyshape (BadLuckBlackie's idea, think She-Hulk, LadyDeath, Vampirella and fitness models)
Voluptuous/Classical Bodyshape - that 50's pinup/Playmate look, all natural and all woman, with a custom Fat morph something along the lines of classic Renaissance paintings figures
French Maid outfit for Persephone

That's just off the top of my head... thoughts?

Yes, yes and YES!!! All of the above! It's so very apparent that you have excellent taste! I am stoked at the ideas you bring forth: ComicBook/SuperAthlete Bodyshape, Voluptuous/Classical, and the Fat morph like the Renaissance women (Like Greek Statue Girls?) Heck, yeah!!

Please oh please oh please !!!!
Lynziesim

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2006, 09:59:03 am »

I voted other. Smiley

I'd like to see a set of top and bottom skintight bases without as much detail. Basically the swimsuit mesh cut in half. It would give skinners much more variety in making winter tops (no bare midriffs, no collars, no nipples poking through wool sweaters).

Also, thank you for creating the Bodyshape Project! Now my Sims don't look so "cookie cutter" anymore.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2006, 06:22:37 pm »

That's a great idea, I'll keep that one in mind... you're right, it would be very versatile, and sometimes the nipples just aren't appropriate... Smiley

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
PenguinDust1969

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2006, 10:46:01 am »

I'm for combining the alpha meshes with heels.  Certainly Marvine's, but also some of Al's Shoes if possible.  I really think there needs to be more 36d, dd, and ddd body meshes in high heels.

It's a fetish of mine, I admit it. Wink
calimerina66

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 05:44:34 pm »

Quote from: dianerae;462131
Love to see more heels

Me too...
Those maxis clothes with low heels look very sad :-(
I'd like to see more clothes with heels for different body shapes

sorry for my english
barrfly

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2006, 08:28:42 pm »

Thank you for your meshes.  I voted for other simply because it would be nice when our sims get to be an elder they can look as hot as when they were adult.  I wish maxis hadn't made elder women look so frumpy, some of them are hot mama's.  My second vote would have been your meshes on Marvine's heels.  That would look goooooood.  Please keep up the good work, it is greatly appreciated.
Zulu751

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2006, 06:01:16 pm »

Thanks for the meshes so far!! My suggestion would be to widen the variety of curreny meshes.  Some of the clothing sections are very lacking (Gym clothes and swimsuits), and I'd like it if there could be some more choices.
Cinnamin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2006, 11:05:52 am »

First of let me say as a skinner i love your work. Your meshes definately add realism to my game. I'm pretty sure  i'll be pleased with whatever you decide to work on next but i'm also looking forward to a a bottoms set for teen, You did the tops but there arent any bottoms.

Thanks again for these great meshes!!!

Urban kids clothes at CinnaSims
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2006, 05:01:30 pm »

Actually there are a few, they're in the Bottoms Set, the very first part of the series I released:  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=11427

There's only 3 bottoms for each size, but it's something.  I may create more later.  I really need to reorganize this stuff though, don't I... :goofy:

Cinnamin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2006, 11:26:28 pm »

Thanks thats exactly what i was looking for.

Urban kids clothes at CinnaSims
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2006, 03:03:31 pm »

I think you've done a wonderful job so far. I voted for the alpha outfits, since they are more flexible.

If possible, I'd also like to see more shirts that stretch over the breasts instead of being molded directly to the skin.

Like so. Smiley Maybe this would be an application for the alpha, so there wouldn't be a need for a new mesh for every neckline (just the sleeves and relative looseness of the shirts)?

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2006, 03:18:51 pm »

The T-shirt meshes already do that... as do the Halter tops, and most of the other clothing.  Either could be used to get that effect, depending on if you wanted sleeves or the loose bottom.  However, I am working on an alpha T-shirt for all the sizes as well.

* 34DD_Tshirt.jpg (78.65 KB, 600x450 - viewed 432 times.)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: